The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Massa Mark says the Finance Minister

Chrissy 2023-03-21 22:55:40 

Good Grief - descendant of slave masters says Warmington - Professor John Golding?
Shame on you labourwrongs.
Total confusion in Parliament. Well said Lisa.

Headley 2023-03-24 02:11:32 

In reply to Chrissy

The finance minister did well bex when Mark called him Santa Clark. Well him get him revenge now.

cricketmad 2023-03-24 17:05:38 

A nation divided will not prosper.The country needs unity, but instead of so-called leaders preaching unity ,they resort to spreading division amongst the population .As to Warmington he is a very crass man ,lacking integrity, and decorum.

Headley 2023-03-26 03:35:08 

In reply to cricketmad

`This is the closest I have heard anyone come to offering a compliment to Warmington. lol

nitro 2023-03-26 14:17:34 

In reply to Headley

Clarke is doing an excellent job, following the great work of Peter Phillips.

michaelmax 2023-03-27 02:25:14 

In reply to nitro

Clarke is doing NO SUCH THING. He reeks of arrogance and condescension and there is a reason he has been at ODDS with ALL public sector groups. He cannot WALK in Phillips' shoes who had to deal with an IMF programme necessitated by Shaw. Today under Clarke we have a hedge tax but no ACTUAL hedge fund. So why? Inflation is high post pandemic and public sector workers are treated as disposable. He DICTATES and BULLIES. Phillips NEVER operated like that.

Chrissy 2023-03-27 12:16:40 

In reply to nitro
Dat must be a joke - he is all hat and no cattle - a total and complete fake.

Wally-1 2023-03-29 04:04:43 

In reply to Chrissy
Terrible and unfortunate, he should apologize. This is too reminiscent of PJ, much too divisive, wrong is wrong.
shock evil

FanAttick 2023-03-29 08:47:29 

In reply to Wally-1

Terrible and unfortunate, he should apologize. This is too reminiscent of PJ, much too divisive, wrong is wrong.

What a ridiculous comment!
PJ was divisive? In what way?

PJ was unquestionably one of the least divisive leader in Jamaica’s history. Only rivaled by Norman Manley

Wally-1 2023-03-29 12:41:56 

In reply to FanAttick
Oh so quickly or conveniently we forget the racism against Blinds.

Wally-1 2023-03-29 13:18:57 

In reply to FanAttick

Were you the one that said this, "if this leader joins you in the crowd, you would not recognize the difference."

Words are like bullets from a gun boss, no return after they leave the lips or chamber.

JohnBull 2023-03-29 15:13:52 

OK here we go .....fifteen rounds of boxing ....the main event in the heavyweight division....in this corner wearing the green trunks is Wally the One

And in that corner wearing bright orange is FanAtilla .....bing bing bing....may lightning strike them both as soon as the fight starts so that my likkle island can get past the phuckery politics and down to some serious nation building.

nitro 2023-03-29 20:19:09 

In reply to JohnBull

Agree on that.

Wally-1 2023-03-30 04:29:34 

In reply to JohnBull

OK here we go .....fifteen rounds of boxing ....the main event in the heavyweight division....in this corner wearing the green trunks is Wally the One

Did you stop read what I posted?

I'm calling out and condemning divisive politics in Ja. regardless of

colours, it is full time for our leaders to mature and act responsibly.

The finance minister is wrong and he should be made to apologize, it

doesn't, however, change the fact that a former PM injected a loud dog

whisle in a political campaign.

FanAttick 2023-03-30 11:03:10 

In reply to Wally-1

Were you the one that said this, "if this leader joins you in the crowd, you would not recognize the difference."

Words are like bullets from a gun boss, no return after they leave the lips or chamber.

I’m loathe to fulfill JBs prophecy but its hard to take you seriously when you skipped over the most divisive leader in Jamaica’s history who started off in the 1960s with a series of inflammatory statements

Here are but a few examples:

“blood for blood and fire for fire” - signaling his intent to attain and retain power through political violence even if it meant that the blood of the citizens would be flowing like rivers in the streets. This intent was followed through in the 1970s as he colluded with the See-Hi-Hay to unleash a campaign of terror on Jamaicans in an effort to topple the PNP government that ultimately culminated in the bloodiest period in Jamaica’s political history. The worst and most unforgivable part of it was burning down of Eventide Home with over 150 old and infirm ladies….

Describing PJ and the PNP as “black scandal bags” - associating PJs (and the majority of Jamaicans) dark complexion with scandal - a racist trope dating back to the days of slavery

The inflammatory “Nobody never sing “Boom Bye Bye” fi me yet” - in reference to PJ - painting PJ as a homosexual….forcing PJ to have to go on national radio to defend his sexuality

Chrissy 2023-03-30 11:15:25 

In reply to FanAttick
Leff dem

I will never forget di black scandal bag at their carnival parties.

The Massa Mark comment is beyond offensive. John Golding and his wife did way more for the masses of this country than any one of dem john crow. His contribution to the eradication of polio and establishment and administration of the Polio Rehab Centre is globally recognized. Dat road from Papine to UHWI, UWI and Flats is called Golding Avenue for a reason and it sure was not named for a politician.

FanAttick 2023-03-30 11:21:31 

In reply to Chrissy

Indeed…

Here is the great King Yellowman describing the Eventide Home Fire

He said he could hear “bone a crack”
Beyond Wickedness

Chrissy 2023-03-30 12:40:25 

In reply to FanAttick
I won't forget dat either - they killed those old people for political gain

Wally-1 2023-03-30 13:25:41 

In reply to FanAttick

The inflammatory “Nobody never sing “Boom Bye Bye” fi me yet” - in reference to PJ - painting PJ as a homosexual….forcing PJ to have to go on national radio to defend his sexuality

You need to grow up bro. the idea wasn't to do a research or defense of bad

behavior but simply to condemn it and share the guilt of both parties.

It's despicable whether coming from Blinds, PJ, Warmington, Clarke or whomever.

FanAttick 2023-03-30 13:37:07 

In reply to Wally-1

Its telling that you cut and pasted the Boom Bye Bye quote and not the others lol

Am I to assume that you and blinds were singing from the same hymn sheet? lol

Wally-1 2023-03-30 13:45:53 

In reply to FanAttick

Its telling that you cut and pasted the Boom Bye Bye quote and not the others

Not intentional, wouldn't do that to a Rabalacian.
smile