The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

LULA STANDS TALL IN GLOBAL ISSUES

Emir 2024-02-19 15:49:43 

Brazilian President Lula has accused Israel of committing genocide against Palestinians and compared its war on Gaza with Adolf Hitler’s campaign to exterminate Jews.

“What’s happening in the Gaza Strip isn’t a war, it’s a genocide,” Lula told reporters in Addis Ababa where he was attending an African Union summit on Sunday.

“It’s not a war of soldiers against soldiers. It’s a war between a highly prepared army and women and children,” added the Brazilian president.
“What’s happening in the Gaza Strip with the Palestinian people hasn’t happened at any other moment in history.

Actually, it has happened: when Hitler decided to kill the Jews.”

Israel's foreign minister described Lula's comments as antisemitic and said he was "persona non grata" in the country until he retracted them.

velo 2024-02-19 17:08:05 

He should be standing tall in his country as well

Brerzerk 2024-02-19 17:10:02 

In reply to Emir

once you open your mouth and its not in support of Israeli Govt illegal policies you are 'anti-semitic.'

XDFIX 2024-02-19 17:25:38 

In reply to Brerzerk

Poor Lula, I doubt he understands the real issue is religion!

Emir 2024-02-19 17:35:21 

In reply to velo

He is indeed.

XDFIX 2024-02-20 13:17:22 

Brazil-Israel row escalates as Lula declared 'persona non grata'
Brasília (AFP) – Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva's comparison of Israel's military campaign in Gaza to the Holocaust has unleashed a diplomatic firestorm, with Brazil recalling its ambassador Monday and Israel declaring Lula "persona non grata."

mikesiva 2024-02-22 09:05:15 

In reply to XDFIX

So what? I doubt Lula wants to visit the apartheid state of Israel, anyway.

Lula is taking a stand on principle that Biden and Sunak fail to take.

And it's not just about religion. It seems you're unaware that Israel is bombing and killing Palestinian Christians as well.

XDFIX 2024-02-22 09:29:59 

In reply to mikesiva

It’s the survival principle, just so you know!

dayne 2024-02-22 13:01:51 

Lula and Ramaphosa are the moral leaders in the World at the moment.

XDFIX 2024-02-22 13:04:17 

In reply to dayne

Squeeze Guyana in the middle

BREAKING: GUYANA REPRESENTATIVE EDWARD CRAVEN MADE THE FOLLOWING ARGUMENT TO THE ICJ ABOUT ISRAELI CRIMES

“Although situated far from the Middle East, Guyana has a close interest in the legality of Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territory”.

“Israel’s activities in the occupied territory, which have been brought in sharp focus by the tragic and ongoing humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza, are a matter of truly global concern,” he said.
Craven added that the occupation has “significant implications not only for the state of Palestine and the Palestinian people but for all states opposed to the acquisition of territory by force”.

Brerzerk 2024-02-22 14:33:20 

In reply to XDFIX

So the 16 or so words that I wrote above are being proven correct no?
And even for you it is not religion, it is an abomination that is using religion
as a clutch...both 'Christians' and Likud Party Jews. I doubt that since WWII
any army has so willfully killed so many children, not US in Vietnam,not Pol Pot
not Charles Taylor....

XDFIX 2024-02-22 16:17:13 

In reply to Brerzerk

I doubt that since WWII
any army has so willfully killed so many children, not US in Vietnam,not Pol Pot
not Charles Taylor....

Man, yuh joking!

And even for you it is not religion

For me, it's religion and the us or them principle!