The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Sinclair

mikelegend 2023-05-23 08:48:54 

Looks a much more attacking and effective off spinner than Chase at the moment. Would love to pair him with Hossein in the near future.

Dukes 2023-05-23 10:26:19 

In reply to mikelegend

Like our dear friend on this board,Barry, Uncle Desmond does not rate Sinclair as a bowler.He was heard singing Sinclair's praises as a batsman and wondered why Sinclair was not being played by Guyana as a top order batsman.As I speak Sinclair drops a catch in the slips.

Barry 2023-05-23 10:57:14 

In reply to Dukes

We need the bowler not the circus clown shock

mikelegend 2023-05-23 13:34:57 

In reply to Dukes

Desmond does not rate Sinclair as a bowler.He was heard singing Sinclair's praises as a batsman and wondered why Sinclair was not being played by Guyana as a top order batsman

I hope he is taking a good look now.

Logic 2023-05-23 20:13:33 

In reply to mikelegend
Selectors need to take a mulligan on this. Sinclair should be in both white ball squads. He is young enough that his wicket-taking will improve in red ball format. But he has all the attributes to be an effective white ball bowler and lower order batsman

Headley 2023-05-23 23:05:30 

In reply to Logic

It may be useful to show his age since some folks expect him to be the finished product without getting the experience.

Barry 2023-05-23 23:06:18 

In reply to Logic

You mad lol

openning 2023-05-24 00:49:47 

For the last few years we had to qualify for ICC World Cups, and fans spend time commenting on players after less than 10 innings.
CWI cannot discard any player, we just do not play enough cricket or have various structures to develop them.
The Headley/Weekes matches should be for franchises to select players, not for CWI to pick them for International duties.
You are picking these youngsters base on 4 innings, just think about that.
The sad part about it, these same youngsters that fans rave about, will be thrown under the bus for non performance in a year or two.
We need a rebuilding process, have a core of players you identify, and add performing players.
The last part of my rant, how would love to see, Tage, Athanaze,Jordan, Kirk, Sinclair, part of the International squad for the next 3-5 years.
Last build don't continue destroying the product.

Logic 2023-05-24 02:05:04 

In reply to openning

Y agree with your general point about not throwing youngsters to the wolves but Sinclair though young has been around for a while

openning 2023-05-24 02:24:08 

In reply to Logic
I saw Sinclair for the first time, during the Headley/Weekes leg. love his fight, I also like Jordan and Nyeem Young.
Jordan enjoy bowling and Nyeem cries when his game is not up to par.
I wish Shamar Springer would be as committed to the sport as these guys are.

Dukes 2023-05-24 07:52:15 

In reply to openning

[quote]I saw Sinclair for the first time, during the Headley/Weekes leg.[/quote]

You need to see more cricket before you can sensibly comment on team selections.
I suspect you need to look at the numbers as well.

mikelegend 2023-05-24 09:43:10 

In reply to Dukes

I was shocked when he said he saw Sinclair for the FIRST time during Headley/Weekes. I know that Sinclair even represented Windies not too long ago in a few T20s…

Logic 2023-05-24 09:50:16 

In reply to mikelegend

Yup

Logic 2023-05-24 09:56:10 

In reply to Headley

He's 23 which is not that young for a white ball allrounder. But young enough that his offspin bowling can improve

Logic 2023-05-24 09:59:05 

In reply to openning

Apart from already playing a few matches for WI he has also been playing in CPL franchises for years. Where you been?

Dukes 2023-05-24 10:47:38 

To show the duplicity of the COS. He is marveling at how good a batsman Sinclair is and talking about him being put as a top order batsman by Guyana ,yet he is batting at #8 here after DaSilva who is in excellent form recently so does not need the batting practice. You guys need to use your gray matter and not fall for the okie dokie of CWI!!!!

mikelegend 2023-05-24 11:54:21 

In reply to Dukes

I am perplexed that Reifer is batting before Brandon King!

Logic 2023-05-24 11:58:50 

In reply to Dukes

Wow. The COS decides the batting order too?

Logic 2023-05-24 12:00:27 

In reply to mikelegend

Yep. All this waiting around to bat causing King cramp

mikelegend 2023-05-24 12:07:59 

In reply to Logic

Not at all. He opens the batting occasionally and he is a better top order batsman than Ramon Reifer. Therefore, King should bat before Reifer…simple logic.

PalsofMine 2023-05-24 12:36:25 

if it is the captain who decides the batting order, it is bewildering that he is batting Reifer at #3 in every inning so far when you have pple like King and Carty hanging around.

anthonyp 2023-05-24 13:20:52 

In reply to openning

I saw Sinclair for the first time, during the Headley/Weekes leg.

Seriously? shock

And you always critising teams selected by posters on this MB? lol

You know cricket is played in other areas of the region, right? Not Bim alone lol

Dukes 2023-05-24 16:25:50 

In reply to Logic

Do you think that the COS,having expressed that he thinks that Sinclair should be batting higher up for Guyana has zero influence on determining the batting order in a West Indies A team tour which is DEVELOPMENTAL????

openning 2023-05-24 16:28:13 

In reply to anthonyp
Every sense Stanford I have very little interest in the comedy show, T20 cricket is more for entertainment, not for the development of players.
I paired it to the Long ball drivers in golf.
No-one would say Long ball hitters are golfers, so why are we saying Powers are batsman?

openning 2023-05-24 16:43:08 

In reply to Dukes

You need to see more cricket before you can sensibly comment on team selections.
I suspect you need to look at the numbers as well.

I have been in Calgary for 53 years, have every copy of Cricket quarterly and West Indies Cricket, I went to Tony Cozier home and got all copies and a subscription.
I have never missed a game in our 4-day regionals, I don't see anything in T20 cricket that I would get me excited.
I call as I see it, I have seen too many greats, even lived on cricket archive daily when it was free, if I want info I would subscribe to it for a period.
Your opinion is yours, none of us know the future of any players, I prefer to follow a player progress over time, before I comment on him.
I believe in Best practice.

anthonyp 2023-05-24 17:27:56 

In reply to openning

I have never missed a game in our 4-day regionals

And yet de first time you saw Sinclair was in the Headley/Weekes series? lol

tc1 2023-05-24 18:02:38 

In reply to mikelegend

Even my grandson should bat before King.2 quacks and many here beat up Shai Hope who is our best ODI.

Dukes 2023-05-24 18:31:33 

In reply to openning

I have been in Calgary for 53 years,
Never been to Calgary and unlikely to ever do so

have every copy of Cricket quarterly and West Indies Cricket,
I have every copy of the Annual from 1970-1992

I went to Tony Cozier home and got all copies and a subscription.
. Good for you

I have never missed a game in our 4-day regionals,
I am assuming that you are talking about before you went to Calgary in 1970!!!!!!!

I don't see anything in T20 cricket that I would get me excited.
This discussion is about red ball cricket and ODI's which are 50 over matches so this comment is IRRELEVANT
I call as I see it,
Clearly that is not the case since you have not seen a lot in the last 53 years due to being in CALGARY

I have seen too many greats,
That is IMPOSSIBLE

I believe in Best practice.
Listening to your discussions and reasoning, that claim is extremely doubtful.

My advice to you is to watch more WI cricket so that you can better pontificate on the subject matter.

SELAH

none of us know the future of any players,
Careful analysis would make it more likely than not that you will be right more than you would be wrong if you analyze the data properly.

even lived on cricket archive daily when it was free,
I am still living on it

Your opinion is yours,
That isn true, but it is an opinion based on facts,analysis of the data and honed from watching International cricket since 1965 and talking to many former players, umpires and other fans

Brerzerk 2023-05-24 19:06:54 

In reply to Dukes
You should visit Calgary then drive out to Banff-Lovely place.

openning 2023-05-24 21:50:14 

In reply to anthonyp

And yet de first time you saw Sinclair was in the Headley/Weekes series?

Once a player performance at the U13 level is noticeable, Opening will follow him to the U19, and forward, it is obvious that the young man did not make a mark.

openning 2023-05-24 23:45:10 

In reply to anthonyp
Do you and others look at the standing in all formats of West Indies cricket?
Do we have to qualify because of poor selection?
I would like someone to list the average of the top batsman in the region, and I will compare it to players their age.
Lets go.
I criticize because none of our present groups players have stats of 40 or higher, to think a player with an average 30 or lower merit selection, and should be selected from one or two performance, it is like a drowning man hanging on to a straw.
I am suggesting rebuilding in all formats.

Dukes 2023-05-25 21:39:34 

This year 2023

23 year old Kevin Sinclair

BATTING 468 runs in 12 completed innings=AVERAGE 39.00

BOWLING 32 wickets for 627 runs at an average of 19.59

I have been following regional cricket for decades, this youngsters name was never mention, after reading all the fuss, I had a look at the young man stats.
Only in the West Indies do we want such a player selected at this time.

Need I say more??????

mikelegend 2023-05-26 07:49:24 

5 for Sinclair. cool

PalsofMine 2023-05-26 12:49:08 

Mike, just for the edification of an old fool: is this the first Sinclair who used to do the flips or is this the second Sinclair?

WIfan26 2023-05-26 14:30:56 

In reply to PalsofMine

Kevin Sinclair is the original flip man, came into prominence in the 2019 Super50 when a team of emerging players won the trophy!!!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/super50-cup-2019-20-1203617/west-indies-emerging-team-vs-leeward-islands-final-1203664/live-cricket-scorehttps://www.espncricinfo.com/series/super50-cup-2019-20-1203617/west-indies-emerging-team-vs-leeward-islands-final-1203664/live-cricket-score" target="_" >Link Text

anthonyp 2023-05-26 15:30:37 

In reply to openning

Let me fix this for you...

Once a Bajan player performance at the U13 level is noticeable, Opening will follow him to the U19, and forward, it is obvious that the young man is not Bajan so he did not make a mark.

In Sinclair last year at the regional U19 tournament he was one of the standout players, with runs and wickets.. He didn't make the cut because the WI selectors went for guys who were part of the previous WI camps... Some guys that you don't even hear about anymore.