Lawrence Rowe

Seymour Nurse 29 tests
Seymour Nurse
imusic 4/6/24, 3:20:31 AM
imusic avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
77,888 runs

Steupes

Nobody except a Bajan would consider Nurse to even be approaching the class of Lawrence “Raggs” Rowe as a batsman

Nurse is Shamar Brooks back in the day
FanAttick 4/6/24, 3:25:23 AM
FanAttick avatar image

63,429 runs

In reply to openning

Rowe was in a class by himself. The stats do not do justice to his special talent
openning 4/6/24, 3:47:42 AM
openning avatar image

43,894 runs

In reply to imusic

Dude, it is the first time you've seen or heard anything about Seymour, so please watch Lickit and let us fans debate.
Fan, one of the reasons I have been keeping quiet on Seymour is his number of tests.
I was told about Bobby Simpson feeling sorry for him as he walked out to bat against the Aussies, and Simpson wrote in his book, that he felt sorrier for his bowlers, as Nurse's inning progressed.
Knowing that one of your favourites was Lawrence, I had to do an analysis, because I have seen Seymour bat, more than any other test player.
I remember seeing my first 1st division match in 1957 after the English tour, did not return on the second day because of the crowd and my height.
I missed the trashing that Wes Hall and his partner received from no other pair, than Everton and Seymour, I was a fan at 10 years.
All players come with talent, at the end of one playing career, you must look at the data.
Tiger is short of the GOAT by 3-4 majors, that what I am talking about, not style but performance
imusic 4/6/24, 5:26:13 AM
imusic avatar image

77,888 runs

In reply to openning

Nurse. An ole time Shamar Brooks. That is all

He wouldn’t even make an all time Barbados XI
- edited -
openning 4/6/24, 7:02:02 AM
openning avatar image

43,894 runs

In reply to imusic

Nurse. An ole time Shamar Brooks. That is all

I am not going to be carried away by your comparison, because you know better.
Shamarh Brooks is a player that a former poster, told me about at the U19 level, you know very well he is not part of my picks, not even on any Pride team.

Barbados produced three great opening batsmen;
Conrad Hunte
Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
The Great Middle orders

For anyone that asks why the greatest is not mentioned, in any world X1 the team will consist of Garfield Sobers plus ten, there is a reason why he is our first living Legend.
The three W's
Seymour Nurse is among the four best Barbados middle-order batsmen, Walcott was a batting Wicketkeeper and Si Frank was an all-rounder, so Seymour is next to his clubmate Sir Everton.
Please don't ask me about the greatest, on any cricket team it will be him and ten others.
- edited -