The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

What makes Rovman Powell a good captain

Page: previous  1
openning 4/17/24, 4:43:15 PM
openning avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
43,887 runs

In reply to Logic

You are also aware he was president of WIPA.
Bro just think or ask why he always writing evil of Barbados cricketers.
Ask the board who Jumpstart is.
Jumpstart 4/17/24, 4:48:56 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

debut: 11/30/17
9,360 runs

In reply to openning

Bro just think or ask why he always writing evil of Barbados cricketers

are cricketers such as ashley nurse, philo wallace, shai hope in test cricket, pateterson thompson, rtn, cummins etc worthy of receiving positive appraisals after their careers are over?
openning 4/17/24, 5:30:31 PM
openning avatar image

43,887 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

They reach further than 80% of us.
You actually think the people in Grenada are not proud of Devon Smith?
Jumpstart 4/17/24, 6:13:44 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,360 runs

In reply to openning

All players who didn’t achieve anything compared to Ramnarine and paled in talent
Logic 4/17/24, 7:52:19 PM
Logic avatar image

debut: 6/19/05
4,630 runs

In reply to openning

I am well aware he was WIPA rep, then President. I did say whatever the reason he was excluded it was unfortunate.

I am not to keen on the approach taken by Ramnarine as the WIPA president or on the invective from Jumpstart, the poster. But Ramnarine, the cricketer was a real talent that West Indies could have used at the time. The fact that the personalites, real and purported, of Ramnarine and Jumpstart are obnoxious wil not dissuade me from calling things as I see them
imusic 4/17/24, 7:57:54 PM
imusic avatar image

77,874 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

golf is not a major sport in trinidad hoss.

Openning considers himself something of a golfer.

Stephen Ames, from Trinidad, is arguably the best golfer from Canada, having lived there for a large portion of his life, married a woman from Calgary, has kinds that are born there, and on the PGA tour was listed as Stephen Ames (Canada)

He was once King of Calgary and extremely popular with people there.

Which seems to have upset openning no end.

Instead of embracing and celebrating the success of a Caribbean brother, he instead chooses to denigrate.

Aaahh well. To each their own cool
- edited -
Jumpstart 4/17/24, 8:01:24 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,360 runs

In reply to Logic

I am not to keen on the approach taken by Ramnarine as the WIPA president

he may have been too aggressive. but that approach was a response to the pigheadedness of the CWI presidents that he had to face. remember when teddy griffith broadcasted on every major caribbean network to "update" the caribbean on the digicel dispute which really just served to bash the players for close to half an hour, in 2005 i believe? I mean that was brinksmanship on steroids, even by the poor industrial relations climate that permeated and permeates west indies cricket. And as hindsight will tell us, that paled in comparison to the antics of the two headed monster from St Lucia and later cameron. but i agree with you, he came on a bit too strong.
- edited -
Page: previous  1