The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Canadians :Most educated, least productive

Page: previous  1
sgtdjones 4/7/24, 6:05:57 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,135 runs

In reply to CricSham

Haven’t you heard. Canada is a paradise. Downtown Toronto does not have a single homeless person or does it?

Canadian cities have homeless people as your America. Its a today's problem in most cities as we try to help such individuals.
The Supreme Court ruled that they cannot be isolated as most are mentally ill or suffer from an addiction.
In some towns Parks are designated for such individuals and Social workers, Public health care visits , dental and medical services provided.
We have shelters but most prefer not to abide by its rules. Various agencies make sure they are fed by food trucks.

Canada is not Paradise , she is a caring nation that allowed over 500,000 refugees to find a home in the Great white North in 2023.
Canada allows kids to stay with their parents and not lock them up in Cages at the Border.
Entering Canada as a refugee , qualifies one to have automatic health care , towns provide a monthly income and help in finding a home.
Canada doesn't ship them in buses to Ottawa.

Our Taxes provides us to be caring Nation.
- edited -
Slipfeeler 4/7/24, 6:43:19 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

debut: 12/22/15
7,420 runs

In reply to CricSham

Homelessness is now a prominent feature in most Northern American cities, however, unlike US where most homeless persons are actually US residents or citizens, in Canada homelessness is mostly among the large number of refugees attempting to make Canada home.
CricSham 4/7/24, 7:37:49 PM
CricSham avatar image

debut: 8/24/03
1,517 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Yeah, right. Throw all the blame on the refugees/migrants. so a lot like the US?
Slipfeeler 4/7/24, 9:28:41 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to CricSham

Can’t fight the facts my brother:

“ Gaps in housing for refugee claimants
There is no co-ordinated, funded national plan. Consequently, a disproportionate number of refugee claimants end up in emergency shelters. The City of Toronto recorded a 500 per cent increase in refugee claimants in shelters from 2021 to 2023.”
googley 4/7/24, 9:56:17 PM
googley avatar image

debut: 2/9/04
22,022 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

According to the 2023 Best Countries ranking by U.S. News, Canada is the second-best in the world overall this year, behind Switzerland”.

Despite allowing you and Barry to live there! Wow! lol
sgtdjones 4/7/24, 11:40:56 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to CricSham

When Canada population was approx. 33 million people,over the last two years Canada has accepted in

2022 ...over 500,000 immigrants/Refugees
2023....over 1 million immigrants/Refugees

Now look at the percentages of Immigrants/refugees vs Citizens
1.5 million vs 33 million .....approx 5%.

Now common sense would dictate Canada will have growing problems ,to have such additional people.
Various Provincial Governments with the Federal Government are working to address this problem.
In the next decade plus one would see a jump in the GDP as various provincial and Federal Governments receive more taxes.
Taxes will come from Homes being built ( the materials used), vehicles, infrastructure development , water and electricity, products of over an estimated 1 million homes to be built
and jobs.
Long term gains.

In 2024 another 500,000 immigrants/refugees are to be accepted.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/7/24, 11:44:28 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to googley

Despite allowing you and Barry to live there! Wow!

Barry was never allowed to live in Canada , he gained T&T citizenship after immigrating from a remote part of India.lol
He is here under a different handle.
Drapsey 4/8/24, 12:50:46 PM
Drapsey avatar image

debut: 12/26/07
33,289 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

More 'shenanigans' up north.

RBC fires female CFO Nadine Ahn over secret relationship with employee who received promotions and bigger pay

Royal Bank of Canada fired its chief financial officer after she failed to disclose a personal relationship with a colleague who reportedly received promotions and raises as a result of the connection.

Nadine Ahn's employment was terminated Friday, along with the individual with whom she'd had a relationship, though their identity was not revealed.

So, she is the big boss, whappen if she gets some? I always thought that that was one of the perks that came with such a position.
XDFIX 4/8/24, 1:33:04 PM
XDFIX avatar image

debut: 3/2/03
17,091 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Yes you should have gone! Lived in US for over 25 years before moving over to Canada and many might say that Canada is the place to be than in US or UK!

You will move to Florida for retirement I guess, Jamaica even!
Slipfeeler 4/8/24, 4:52:32 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to googley

Don’t know about Barry but dem lucky to have me big grin
velo 4/8/24, 5:08:21 PM
velo avatar image

debut: 7/29/19
3,673 runs

the weather is the only thing i can say that i like better in the us than canada overall. canada has everything that most states in the us have and a few things that are better like healthcare ,transport,
Slipfeeler 4/8/24, 8:45:25 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to XDFIX

Actually I am moving to Ghana for retirement, to join the new return home awakening within the diaspora.
big grin
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/8/24, 8:49:32 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Anyone is an improvement than barry.....he was some character.
He will appear again....razz
Slipfeeler 4/8/24, 9:38:53 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

What are his other handles? I suspected that he was using another handle when he kept accusing me and others of using different handles. When everyone knows that ever since I signed up here, I have been consistently the unofficial Jamaican PR, win, lose or draw big grinbig grin
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/8/24, 9:46:33 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

He will soon disclose himself as he has done before ...the dummy

He gave me the most handles on this site...lol
googley 4/15/24, 9:55:07 PM
googley avatar image

debut: 2/9/04
22,022 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Whats your take on this commentary?
VIX 4/23/24, 8:54:29 PM
VIX avatar image

debut: 2/7/03
16,859 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

A few decades ago, I made the decision to change his original business.

But aren't you in your 30s? You made this decision as a toddler?
Add this to your list of other amazing achievements!!
camos 4/23/24, 11:20:24 PM
camos avatar image

debut: 5/6/03
57,323 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Canada tend to have a higher standard of living than US, with an extensive genuine middle class

How do you measure that, what is your source?
WestDem 4/23/24, 11:52:09 PM
WestDem avatar image

debut: 1/21/09
59,539 runs

Just my two cents! Canada is not the problem, it’s the migrants from the Caribbean, they are too consumed in competition amongst themselves and forget to look at the big picture!

Saying and posting posting this is not normal but storyline… I lived in Canada from 91 to 95… played first division cricket for teams that won finals in both premier division, only to be laid off twice because my boss, a freaking Guyanese felt threatened. It wasn’t only cricket… it’s the competition among fellow Guyanese… Shameful!

In addition to the above, I was selected to play against the WIU23 team, we made 95, yes it’s me again with 35NO… they beat us by 7 wickets, I took two wickets and ran out the other… my BF and I are friends to this day!

Funny story to all my bullshit above, you just Love to Love!
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/24/24, 12:14:20 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to camos

Canada tend to have a higher standard of living than US, with an extensive genuine middle class

The U.S. is the largest economy in the world, with US$24.8 trillion, with Canada ranking ninth at US$2.2 trillion.
Population Canada has approx. 10% of US Population.

Several factors contribute to the higher standard of living in Canada compared to the United States, even though Canada does not have a higher total wealth (GDP). Now, we will examine them systematically: 

The HDI is a comprehensive measure that considers various aspects of a country's well-being, including life expectancy, education, and income. Canada's GDP may be slightly lower than that of the United States, but it outperforms in crucial areas such as healthcare, education, and social welfare programs, leading to a higher ranking on the HDI.
Take Canada, for example, where a universal healthcare system ensures that its citizens have access to affordable healthcare. This leads to increased life expectancy and improved overall well-being. In addition, Canada boasts a highly advanced education system, characterized by impressive enrollment rates and a strong emphasis on providing top-notch education. These factors contribute to a superior standard of living for Canadians. 

When it comes to income distribution, it's worth noting that the United States, despite having a higher GDP, experiences a higher level of income inequality in comparison to Canada. In Canada, there is a balanced distribution of income, resulting in a greater number of people being able to experience a higher standard of living. The implementation of progressive taxation policies, the establishment of robust social safety nets, and the development of a comprehensive welfare system in Canada are the reasons behind this.
As an example, Canada boasts a higher minimum wage and offers a range of comprehensive social assistance programs, including employment insurance and child benefits. These measures contribute to reducing poverty and improving the standard of living for a larger portion of the population.

Factors to consider: Additional elements like crime rates, education levels, and overall quality of life play a role in Canada's higher standard of living. Canada's consistent high rankings in global surveys on safety, education, and happiness highlight the positive social environment it offers. 
Ultimately, various factors, such as its commendable performance in healthcare and education, a more balanced income distribution, and favourable social conditions, contribute to Canada's superior standard of living. Although Canada may not surpass the United States in terms of total wealth (GDP), these factors contribute significantly to its overall well-being. These factors contribute to a more comprehensive assessment of Canadians' quality of life.

When examining the standard of living, keep in mind the importance of carefully assessing the advantages and disadvantages of these factors and taking into account the viewpoints of various stakeholders.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/24/24, 12:14:58 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to WestDem

hey Westdim

I see you are still alive...razz
Slipfeeler 4/24/24, 12:25:19 AM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Quite a balanced view and realistic comparison between US and Canada, I appreciated the read.
Page: previous  1