The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

BARBADOS PRIDE SQUAD ANNOUNCED FOR ROUND 4

openning 2023-03-21 01:28:24 

Shane Dowrich (captain) Camarie Boyce
Kraigg Brathwaite Jonathan Drakes Dominic Drakes Chaim Holder
Akeem Jordan Jair McAllister Zachary McCaskie Shayne Moseley Roshon Primus Jomel Warrican Kevin Wickham
Link Text

robbo 2023-03-21 16:42:56 

Ramon Simmonds seems to have fallen out of favour…unless he’s injured (no reference made to injury in press release)

I think I’m right in saying that he only played one game in the recent CSA T20

velo 2023-03-21 16:51:56 

the batting is the biggest problem brathaithe should add more stability at the top but the middle order is thrash they missing chase, hope ,reifer and brooks

doosra 2023-03-21 16:53:43 

In reply to velo

Chase and Reifer carrying drinks in SA

analyst-kid 2023-03-21 19:49:56 

In reply to robbo

Seems to me he is being punished for his unavailibility in the first two matches...plying his trade in T20 leagues

PalsofMine 2023-03-21 19:50:15 

They have enough there to mash up for TT. Just hoping that Michael can make some runs. My match next round is WI v LI. Others are too one sided.

analyst-kid 2023-03-21 19:51:22 

In reply to robbo

How can u leave out a young express left hand pacer with 12 wickets @18 in his first 4 FC matches?

openning 2023-03-21 20:03:58 

In reply to analyst-kid

How can u leave out a young express

I was thinking the same until I saw Drakes bowl, he is miles ahead of Simmonds.
Jair McAllister is green, but he should be on the team.

Logic 2023-03-22 08:32:20 

In reply to openning
Drakes mild ahead of Simmonds? Drakes ain't a newbie . Where are his stats to support this statement?

sudden 2023-03-22 11:37:42 

In reply to analyst-kid

same way they continue to pick that joker McCaskie

openning 2023-03-22 11:40:52 

RASHAWN WORRELL REPLACES KRAIGG BRATHWAITE IN BARBADOS PRIDE SUQAD FOR ROUND 4 MATCH IN 2023 CWI REGIONAL FIRST CLASS (4-DAY)

Link Text

sudden 2023-03-22 11:47:14 

In reply to openning

good. Bobo could do with a rest after that 2-0 drubbing in SA big grin

tc1 2023-03-22 15:05:30 

In reply to sudden

These bim posters are amazing, they asked for Zack,they got him. They asking for Simmonds , they got him,they asked for Primus they got him,they asked for Wickham they got him. They asked for Worrell they got Rashad instead of Frank. lol lol

openning 2023-03-22 15:55:34 

In reply to tc1
Is Primus playing in the right format?
His bowling don't seem up to par for this format, hope can bat better than he bowls.

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 16:00:41 

In reply to openning

Remember one of Primus first FC bowling feats was taking 9 wickets for Trinidad ( along with 60 and 51 batting) vs Barbados leading the Trinis to victory some years ago.

Primus took nine Bajan wickets for Trinidad. I think this will be the first time he is playing for Barbados in a FC match

tc1 2023-03-22 16:19:29 

In reply to openning

Maybe, Primus comes from good stock, CP to the wirl.

openning 2023-03-22 16:43:53 

In reply to analyst-kid
How many 9 wicket hauls since then?
He bowls a heavy ball, with no real follow thru.
I know he has been playing cricket in Australia, saw his postings daily, his bowling don't seem up to the level you would want a medium pacer to be, at the regional level.
Lets hope his batting is better.

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 17:22:45 

In reply to openning

Everyone here has to adjust their opinions. It is clear that the Barbados management not focussing on winning, They didnt play Simmons in the last match ( him, Drakes and McAllister would have been a formidable attack) and now in this match THEY LEFT OUT DRAKES. He would have to be either be injured or they not focussing on winning...Primus in my opinion is not a frontline FC bowler so the steady Jordan and rookie McAllister is not enough firepower.

Furthermore you leave out Comarie Boyce, a wicket taker with a sub 20 bowling average for Warrican who at an immpressive FC 291 wickets @ 21.22 but a test average of 35.21 has been replaced by Motie...YOU NEED TO EXPOSE THE YOUNG SPINNERS SAME WAY WITH YOUR PACERS AND BATTERS.

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 17:27:53 

Barbadios strongest bowling attack are youngsters Jordan Drakes Simmons and McAllister in tandem,,,a youthful four prong.

In respect of Warrican and no disrespect to him, I would like to see him, a Vincentian doing similar to Justin Greaves, a St Lucian and giving some services to the Windwards Islands team and freeing up Joshua Bishop to play for the Barbados team in FC cricket.

seaegg99 2023-03-22 17:34:53 

In reply to analyst-kid

We see the same thing bro. To compare Simmons bowling to Drakes is crazy.

Drakes a good young alrouder but Simmons a potential game changer as a fast bowler.

openning 2023-03-22 17:36:53 

In reply to analyst-kid
I agree with your four pacers, but the batting is weaker than the bowling.
Warrican remains a robot, he never use the bowling crease and will never bowl over the wicket

openning 2023-03-22 17:55:06 

In reply to Logic

Drakes ain't a newbie . Where are his stats to support this statement?

There are many reasons why Drakes was selected in the CPL and IPL, Simmonds is in his second regional tournament.
It has been a few years since I have seem Drakes bowl, and what I saw showed me, he is ready.
He is on par with Jordan, Simmonds and McAllister are raw talents, to getting their feet wet

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 18:42:12 

In reply to openning

In the current state of WI and the dearth of emerging pacers, I cant see either Drakes or Simmons benched in no match nor young McAllister....these youngsters at this stage no different from a young Clarke Marshall and Daniel and those guys were never benched.

openning 2023-03-22 19:03:08 

In reply to analyst-kid
The quality of cricketer during that time was miles ahead of what is played in Barbados, I've been writing about it for over a decade.

You live there and see cricket all the time, so even if a development of a player is below par, most fans don't seem to see it or care.
I remember seeing Roland Holder wicketkeeping in a 1st division match for Empire, the fans at Bank Hall was clapping and shouting after every delivery he catch, I went to Carlisle Best who was commentating that day and asked, is they not an up and coming youngster that is in Empire organization,Carlisle just laugh and said, that what our cricket has come to.
That very afternoon I drove over to Yorkshire, saw Ashley caused and umpire, took of his pads close to the boundary and continue having words with the fielding team.
I played for Yorkshire, we had to returned to the pavilion once we were given out.

That very day tells me, that the BCA had devalue the product, any team can play at the highest level, it was not the best top players playing each other every weekend, it was catering to clubs,
Most of the guys playing at the Elite and 1st division level today, would had been playing Intermediate cricket.
We have not produced a great International batsman in decades, and we celebrate a player by him scoring a century every 25-30 innings.
One of the reasons I have problem with Barbados cricket fans, there a difference between a home cook meal, to one at Chefette.

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 19:36:39 

In reply to openning

I agree with your four pacers, but the batting is weaker than the bowling.

The batting is missing Brathwaite Hope Mayers Brooks Chase and Reifer....the batting will work itself out...you shouldnt weaken your bowling to accommodate the young emerging batters...winning isnt everything.

TheTrail 2023-03-22 19:43:17 

Which team does Chemar Holder play for?

Is he still playing cricket?

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 20:27:13 

In reply to TheTrail

Of late all I read about Chemar Holder is him scoring runs, not taking wickets....he must be hoping for a T20 league allrounder spot.

sudden 2023-03-22 20:28:10 

In reply to analyst-kid

Chemar or Chaim Holder?

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 22:09:29 

In reply to sudden

Chemar...not featuring taking wickets but making runs

sudden 2023-03-22 22:24:16 

In reply to analyst-kid

Ok local cricket?

analyst-kid 2023-03-22 22:41:49 

In reply to sudden

Yes in local cricket.

I know you are not sweet on McCaskie but since the start of the tournament, himself and Moseley has in seven innings

A 69 run partnership vs Guyana
A 40 run partnership vs Jamaica
A 59 run partnership vs Leewards
and so far a 40* run partnership vs T&T

Under such results I don't see them getting rid of McCaskie so fast

openning 2023-03-22 23:10:53 

In reply to TheTrail
Chemar played for Cave Hill last season, he seem to be still injured he hardly bowl.

analyst-kid 2023-03-23 16:02:45 

In reply to sudden

I know you are not sweet on McCaskie but since the start of the tournament, himself and Moseley has in seven innings

A 69 run partnership vs Guyana
A 40 run partnership vs Jamaica
A 59 run partnership vs Leewards
A 69 run partnership vs Trinidad and Tobago

McCaskie right now 71*

tc1 2023-03-23 16:22:53 

In reply to analyst-kid

Zack is the best batsman in the squad after Dow, Moseley and Jonathan Drakes are useless.