The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Mount Everest: A Mountain of Human Excrement

FanAttick 2024-02-08 14:54:20 

Nastiness

I am amazed how vastly different the attitudes are to excrement in certain cultures…

Walking through New York City is like navigating an obstacle course of human and animal excrement…people spit and defecate anywhere…even inside hallways of public buildings…

Same in Europe..every time I go to Paris I have to keep my head firmly fixed on my next step..every street is covered in human and animal excrement…

Look out of any hotel window in Mumbai India and you see people squatting and defecating in the public without batting an eye in shame….

Even in Jamaica - a country that used to pride itself for its hygiene standards you had the recent Crab Circle debacle….

tigga 2024-02-08 15:02:56 

In reply to FanAttick

This is some really high sh**t topic here Fan.

doosra 2024-02-08 15:53:32 

In reply to FanAttick

if yuh could walk that isht up
yuh good enough to fetch it down

btw London not so long ago was a Royal ishthole too

Jumpstart 2024-02-08 15:54:15 

In reply to FanAttick

i didn't see anything like that in vienna. place was spotless. but there were quite a few vagrants and homeless ppl so i assume it was present somewhere. i didn't see it though

doosra 2024-02-08 15:56:28 

In reply to Jumpstart

i didn't see any in Belgium for 6 months either

DirtyDan 2024-02-08 16:02:54 

Poop and Scoop rule

FanAttick 2024-02-08 16:24:09 

In reply to Jumpstart

I was in Lisbon just before the holidays…similar experience…
Most of the other European countries have been ok…UK is terrible…

Jumpstart 2024-02-08 16:45:09 

In reply to doosra

neither did i and was there for two weeks. tbh though, the worst smelling vagrant I encountered was in Gent Train station. i gave the dude 10 euros just to go away. Brussels had a lot of street art, but very little garbage. if they do have this problem, then their local government systems work almost perfectly because i didn't see any poo of any kind. wonderful country.

doosra 2024-02-08 17:00:50 

In reply to Jumpstart

yea i had good days in Ghent and Antwerp (where i lived). Didn't smell any except chocolate lol

XFactor 2024-02-08 18:36:10 

It is hard to dethrone Rome as the dirtiest European city, garbage, cigarette butts and smells like sewer.

Chrissy 2024-02-08 21:27:12 

In reply to FanAttick
Nuff nasty people inhabit this planet - on the other hand if everything is for profit, don’t look for anything related to the public good like public toilet facilities. We let people live in squalor across the planet.