The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

BRAHMIN CASTE SYSTEM TO BE OUTLAWED IN SEATTLE

Emir 2023-02-21 00:09:29 

The U.S. caste debate has divided the South Asian community. Dalit activists say caste discrimination is prevalent in diaspora communities, surfacing in social relations, housing, education and the tech sector

Link Text

maj 2023-02-21 00:13:10 

In reply to Emir

Seattle, India???

Once again an idiot progressive liberal Indian moron outlaws a non existent crime.

doosra 2023-02-21 00:16:48 

In reply to Emir

having now done with the greatest sin in america....can they outlaw racism? next big grin

Curtis 2023-02-21 00:49:39 

Indians have caste system
Caribbean peeps are color sensitive. Red/White, Mixed, light, get preference over dark.
US, well, white is right
Chinese, same thing, lighter the brighter

Mankind, is that what is meant, light over darkness??? We salt!

doosra 2023-02-21 02:18:45 

In reply to Curtis

Emir is a dalit warrior big grin big grin

Emir 2023-02-21 02:57:54 

In reply to doosra

Emir is a dalit warrior

Thanks, best thing you could have said about me!!!! I strive to expose discrimination where ever I see it, and your grand-parents would have been proud of me as all "Indo" Guyanese came from "lower caste" in India. I would like to see you embrace all peoples- be a true Guyanese and move away from that racist "Indo" movement

BTW, the story is about an Indian American woman who got power and is now trying to do good by her constituents. This isn't my story.

Emir 2023-02-21 12:11:34 

In reply to Curtis

Indians have caste system
Caribbean peeps are color sensitive. Red/White, Mixed, light, get preference over dark.
US, well, white is right
Chinese, same thing, lighter the brighter

You are mad wrong, do not trivialize the caste system- there are over 100 million people mainly young people who are given this artificial status each year and no matter how well they do in life, they cannot get out of it- that status confines them to an inferior human than there peers.

Some examples include:

If they see a Brahmin walking the street, they must make way for the Brahmin to pass, failure to do so will result in physical injury or in many cases death
Imagine an innocent 5 year old child asking Mama, "why do we always have to bow to the other people and why do they always scorn us?

They are always last on line for everything and the front is impossible to get too
Young teenage girls are raped by Hindu men from "upper castes" with inpunity. Raping of dalit girls is one of the ways these Hindu men loose their virginity, sort of an experiment

Children born of Dalits will remain dalit and so too will their grandchildren, great grand and great great grand, in short this is a permanent status, as Brahmins believe Dalits were created to serve them.

To equate this caste terrorism to any other forms of discrimination shows ignorance of this system and your depiction is that every society has form of discrimination, so caste terrorism is par for course is really wicked.