The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Are the oil boys committed to WI cricket?

Barry 2023-03-22 01:59:23 

Hetmeyer claims he can’t find a plane- we lose and he is ok with that. He plays neither for Bernice or Guyana.
Never fit Keemo Paul leaves the Guyana team to go IPL- he implies money comes first, loyalty never
Is Motie hoping to get a contract too?
Wifan begins to complain and puncheon shoot him down like a tombstone fool
Yet they have no problem calling PSL club cricket as if Emir doesn’t exist… cool cool

Dukes 2023-03-22 02:26:50 

In reply to Barry

Old Lady # 1: The food in this restaurant is terrible

Old Lady # 2:Yep,and such small portions.

If the food is terrible then why do you want larger portions???

From your previous postings you do not think that either of them are good cricketers so why would you want them to be available to represent West Indies??

imusic 2023-03-22 02:40:45 

In reply to Dukes

Allyuh never thought Bravo, Pollard, Narine, Russell, Lendl Simmons etc were good enough to play for WI. Yet that never stop Allyuh from labeling them mercenary, prima donna, while questioning their availability to play for WI.

Answer de man question cool

bird 2023-03-22 03:03:24 

In reply to Dukes

Truly speaking Hetty and Kemo are two highly talented potential to be great players but they are badly mishandly

Barry 2023-03-22 10:09:58 

In reply to Dukes

F rom your previous postings you do not think that either of them are good cricketers so why would you want them to be available to represent West Indies??]

You are an empty insular old man and I never said that…

Barry 2023-03-22 10:11:30 

In reply to imusic

Especially Pollard but even now… they called bravo bits and pieces evil evil

WICFan 2023-03-22 10:34:29 

In reply to Barry

It would have been nice for Keemo Paul to play more domestic cricket but at least he turned out for Guyana at least once in the domestic fc series.

Dukes 2023-03-22 10:38:18 

In reply to imusic

Allyuh never thought Bravo, Pollard, Narine, Russell, Lendl Simmons etc were good enough to play for WI.

If one were to assume that "allyuh" includes me, then that statement is false.

1. I have never questioned Dwayne Bravo's ability wrt whether he was good enough to play for WI in any format.

2.I have never questioned Pollard's ability wrt whether he was good enough to play for WI in white ball cricket.

3.I have questioned the legitimacy of Narine's bowling action and speculated that he was afraid to make himself available for Official ICC cricket as he might be called for his action.I might add that the empirical evidence strongly suggests that my speculation was correct.

4.I have questioned Russell's recent performances in white ball cricket for the West Indies and felt we should turn the page on him which is what the selectors did.

5.I have never questioned Lendl Simmons ability wrt his ability to play for the WI.

labeling them mercenary, prima donna, while questioning their availability to play for WI.

That above statement is quite ridiculous and comes from a poisoned, resentful mind that perceives slights on your favorite cricketers and seeks to lump all non-trinis as dismissive of Trini cricketers..

I have repeatedly said that you have a tendency to attack me as being insular, biased and prejudiced but never adequately address what I actually post.I can only conclude that is because you can not attack FACTS.You refuse to respond to my request that you reveal what things that I post are not FACTS but "so-called facts" for the simple reason that is a made up phrase lacking in meaning.

I wil not stoop to the low level of attacking anyone on this board which seems to be your modus operandi.

Dukes 2023-03-22 10:41:52 

In reply to Barry

You are an empty insular old man and I never said that…

Maybe you can set the record straight right now by saying that you think that Hetmyer and Paul are good cricketers who are good enough to play at least white ball cricket for the West Indies but you are disgusted by the fact that they have, through their actions made themselves unavailable to play for the West Indies.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Barry 2023-03-22 11:23:29 

In reply to WICFan

I suppose… once is everything… big grin

Barry 2023-03-22 11:25:01 

In reply to Dukes

Thank you for your post, Sir, you disappoint me confused

Overthrow 2023-03-22 12:00:16 

Those players earned a comfortable living in their craft outside of CWI. Many on this board would prefer they were under the “lash” and whims of the controlling body with limited earning options. Strangely enough plying the trade in English county cricket is regaled by the same posters. It is absolutely hilarious reading posters contort themselves like pretzels as their country men are now making the same decisions.

Dukes 2023-03-22 12:28:09 

In reply to Overthrow

Strangely enough plying the trade in English county cricket is regaled by the same posters

I am one who regales our players for playing English County Cricket because it undoubtedly makes them better cricketers.

Lashing ball in T 20 cricket in the IPL does not develop them into better cricketers ,it is merely (though importantly) a way to give them financial security.

Many posters want all our best players to play for the West Indies and are rightly disappointed when they do not.As far as I am aware playing in the IPL does not significantly impact the ability for our best players to play for the WI as it did back in 2009 with Gayle and that "winter" tour of England in 2009.

The situation with Keemo Paul and Obed McCoy on the surface is very disappointing but I am not sure exactly what the facts are.

I have already stated my views on Hetmyer missing his flights and now not playing for Berbice and therefore not eligible for selection for Guyana.It is INEXCUSABLE.

nick2020 2023-03-22 12:38:57 

In reply to Dukes

Dukes you really in a conversation wid Red Steel about commitment to West Indies cricket?

I can find a job for you if you gat so much free time on your hands.

PalsofMine 2023-03-22 12:41:22 

Has CWI explained why there has been the break in the FC season this and last year when they know that the second half will clash with IPL? Seems like they were just looking for trouble unnecessarily.

Overthrow 2023-03-22 12:41:24 

In reply to Dukes

Clearly players have chosen increased earning ability , as most of us have chosen in our vocation over the years. Your opinion with respect to improved cricketers is strictly an opinion. The game has changed dramatically over the last twenty years offering options to formats. Similar to medicine one can opt to specialize, that you may understand. I am of the opinion players who chose franchise cricket have honed their skills and talents commoditizing their opportunities to a wider array of potential employers.

Dukes 2023-03-22 12:47:39 

In reply to Overthrow

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
If you were to pick a World T 20 squad, you would find it full of successful test cricketers.

Overthrow 2023-03-22 12:58:35 

In reply to Dukes

Our two T20 WC teams were dominated by T20 franchise players.

Barry 2023-03-22 14:42:38 

In reply to nick2020

Hush yur fat arse, Sarge…. The dead woman lives evil

Barry 2023-03-22 14:49:10 

Lashing ball in T 20 cricket in the IPL does not develop them into better cricketers ,it is merely (though importantly) a way to give them financial security. ]

Only Guyanese must lash ball and fill they fat belly… dem tits- not so much evil

Dukes 2023-03-22 17:09:25 

In reply to Overthrow

Listen to this

https://youtu.be/obnX9NQYNtg

Overthrow 2023-03-22 18:29:37 

In reply to Dukes

Thanks, interesting piece. Most discussions leave out bowlers in the T20 discussions. The assumption then is bowlers are not affected (much) from one format to another. So the sportscasters are of the opinion batters are immensely affected in technique by T20. It is a fair assessment. I will concentrate on the IPL for my side of the discussion, primarily because it supports my opinion. India has used batters successful in the T20 arena prior to success in Test , such as Pant, Gil, SKY, Inshan.

Barry 2023-03-22 18:57:52 

In reply to Overthrow

As Australia cool

WIfan26 2023-03-22 19:04:27 

In reply to Overthrow

Just to prove how wrong you are and how right Dukes is take a look at those Indian players you've mentioned FC record!!! Albeit India's population allows it to play more FC Cricket, those guys are the cream of the crop!!!

Overthrow 2023-03-22 19:34:58 

In reply to WIfan26

Duke is raising the point that T20 adversely affects batting technique. My rebuttal indicates good batters perform to the level of their competency within the various formats. Also the batters I mentioned were exposed to international bowling standards in the T20 level prior to Test.

WIfan26 2023-03-22 19:57:05 

In reply to Overthrow

Fair enough but other factors to the contrary...

1. I'm sure they face international standard bowling in their FC setup

2. Indian players only play IPL no other leagues

3. Only 4 overseas are allowed to play how many are bowlers in a predominantly batsman game

I believe it gives them confidence in playing against superstars but they aren't just made from the IPL the system is what produces them!!!

Barry 2023-03-22 20:14:58 

In reply to WIfan26
And they learn from the others as we see in the women's league . . .You seem to be fairly intelligent, I can't believe you're Guyanese

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Overthrow 2023-03-22 20:18:50 

In reply to WIfan26

All three points accurate. Your summation drives home the point that the batting technique can be sustained over formats. Good batting is art.