TKR make a real mountain for themselves

Pages: previous  1  2 
link Jumpstart Joined: Nov 29, 2017
9/22/22, 6:42:30 PM 
In reply to imusic

Boy I remember that. Dem men(certain prominent TT players) was in West Mall before de game. Rain was rell heavy that day and nobody thought we’d have a game. I think the rule was if the game did rain out, we would have gone through by virtue of having finished first in our group. Long story short rain stop like half 6, play started like half seven. Foo rell get on, the DJ played a psychedelic innings and Ganga decided on the last ball to play across the line to one of dem Cranston boys, get LBW, game was lost. Boy you couldn’t imagine the shock in the oval dat night. Everybody just walk out like zonbies. Honestly it was like when Brad Hogg did bowl Lara behind his legs for 91 in 2003 in the final over of the day when Lara was poised to score his first test hundred on his home ground

link Narper Joined: Jan 3, 2003
9/22/22, 7:14:00 PM 
In reply to imusic

I know that the Deo Last ball 6 is the one that most Guyanese cling on to to this day.

Indeed that is one for posterity.
It was the first final of a tournament in this format in the WI.
It is a record forever. Badders will remember it forever

And all trinis would like to forget that night to this day big grin big grin

link doosra Joined: May 25, 2004
9/22/22, 7:15:05 PM 
In reply to Narper

big grin big grin

some things last longer than others

that Foo knock against Barbados was good too and tho it was a bigger knock doesn't have the same feel

link Jeremy Joined: Aug 12, 2013
9/22/22, 7:48:52 PM 
Guyana would have won more games in T20 cricket but they dropped players like Imran Khan, Foo, M nagamootoo and Andre Percival when they were still doing well.

Team selection has always been a problem in guyana cricket.

link tops Joined: Jan 12, 2003
9/22/22, 8:24:36 PM 
In reply to Dukes
"It is particularly ridiculous in today's setting when the teams are not National teams"
Breds, ease up. Y I'm backing other teams V GAW, a gyal bet me a piece everytime GAW loses big grin 😁🤣

link imusic Joined: Nov 12, 2002
9/22/22, 8:40:58 PM 
In reply to Dukes

What are you talking about?

link Jeremy Joined: Aug 12, 2013
9/23/22, 4:56:54 AM 
In reply to Jumpstart

Boy I remember that. Dem men(certain prominent TT players) was in West Mall before de game. Rain was rell heavy that day and nobody thought we’d have a game. I think the rule was if the game did rain out, we would have gone through by virtue of having finished first in our group. Long story short rain stop like half 6, play started like half seven. Foo rell get on, the DJ played a psychedelic innings and Ganga decided on the last ball to play across the line to one of dem Cranston boys, get LBW, game was lost. Boy you couldn’t imagine the shock in the oval dat night. Everybody just walk out like zonbies. Honestly it was like when Brad Hogg did bowl Lara behind his legs for 91 in 2003 in the final over of the day when Lara was poised to score his first test hundred on his home ground

I remember this game. Was raining all day. Trini would have advance if rained out.

And the Narsingh million dollar six was the most special. 1st stanford tournament.

link Courtesy Joined: Apr 15, 2009
9/23/22, 9:14:50 AM 
In reply to Dukes
I find the back and forth on this thread to be nauseating.It is particularly ridiculous in today's setting when the teams are not National teams but have players from many different countries.The reality is that many posting this jingoistic nonsense are blissfully unaware that their ancestors 3 or 4 generations ago could well have been from a different territory or island.I have Bajan,Trini,Jamaican,St Lucian and Antiguan relatives and who knows what other countries.
Allyuh need to stop this garbage!!!!

PHEW

Lil' boys have a right to make their contributions here. And we must be tolerant and defend them to the death.

lol lol lol

link ray Joined: Feb 6, 2003
9/23/22, 9:32:47 AM 
In reply to Dukes
relax banna

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2