The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Food for thought about the African Continent

Page: previous  13 next 
Emir 4/22/24, 5:23:21 PM
Emir avatar image

debut: 8/9/14
17,651 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Thanks for sharing the video, it was wonderful.

A word of caution- refrain from responding to haters and losers- especially the one eediot who live in Penal, but he calls it Ontario- the one who was deported when his refugee status was rejected with the Indesh fraud.
Slipfeeler 4/22/24, 5:42:46 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

debut: 12/22/15
7,420 runs

In reply to Emir

Thanks for the heads up Emir, I am learning daily about these bags of hot air with inadequate knowledge on subject matter to really become involved in serious discussions.They are oblivious that one cannot merely use “Sound Bites”, to deflect or to argue a point. It’s about time that they learn to read and research thoroughly before trying to engage into an argument.
- edited -
Slipfeeler 4/22/24, 5:52:38 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

“How long has it been since the colonial left?”, that question is loaded with ignorance, there have been political changes but the colonials have never really left the continent of Africa, watch Dr. Arikana’s videos, she was the African Union ambassador to the US.
- edited -
Brerzerk 4/22/24, 6:04:03 PM
Brerzerk avatar image

debut: 3/16/21
10,178 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

I have decided to ignore everything you post but as Senator Bennet said to Ted Cruz 'This is too much to take'

You who post the most copied stuff on here many times claiming it as your own call published and accomplished people pseudo-intellectuals.
You who copy and post stock pics claiming them as pics you take on vacation dare to besmirch others.
You who either through vacuousness or deceit ignore the West's rape of Africa since the 14th Century as well as post-colonial.

a. When Lumumba decided to secure the wealth of his country's resources for his people he was overthrown by France, Britain and America's CIA
b. When Guinea demanded its independence from France The French destroyed its infrastructure including pouring cement down its sewer system.
That was used as a threat to other Francophone African colonies to abide by the terms the French set for independence such as depositing their net
reserves in The French Central Bank and having to negotiate it being loaned to them when needed!

c. The British in East Africa beat and maimed the local population if they did not i. plant tea and cotton instead of the crops they used to and ii if their yield
d. While Indentureship was awful it can and should never be compared to slavery which lasted for centuries did not focus primarily on the poor but took away
millions of skilled humans from a continent thus depriving it of knowledge being passed on. One cannot expect those despicable Africans who sold others to have then in those times invest
in the development of the groups from which they stole people any more than The Japanese did with the Chinese, The Huns with The Goths, The Romans with The Celts...

Your prejudice is puke worthy.
did not meet the unrealistic demands. This robbed generations after of the knowledge of growing what their ancestors did.
Slipfeeler 4/22/24, 8:33:43 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to Brerzerk

The level of bigotry, racism, and pure ignorance are out there my brother and to think that this type of medieval to plantocracy thinking is still among poor Caribbean people, makes it even more alarming. Highly educated but without intelligence is an unfortunate and dangerous combination, among some of our scholars.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/22/24, 9:31:43 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,135 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

I asked questions....no response except personal attacks...its says you have limited knowledge or only viewing one side?

It is important to engage in respectful and constructive dialogue by focusing on the merits of the argument rather than resorting to personal attacks. Considering the points and evidence provided by the individual presenting the argument can lead to a more constructive and significant conversation. It is important to consider that disregarding someone's argument based solely on personal opinions can impede intellectual development and hinder the exploration of diverse perspectives.

It is important to approach discussions with a respectful and open-minded attitude, being willing to consider different viewpoints and evaluate arguments based on their logical coherence, evidence, and reasoning. By adopting this approach, you can engage in respectful conversations that promote understanding and intellectual development. It's one of the reasons I respond to very few here, they lack comprehension.

This logical error arises when, instead of engaging with the substance of someone's argument or viewpoint, they inappropriately criticize the individual or some aspect of their identity. I always avoid engaging in debates with individuals whose viewpoints I do not hold in high regard. I carefully evaluate the credibility of the individual making the statement, as I have consistently chosen to steer clear of their influence.
Like the two posters above that I totally ignore...cool
- edited -
Slipfeeler 4/23/24, 2:46:18 AM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

It is quite obvious to us that you have no concept of the meaning of the word Debate. In order to successfully debate a topic, one has to come with some knowledge of the subject matter and by your own admission and utterances, they demonstrated that you have no information to add to the discussion. You cannot expect for me to provide you with information or answers to your questions, when there are wealth of resources available for you to read. I guess you want me to do your homework and provide you with answers to your own questions, that’s not how a debate works. Do not get me started about respect and personal attacks, when you and your buddies started by attacking African countries and their governments, in a very disrespectful, insulting, racist and arrogant manner.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/23/24, 2:55:56 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

It is quite obvious to us that you have no concept of the meaning of the word Debate.

So If one has no knowledge , they are not allowed to observe and ask questions?...Ah gat ya...amazing

Do not get me started about respect and personal attacks

Do you think I care about the above..
I have been attacked since the first day I enrolled and accused of having numerous handles...such has no effect on my life .

If asking pertinent questions to your dialogue is classified as attacking African countries ...so be it.
I find it interesting how Pan Africans classify facts or questions as racist.

I didn't expect any intelligence , so I am not disappointed , you must be another UWI grad...
Check out the Caribbean and see what leadership they show...sigh.
- edited -
VIX 4/23/24, 3:08:01 PM
VIX avatar image

debut: 2/7/03
16,859 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

I don't know what you expect from anyone who's idea of a debate is-
[google: copy: paste!] - [repeat]

There's a reason no one responds the low-value poster's never ending stream of imbecilic copy-pasted threads.
JahJah 4/23/24, 3:48:23 PM
JahJah avatar image

debut: 12/6/03
83,068 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Yu lucky STDjones nuh call you the n-word yet. Hol' tight. It coming.
Trex 4/23/24, 4:02:32 PM
Trex avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
29,156 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Motley is ten times better than Trump and Joe Biden combined.
sgtdjones 4/23/24, 4:18:34 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to JahJah

Ms Zsa Zsa

It appears that you possess the skill of reading but struggle with comprehending the content of my counterarguments to your allegations.

Again you show your ignorance by your assumptions, please tell me when I will use such derogatory prose please.cool
I was born into a multiracial family and grew up being called numerous names at school in T&T.
If asking questions classify me to be racist in your world, so be it.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/23/24, 4:31:49 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Trex

I didn't expect any intelligence , so I am not disappointed , you must be another UWI grad...

Upon observing the prevalence of a significant number of graduates assuming leadership roles in the Caribbean Islands, I made the following observations above.
Was Motley educated at UWI?
Once again, it is intriguing to observe the tendency of individuals from the Caribbean to frequently reference other countries when making arguments. 

I didn't mention Trump nor Biden as references, I am not pro American.
Slipfeeler 4/23/24, 6:21:28 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

The struggle is real my brothers not only do we as developing nations have to struggle against imperialism, multinationals and neo-colonialism. Unfortunately, we are also force to struggle against our own so-called scholars who because of an opportunity to be educated a little more that the rest of their society, their sense of self-importance is keeping them in a state of mental slavery or mental indentured servitude. When we were hoping that they should be the ones leading from the front in the struggle, instead they are arrogant, racist and lack of focus on the real issues affecting developing nations transition into developed countries. Just for those who think that any developed country has our best interest or support our transition, you are wrong, they have no such interest. India, China, Japan, Canada, etc. could not have become economic giants in the world without assistance from US and Europeans, anyone who thinks otherwise, is only fooling himself and your brilliant degrees are only valued as toilet paper.
sgtdjones 4/23/24, 8:32:24 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

I do not associate myself with the ideologies of mental enslavement, imperialism, colonialism, indentured servitude or multinational corporations.
My ancestors suffered partially , but they had a desire to advance each generation , they are the ones that deserve my success and praises , they had foresight. Education.
They suffered so today how can I have such effects, I wasn't around to experience what happened to them by Spanish and British..
My Grandfather came to Canada in the 1940's he was a goldsmith.
If I am a failure I blame myself not any system that occurred before I was born.

I attained a notable degree of accomplishment through a persistent commitment to self-improvement and the pursuit of academic excellence at esteemed universities situated in first world nations.
Furthermore, I have meticulously researched my various dissertations .
Conducted a thorough examination of the diverse range of opportunities available to me and deliberated on numerous domains in which I may achieve success.
I chose the notations described below.

Chemical Engineering: Chemical engineers deal with the design and optimization of chemical processes and the production of various chemicals and materials. They work on areas such as process design, reaction kinetics, and transport phenomena to ensure efficient and safe chemical manufacturing. Examining the challenges and barriers associated with modular engineering in chemical plants. This research could involve analyzing the regulatory constraints, safety considerations, and supply chain complexities that need to be addressed when implementing modular strategies.

Title: "Investigation of Heat Transfer Enhancement Techniques in Heat Exchangers for Improved Energy Efficiency"

Title: "Thermodynamic Analysis and Optimization of Energy Systems in Chemical Engineering"

Title: "Design and Optimization of Reactor Systems for Improved Reaction Engineering in Chemical Processes"

Can you tell me which Countries helped me .. I paid my way getting an Education winning their allotted scholarships.

I am not paid in reference to toilet paper.
- edited -
Slipfeeler 4/23/24, 9:51:40 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

We commend your achievements and have no intentions of undermining them. I know that you focused on your personal objectives but we all have acquired similar accomplishments, however the focus should now be on how do be utilize our collective accomplishments, experience and educational achievements, to advance our respective countries from undeveloped state into a developed country and how to help in improving the standard of living for our people.
BTW, obviously no disrespect to your Dad, whom I know must have endured much during those colonial years, I cannot helped but wonder, that as a Goldsmith, where did the gold come from? I hope it was not from the same Continent that you were criticizing!! big grin
- edited -
Brerzerk 4/23/24, 10:36:16 PM
Brerzerk avatar image

debut: 3/16/21
10,178 runs

sgtdjones 4/23/24, 10:41:18 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

I am not criticizing any continent...I am asking questions...

It was my great grandfather that was one of the indentured workers , his son was a goldsmith at that time records show Gold was 35 dollars US per ounce.
He bought gold and gold coins from various family inheritances that wanted to sell such.lol
Melted and crafted to what customers wanted at such time in Quebec and Ontario.
My achievements are nothing compared to some of my dozen plus cousins

Here is one

Chief Resident at Stanford University Medical Centre. ( second person in Canada to get such a scholarship)
Completed a fellowship in surgery for advanced heart failure at Stanford.
McMaster University between 2011-2013, where he also served as the Residency Program Director
Baylor/Texas Heart Institute (2013-2016), where he became the Interim Chief of the Division of Transplant and Assist Devices.
( was on team of 1,000 heart and lung transplant)
Brigham and Women's Hospital, with a faculty position at Harvard Medical School,
appointed the Surgical Director of the Heart Transplant & Assist Devices (2016-2019).
Now back in Canada

His grandparents were indentured Indians. They lived in Barrackpore . ( British Barracks and were poor). This is where such were stationed.
When they were accused of misbehavior, they were taken to the town of Penal ( Punishment)
They were cane farmers earning pennies per day , they saved and opened shops in South T&T.
Mine in Moruga ( Columbus landed here) they owned cocoa plantations and sugar plantations worked well with the Merikins.
I went to school with Merikins and we are still friends when I visit. They grow the amazing Merikins rice.
I learned so much from them.

The Colonial Marines were an all-Black unit in the British military during the War of 1812.
When the war ended, the soldiers were resettled in numerous British territories as free men, most notably in Trinidad.
In Trinidad, about seven hundred ex-Colonial Marines resettled, renaming themselves the Merikins.

See why Ignore idiots on this site by not responding...razz
- edited -
Slipfeeler 4/23/24, 11:49:56 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Very interesting and intriguing family history and pursuits, obviously the goal of each generation is the lift the other generation to a higher standard of living and independence from colonial influences. We cannot deny the overwhelming success and achievements of various West Indians in North America but the more difficult task is in the utilization of that success in helping to transform the Caribbean from underdeveloped nations into developed status and more importantly independent of neo-colonial influences. For example, I that Barbados had a long term plan to transition in developed state by 2030, which might have been railroaded due to worldwide economic conditions and national economic crises. Jamaica had similar ambitions with prolific public spending on building super highways and tolled highways across the country, excellent debt repayments practices, upgrading many facilities into modern physical infrastructure with many worldclass hotels on the North coast but high crime, extortion especially on small businesses and mismanagement have all conspired to destroy that dream. T&T and Guyana, maybe Bahamas, which has been currently plagued with crime, they might be in the best position to transition into a developed state.
sgtdjones 4/24/24, 12:42:31 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Slippy

We cannot deny the overwhelming success and achievements of various West Indians in North America but the more difficult task is in the utilization of that success in helping to transform the Caribbean from underdeveloped nations into developed status and more importantly independent of neo-colonial influences.

This will never happen in T&T, we still have the Privy Council, yet the CCJ headquarters is located in T&T.

T&T with its mineral windfall over the past 3 decades over 350 billion US dollars, today it has 5.5billion in a savings account. Money squandered.
Debt 137 Billion at high interest. It keeps borrowing to pay its debts.
No water 24/7 ..some areas for months.
Very poor roads and infrastructure.
Health care , a Children's hospital 2015 , not opened owing to political envy.
Employment in PNM strongholds since days of Eric Williams such as Laventille, Beetham Gardens, Sea lots, La Brea, Morvant, poor amenities , poverty lack of employment
It still looks as though its the 1960's and crime , its not safe to venture to such areas 24/7.
6th in Murders per capita ..closing in on 175 for 2024.
14th in Crime per capita..

In a decade cancer will rapidly increase owing to Pt Lisas. Particles in the air and on agricultural lands.
T&T closed down its sugar refineries ..could have been upgraded as Brazil and other countries are doing.
Its oil refinery shut down , Texaco designed it for 50,000 barrels per day ...some moron increased its capacity to 100,000 barrels per day.
T&T produces approx. 55,000 barrels per day of oil, why increase such refinery. Its mothballed over 8 years cost 500,000 per month .
T&T Built a Steel Mill. Moth balled for over 10 years ...

T&T bought expensive Coastal Patrol boats ...they are parked at Stauble's Bay , not working or lacks fuel.
Natural Gas it needs daily 4.4 BCFT per day ,it receives 2.4 BCFT per day , Half the plants at Pt Lisas are shut down.
It Paid 400 million for an outdate LNG Train one , no gas for it.

We have two UWI graduates as leaders of respective political parties that are clueless about Economics and Leadership.

I don't see any transition in the next decade plus , I do visit T&T every few months , I feel for its poverty bound citizens .
I am send stuff for kids hoping one may develop and lead its citizens to prosperity and happiness.
Headley 4/24/24, 2:09:47 AM
Headley avatar image

debut: 12/2/07
11,390 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

The man start a post to talk about Africa.

How and why you decide that all that information about your concerns relating to Trinidad could be relevant to Slippy post?

You must have missed the preschool class where they played, "One of these things is not like the others".
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/24/24, 3:28:13 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Headley

T&T and Guyana, maybe Bahamas, which has been currently plagued with crime, they might be in the best position to transition into a developed state.

The last line in his posting above..
You sure its me that missed that preschool class huh ?razz
It seems if one goes to UWI they can read but lack assimilation. What a tragedy.
Those women on Charlotte street huh?
- edited -
Slipfeeler 4/24/24, 3:56:25 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

That’s because you still have not learned how to end a discussion graciously, which unfortunately cannot be taught at UWI or any other University. big grin
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/24/24, 4:34:31 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,135 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

I have been relentlessly tormenting Headley for years, ever since those women on Charlotte Street decided to honor him with a statue, thanks to his nocturnal activities
as a student of UWI in T&T.....razz
Slipfeeler 4/24/24, 5:25:52 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,420 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

BTW I think someone ask about where Mya Mottley was educated, I think she attended UWI Mona Campus, Kingston, Jamaica. Part of the reason why Jamaicans like her!! Of course I am subject to be corrected.
Page: previous  13 next