The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Billy Heaven pulls out

Dukes 2023-03-18 00:44:17 

of the race to be CWI President.

He saw the writing on the wall

Dukes 2023-03-18 00:45:31 

Please Fan no comments on the header please!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

doosra 2023-03-18 00:48:20 

In reply to Dukes

was it too Shallow? big grin

Dukes 2023-03-18 00:51:47 

In reply to doosra

Did you read Shallow's manifesto and his qualifications?

doosra 2023-03-18 00:53:34 

In reply to Dukes

i saw excepts in the KN articles Spratty shared...i am not on FB now so didn't follow

is there an open access version somewhere other than fb

Dukes 2023-03-18 00:55:52 

In reply to doosra

Somebody posted it on the thread I started but was unable to get the link going.

doosra 2023-03-18 00:56:31 

In reply to Dukes

ok i am googling around

A graduate of Walden University in Minnesota with a Doctorate in Business Administration specializing in Financial Management, Dr. Shallow also attained a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Wales, Cardiff, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Business Computing from the University of Sunderland. In addition to serving as President of St. Vincent and the Grenadines Cricket Association from 2014 – 2020, he has served with distinction as President of Windward Islands Cricket Board from 2019.

Walden grad etc he is a 'business' grad so we we should expect good things in that department...

his biz degree from Sunderland is with good company

i heard him on radio when John interviewed him and i was less than impressed...he was dwelling too much in abstraction...for example when asked about the commercial model he said nothing ...i guess he has the secret up his sleeve
big grin

Dukes 2023-03-18 01:05:26 

In reply to doosra

check my thread.WI fan posted it

doosra 2023-03-18 01:10:41 

In reply to Dukes

ok he got it on his website

i have read these sorts of manifestos too often to be excited

I want to see how he will do the commercial bits on the ground and the governance

Ongoing Review and Restructuring of CWI
- this one gonna happen? and does it include the directorship structure?

sudden 2023-03-18 01:20:49 

In reply to doosra

Degrees agrees pedigrees greegrees filagrees

Don’t mean Shoite when de gully out

A person is known by what they do, not by the cut of their jib or the useless papers they wave

We are real shallow in the Caribbean

doosra 2023-03-18 01:23:53 

In reply to sudden

let the man post his qual nah

you wouldn't be taken seriously without your paper would you big grin big grin

sudden 2023-03-18 01:28:16 

In reply to doosra

Only paper I have is toilet paper

And nobody in their right mind takes me seriously smile

doosra 2023-03-18 01:29:20 

In reply to sudden

i see nothing in the manifesto to jump up about btw

i guess he said a lot without saying anything

sudden 2023-03-18 01:31:05 

In reply to doosra

Exactly what those degrees are for

Lots of talk no action

I heard him being interviewed when he and skillet ran together, there is nothing there man

Dukes 2023-03-18 01:31:22 

In reply to sudden

RU suggesting that DT and MM were not in their right minds?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

sudden 2023-03-18 01:32:03 

In reply to Dukes

That suit you big grin

And why you think I am fed up with the lotta long talk and no action

doosra 2023-03-18 01:33:48 

In reply to sudden

i mentioned at the time and on this thread i was not impressed when John interviewed him on commentary some weeks ago

he comes over as another talk man

i saw one of his thing is being on the Caricom Marijuana committee or something like that...if i needed one more nail ...that was it big grin

sudden 2023-03-18 01:35:25 

In reply to doosra

Exactly

Rather King Dyall than any of these credentialed motormouths

sudden 2023-03-18 01:37:21 

Can’t we get Dukes to run? big grin

Jumpstart 2023-03-18 01:38:58 

In reply to doosra

i saw one of his thing is being on the Caricom Marijuana committee or something like that...if i needed one more nail ...that was it

ey yuh stinkh.... lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol doosra that was low

to be fair to swallow, the west indies commercial viability is dependent on their performance, and the west indies has been inconsistent since 1995, and woeful since 2011

. What attracts or attracted people to west indian cricket? Lightning pace bowling, uninhibited strokeplay and extremely evervescant crowds. Curtly Ambrose in POS 1994 cleaning up England is a perfect example. But now, we don't have any of those elements. The team is more conservative than the church, we only produce medium pacers for the most part and the crowds have left West Indies cricket. My dad started working in the late 70s and he told me, in Trinidad, people would be given time off to go and watch Viv and co play, in much the same way that Brazilians get time off to watch brazil at the world cup. M uncle, who's an engineer in JA said the exact same thing.

To get the West Indies brand viable, you have to get the West Indies team winning again.

Dukes 2023-03-18 01:39:56 

In reply to sudden

People who have been in the arena, understand a heck of a lot more than those sitting on the sidelines.

I had a close friend who had a degree in Political Science and when he got involved in Elective Politics he said REAL POLITIK is a completely different ball game.

Dukes 2023-03-18 01:42:24 

In reply to sudden

Can’t we get Dukes to run?

The only person that can get me to run for CWI President is Hettie's MOMAGER!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

sudden 2023-03-18 01:42:43 

In reply to Dukes

Exactly that is why degrees are worth Jack shit and anyone who touts them even less

The proof of the pie is in the eating big grin

sudden 2023-03-18 01:43:07 

In reply to Dukes

Run from or run to? big grin

doosra 2023-03-18 01:43:25 

In reply to Jumpstart

bruh, as a tax payer subsidizing Caricom I have a right to some humor don't i big grin big grin big grin

it will take a lot from Caricom to win me over...

Jumpstart 2023-03-18 01:53:57 

In reply to doosra

bruh, as a tax payer subsidizing Caricom I have a right to some humor don't i

ey if yuh do laugh you'll cry. The fall of the West Indies is one of this century's great tragedies. Dr Rowley played golf with viv recently and wondered out loud how a cricket team and culture that was so exceptional could degrade so quickly. And people does play dey doh care about WI cricket anymore, especially in TT. but let the WI get even close to a winning position, they'll all be glued to their televisions, computer screens and phones

imusic 2023-03-18 02:52:43 

In reply to sudden

Can’t we get Dukes to run

You crazy??

Dukes will send private jet to pick up Hety at he house and Momanger say nah and Dukes will still pick him

And he will try to coax wunna Baron outta retirement too

And to top it all off, he will name Sarwan chief selector for life

Leff Dukes where he is please cool lol

Onionman0 2023-03-18 08:45:01 

In reply to Dukes

Congratulations to Shallow!!! With very heavy heart..... Hopefully, will take more pragmatic and visionary steps....