The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

AMERICAN AIRLINES CUSS OFFICE OF PM......

Emir 2023-02-16 11:43:08 

For Trinidad and St Vincent and told the FA Guyana ministry to eff off as well. I tort long gorn are the days when white foreign corporations use to treat our offices like crap.

Link Text

Chrissy 2023-02-16 12:03:18 

In reply to Emir

Unbelievable - not really.I
There was a major incident with PanAm - Barrow and Burnham did not take it kindly. The incident took place in Bim and Forbes banned PamAm.
This one is madness. How dare any airline refuse VIP status to two Caribbean Prime Ministers

Emir 2023-02-16 12:21:33 

In reply to Chrissy

The employees of American Airlines has to be Guyanese? The check in counter is run by low level managers and clerks, not corporate executives, it is mind boggling these counter check in folks would be so bold, brave and stupid- all at the same time, as to disregard their government decree?

If the Guyana government is serious, they certainly can arrest the people responsible.

Chrissy 2023-02-16 13:23:48 

In reply to EmirDecades ago BWIA had a special hostess in New York to deal with the Caribbean VIPs particularly during UN General Sessions.

One day the great Pearl had to do something else for a few minutes so she asked this white American lady to check in the PMs and foreign ministers. One Minister had some serious overweight but though his position meant they'd wave the fees - stand in says Sir you will have to pay overweight fees. He replied I am a Minister - her response - Sorry Rev, everyone has to pay overweight - thankfully Pearlie returned before there was a major scene lol lol lol

Curtis 2023-02-16 14:01:17 

Why treat these elected officials differently than the rest of us????

What we encouraging, classism and special treatment?

Don't care what's done for US and so called foreign dignitaries in their countries, it's appropriate that all citizens share same privileges.

KTom 2023-02-16 14:31:13 

In reply to Emir

If the Guyana government is serious, they certainly can arrest the people responsible.

On what charges? Isn't Guyana a nation under the rule of law not tinpot dictators or a caliphate?

Overthrow 2023-02-16 14:56:46 

In reply to Curtis

You have echoed my sentiments. Theses politicians with an exaggerated sense of entitlement must be humbled to experience the norms of their populace.

KTom 2023-02-16 15:07:24 

Radical idea, I admit, but if one actually reads the story with a mind to understanding, it doesn't say the men were refused access to the VIP lounge, only that they had to leave to check-in.