The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

TKR make a real mountain for themselves

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 18:17:05 

going to be tough to beat warriors at home in a must win game. Crowd going to be packed and very hostile

Narper 2022-09-22 18:19:27 

In reply to Jumpstart

Crowd going to be packed and very hostile

Trying to fabricate an excuse already???

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 18:24:57 

In reply to Narper

we have four titles sir.....we don't need an excuse

Narper 2022-09-22 18:36:44 

In reply to Jumpstart

we don't need an excuse

Who is 'we'?
You the poster called Jumpstart is looking for a message board excuse.

Lemme tell you something....Warriors have been bridesmaid 5 times....have they played any of the finals at Providence??? Did they play any of the finals in front of a very supportive crowd? Did any muddie posters here use lack of crowd support for losing? NO.

What did Chase say last week....they wanted to silence the crowd and they did.

TKR has enough experienced players to silence any crowd....so don't start the 'hostile' crowd nonsense

And don't bring up dat crap about two women jumping on a flag....so de crowd hostile to trinis.

And by the way jumping on any country's flag is plain wrong and disrespectful ..and these women were misguided and ignorant.

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 18:55:42 

In reply to Narper

TKR has enough experienced players to silence any crowd....so don't start the 'hostile' crowd nonsense

And don't bring up dat crap about two women jumping on a flag....so de crowd hostile to trinis.

And by the way jumping on any country's flag is plain wrong and disrespectful ..and these women were misguided and ignorant

congratulations on a repudiation 4 years on. TKR wins because Trinidad was winning the t20 competitions long before the CPL started. We won in barbados in 2011, beat a very hostile barbdos team(that had dismissed every team they faced for under 100) on Earl Barrow day in 2012. The one time we played a final at home, a semi final against guyana, we lost. If TKR, essentially the descendent of the TT Red Force had played the 2017, 2018 and 2020 finals away from home, we would have still won because the team was that good. The 2015 title is a different story. Red Steel was a poor franchise and i doubt we could have won away from home.

Narper 2022-09-22 19:02:06 

In reply to Jumpstart

going to be tough to beat warriors at home in a must win game. Crowd going to be packed and very hostile

You are implying that it will be tough...only because of a packed and very hostile crowd"

I guess the crowd was hostile and that is why Johnny Bravo won today

Let the games begin wink

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 19:09:47 

In reply to Narper

no.....im implying the hostile crowd(i make no apologies for saying that; GT doh like TKR) is going to be added pressure. The pressure comes from having to play another side in a must win situation who just came off a win, in home conditions. The crowd is added pressure.

imusic 2022-09-22 19:21:11 

In reply to Jumpstart

TKR did make a mountain for themselves this CPL.

That’s purely because we played poor cricket…..especially with the batting.

All the “other stuff” is just noise. Something that an experienced team like TKR knows how to deal with.

No excuses. We only have ourselves to blame.

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 19:24:36 

In reply to imusic

rell poor.....idk but them dudes expect russell to make it rain every single time. Also, and i think this is the biggest factor, the fielding does get reel lax in the last 3 or four overs, allowing sides to make 10, 20 runs more than they should make. 2nd time it happened in two games. And we need to sort out the opener problem before saturday.

ray 2022-09-22 19:26:16 

TKR is GAW bug ah boo
They get up for each other....plus the crowd adds another dimension
Anyway, GAW needs to focus on tonight

Kay 2022-09-22 19:28:16 

I thought this was a must win game for GAW who sits at the bottom of the table ..

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 19:29:49 

In reply to ray

nah....we've never beaten GAW at home in the cpl actually.

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 19:30:41 

In reply to Kay

right now every game for them is a final.

doosra 2022-09-22 19:49:09 

In reply to Jumpstart

really?

TKR never beat GAW at Providence?

surprising

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 19:53:53 

In reply to doosra

never. and quite frankly we've lost badly when we've played there....i think we won once...by seven runs in 2016. Which is why i said TKR dig themselves into a really deep hole. I was hoping we would have beaten SKN Patriots so there wouldn't be as much pressure on saturday. Honestly, TKR could win, but im also seeing the possibility of carnage

doosra 2022-09-22 19:55:37 

In reply to Jumpstart

i am still surprised but admittedly can't remember all the games...i think i remember one when Rutherford and Pooran (or was it Hetty) came out blazing...

still TKR got the mental wood over GAW...so that is your 12th man

there is a nice wicket now too so now obvious spin advantage

knock out game for both so it should be a good one

doosra 2022-09-22 19:59:00 

Both GAW and TRK over seas batters not doing much

Windiesfan78 2022-09-22 20:00:13 

In reply to Narper

Tell the upstart Narps and I quote:

What did Chase say last week....they wanted to silence the crowd and they did.

big grin

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 20:00:55 

In reply to doosra

true, munro is inconsistent, but the fielding in that last 3 overs is giving away 10 extra runs and one of the openers is denying us 20 runs.

doosra 2022-09-22 20:07:19 

In reply to Jumpstart

father time...the older guys are not as fast as they used to be...I think Bish commented on that

imusic 2022-09-22 20:08:16 

I think Jumpy is right. Don’t think TKR ever beat GAW at Providence.

imusic 2022-09-22 20:09:20 

In reply to Windiesfan78

Silencing the home crowd is the aim of every away team. Nothing unique there

What was rare in that instance is that Kings managed to do it.

Narper 2022-09-22 21:06:36 

In reply to imusic

I think Jumpy is right. Don’t think TKR ever beat GAW at Providence.

I remember a time when TKR almost win....super over match....Philip pelted the super over for GAW....Poor Nicky poo could not get his bat to touch a single ball big grin

imusic 2022-09-22 21:14:32 

In reply to Narper

I know that the Deo Last ball 6 is the one that most Guyanese cling on to to this day.

For me, the most memorable Guyana victory was the T20 semi final at QPO when the Hety of that time, Jonathan Foo, took Guyana to an improbable victory, which led to victory in the finals and ultimately a berth in the T20 Champions League in South Africa.

We just gave away that match. At home to boot.

Dukes 2022-09-22 21:39:54 

In reply to imusic

I find the back and forth on this thread to be nauseating.It is particularly ridiculous in today's setting when the teams are not National teams but have players from many different countries.The reality is that many posting this jingoistic nonsense are blissfully unaware that their ancestors 3 or 4 generations ago could well have been from a different territory or island.I have Bajan,Trini,Jamaican,St Lucian and Antiguan relatives and who knows what other countries.
Allyuh need to stop this garbage!!!!

PHEW

Jumpstart 2022-09-22 21:42:30 

In reply to imusic

Boy I remember that. Dem men(certain prominent TT players) was in West Mall before de game. Rain was rell heavy that day and nobody thought we’d have a game. I think the rule was if the game did rain out, we would have gone through by virtue of having finished first in our group. Long story short rain stop like half 6, play started like half seven. Foo rell get on, the DJ played a psychedelic innings and Ganga decided on the last ball to play across the line to one of dem Cranston boys, get LBW, game was lost. Boy you couldn’t imagine the shock in the oval dat night. Everybody just walk out like zonbies. Honestly it was like when Brad Hogg did bowl Lara behind his legs for 91 in 2003 in the final over of the day when Lara was poised to score his first test hundred on his home ground

Narper 2022-09-22 22:14:00 

In reply to imusic

I know that the Deo Last ball 6 is the one that most Guyanese cling on to to this day.

Indeed that is one for posterity.
It was the first final of a tournament in this format in the WI.
It is a record forever. Badders will remember it forever

And all trinis would like to forget that night to this day big grin big grin

doosra 2022-09-22 22:15:05 

In reply to Narper

big grin big grin

some things last longer than others

that Foo knock against Barbados was good too and tho it was a bigger knock doesn't have the same feel

Jeremy 2022-09-22 22:48:52 

Guyana would have won more games in T20 cricket but they dropped players like Imran Khan, Foo, M nagamootoo and Andre Percival when they were still doing well.

Team selection has always been a problem in guyana cricket.

tops 2022-09-22 23:24:36 

In reply to Dukes
"It is particularly ridiculous in today's setting when the teams are not National teams"
Breds, ease up. Y I'm backing other teams V GAW, a gyal bet me a piece everytime GAW loses big grin 😁🤣

imusic 2022-09-22 23:40:58 

In reply to Dukes

What are you talking about?

Jeremy 2022-09-23 07:56:54 

In reply to Jumpstart

Boy I remember that. Dem men(certain prominent TT players) was in West Mall before de game. Rain was rell heavy that day and nobody thought we’d have a game. I think the rule was if the game did rain out, we would have gone through by virtue of having finished first in our group. Long story short rain stop like half 6, play started like half seven. Foo rell get on, the DJ played a psychedelic innings and Ganga decided on the last ball to play across the line to one of dem Cranston boys, get LBW, game was lost. Boy you couldn’t imagine the shock in the oval dat night. Everybody just walk out like zonbies. Honestly it was like when Brad Hogg did bowl Lara behind his legs for 91 in 2003 in the final over of the day when Lara was poised to score his first test hundred on his home ground

I remember this game. Was raining all day. Trini would have advance if rained out.

And the Narsingh million dollar six was the most special. 1st stanford tournament.

Courtesy 2022-09-23 12:14:50 

In reply to Dukes

I find the back and forth on this thread to be nauseating.It is particularly ridiculous in today's setting when the teams are not National teams but have players from many different countries.The reality is that many posting this jingoistic nonsense are blissfully unaware that their ancestors 3 or 4 generations ago could well have been from a different territory or island.I have Bajan,Trini,Jamaican,St Lucian and Antiguan relatives and who knows what other countries.
Allyuh need to stop this garbage!!!!

PHEW

Lil' boys have a right to make their contributions here. And we must be tolerant and defend them to the death.

lol lol lol

ray 2022-09-23 12:32:47 

In reply to Dukes
relax banna