Don’t jump the gun, Dukes

Wait for some economics to trickle down

Soon happen. Just hold on big grin

Dukes 2023-05-26 12:03:33 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

doosra 2023-05-26 12:41:57 

In reply to sudden

i am rooting for ALL those who signed off on this one-sided contract burn in eternal hellfire for giving away the people dem ting - evil i know

we expected Exxon to be caring ?

why blame exxon when we signed off on it?

camos 2023-05-26 12:49:17 

anyone knows what the Govt. earned from the contract during that same period?

StumpCam 2023-05-26 13:10:48 

In reply to doosra

So, who signed off on it??? Or is that top secret???
Don’t believe I ever heard of anyone accepting responsibility!

camos 2023-05-26 13:29:09 

In reply to StumpCam

Don’t believe I ever heard of anyone accepting responsibility!

Would you really expect to hear that, I bet you my last dollar that if you find the person responsible, they will tell you it is a good deal.?

doosra 2023-05-26 13:33:30 

In reply to StumpCam

Who authorised Trotman?

Trotman's role should be probed...

Trotman was duly advised

more

they blame each other...one seh the previous laid the foundation and they had little choice

SnoopDog 2023-05-26 13:43:36 

In reply to doosra

The geniuses responsible for that deal are still arguing that half of 65 is 34.

StumpCam 2023-05-26 13:57:12 

In reply to doosra

Thanks bro!

“Trotman had reason to know that his Stabroek negotiation terms were weak. On Friday June 24, prior to signing the deal, he sent the terms to an oil industry expert for review. Working quickly, the expert responded on Monday the 27th. In a brief, the expert told Trotman that Guyana needed far more information about the value of Stabroek and what a fair deal would be…Around the same time, Trotman requested advice from a second oil expert. According to the expert, he also told Trotman that the government needed more information about the economics of Stabroek before signing and even suggested where Guyana could get money to hire advisors. Both sets of recommendations were apparently dismissed. ,” the report said.

Halliwell 2023-05-26 14:32:08 

Chune change
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

This is so funny on an MB level but sad in real life

All the boasting and toasting and gloating
This was obvious
When man point this out all last year and maybe before, Richmond Hill massive used to cuss

Make the best of it but protect your environment
Who is the fool who say it have so much forest in Guyana they ent mind if Exxon spoil a few million acres

sudden 2023-05-26 14:37:30 

In reply to Halliwell

Mout mek fuh talk

Like Brexit going release 35 mil to the NHS or something so big grin

doosra 2023-05-26 14:43:07 

In reply to Halliwell

Richmond Hill massive used to cuss

you can't help yourself...but isn't it ironic that it was not "the Richmond Hill crew" that signed off the contract finally? do you see your folly?

but to your point - many Guyanese have been pushing back from day 1 and continue to...Guyanese of all walks...

the fact is we handed it to Exxon...a business entity...they did not force us into signing...so it makes little sense to blame them...we allowed them all the freedom they have by not doing due diligence on every front

doosra 2023-05-26 14:46:44 

In reply to sudden

go easy on the Brits big grin big grin

deh just spent 300m to coronate a king...it's 2023 not 1023
smile

Kay 2023-05-26 15:34:05 

Exxon-led group earned nearly $6 billion in Guyana last year

It's called return on investments. What's the big deal?

Halliwell 2023-05-26 16:18:45 

Don’t boo!
Vote! cool

Headley 2023-05-27 13:38:17 

In reply to camos

When I read that the Govt of Guyana was getting a loan from Exxon prior to negotiations I knew the result would be major disappointment for the country.

Which sensible person borrows from someone prior to a negotiation? The two things don't go together.

What is even more sad is that at the time when Guyana found oil it was one of the least indebted countries in the Region because so many of its loans were very old with low interest rates and many others had been forgiven. The civil servants tried their best. They had turned down the advances of many lenders and refused to borrow unless the lender was prepared to give 20% grant and 80% loan.

doosra 2023-05-27 14:14:51 

In reply to Headley

you are spot on...we the people were in no damn hurry to earn oil money...we were chugging along just fine

but there were things like election cycles, frenism, feeding at the trough etc

look at who is benefiting from oil money and you will see [not that you do not know but i am just saying]

camos 2023-05-27 19:40:27 

Does Guyana owns any percentage of the project?

Headley 2023-05-27 20:16:38 

In reply to doosra

we were chugging along just fine

Noted Doozie.

Keep us updated on how benefits are being shared and whether the most disenfranchised are getting help.