The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Goolie is a good one

Jumpstart 2024-02-23 23:52:47 

He lil prone to brain farts but he has style and technique. Definitely one for the future

granite 2024-02-24 15:19:08 

He has lovely timing and appears to hit the ball without temper,I have looked at all the batsmen so far and Goolie is very pleasant to look at,and yes he does throw his wicket sometimes like in the first innings.

Jumpstart 2024-02-26 14:42:31 

In reply to granite

yeah.....he needs to sit down and build an innings though. no use being pretty and technically sound if you're going to throw you're wicket away. WI needs guys to score hundreds. is not like viv days when you can score 90 and 5 other dudes score 50+ and poof you end up with 400. we need ppl to score hundreds. I'd strongly suggest these guys sit down and read books. nothing lengthens the attention span like reading

granite 2024-02-27 15:39:56 

In reply to Jumpstart

Reading has been my downfall in life,I never liked it and sometimes I admire some of you blokes on this MB,some are like walking Encyclopedia,I learn from many including you.Yes, back to Goolie, really a nice looking batsman very pleasing on the eyes,but i think your assessment of him is correct.

Jumpstart 2024-02-27 15:54:22 

In reply to granite

thanks. love to watch him. has a darren bravo finish with more precision. bravo had a serious problem hitting to fielders early in his career. goolie doh have that problem at all. i really hope he scores some big runs and stakes his claim on the WI team.

i does hadda call out the misinformation some of these posters does be spreading here.