The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Lords Experience, one bad…

anansi 2024-07-12 10:58:50 

….moment
Sitting there with my family (including 87 yo dad and 8 yr old daughter),
One of the loud chatty group of guys sitting behind us remarks on how “tall and big Jason Holder is. Where do the West Indies find these guys? Must be the sugar plantations.”
I turned around and stared at him in disgust, shook my head. He tried walk back his statement by saying “that” (slavery) was a bad experience.
What was shocking to me was that these guys were Asian British. They went on and on about their luxury travels, kids private schools, and what years they all attended Oxford.
I have lived in the USA for 25 years and have never been in earshot of such a racist comment or such classist vitriol.
Not sure how you guys in England deal with this crap.
My cousins husband who is white British and Tory tells me that the above kind of disgusting behavior is part of the reason Labor is back in.

sudden 2024-07-12 11:39:46 

In reply to anansi

Too bad Big Jase couldn’t have performed better

On a serious note, slavery has relegated us to the dregs of society in every other race’s eyes and sometimes even our own

PalsofMine 2024-07-12 12:10:16 

unfortunately, the whole world will soon be facing a lot more of this. Welcome to the next new world order

Logic 2024-07-12 12:40:38 

In reply to anansi

Suella's posse

Emir 2024-07-12 12:45:31 

In reply to anansi

What was shocking to me was that these guys were Asian British

Sorry you had to hear these comments. But I am shocked that you were shocked that it came from an "Asian British."

anansi 2024-07-12 14:28:24 

At least I get a full refund for today(less than 15 overs play) and tomorrow.