The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Jason Holder

SnoopDog 2024-07-19 16:23:25 

Looks woefully out of form - in all aspects of his game.

The contrast with him and Kavem at the crease is stark, to say the least.

Jumpstart 2024-07-19 16:25:54 

In reply to SnoopDog

he better stay there at the crease....in my books he's extremely close and has been extremely close to being dropped for the last 2-3 years

SnoopDog 2024-07-19 16:29:18 

In reply to Jumpstart

His head is probably still in exhibition cricket mode.

Jumpstart 2024-07-19 16:30:11 

In reply to SnoopDog

lollollol. or he still toating about not being captain

number09 2024-07-19 17:27:46 

Looks like he still to shake off lick it cricket mentality. That's the worse I have seen him.

cherri 2024-07-19 18:18:18 

In reply to Jumpstart

Please…

Jumpstart 2024-07-19 18:28:56 

In reply to cherri

from the manchild himself

It was kind of a shock. Yeah, still lost for words in regards to that, but I am not dwelling on it. I don't think it's something I should dwell on, to be fair," Holder said. "I am just trying to find ways to move on and transition back to just being a regular player

Logic 2024-07-19 20:24:02 

In reply to Jumpstart

lollollol. or he still toating about not being captain

Guy on the field clearly fighting for his team and you continue with ignorant slights and slander. How TnT could breed David Rudder and the likes of you and Imusic from the same soil. Rudder, a big Caribbean man with Caribbean pride..... and you 2 petty little islanders

And where is Pacy and the other reasonable WI loving trinis who used to be on this chat. The ones that left are not representing well

velo 2024-07-19 20:35:14 

i think he just needs to spend more time at the crease in red ball cricket the guy has a 200 in test cricket against a decent attack that is nothing to sniff at

tc1 2024-07-20 02:44:26 

In reply to Logic

My GF recently told me the Rudders originated from Bim, anf is related to her.

Jason is fighting and this may be the innings that he played well and scored big.

positiveg 2024-07-20 04:26:27 

If, and I do believe he will, Holder stays there past the first hour and unto lunch. Is a ton he gonna score eh. I expect both good batting from him and Josh.
To me he came in shaky and not like his usual self where he'll probably strike a nice cover drive 4 in the 1st over here's out there. He seemed like it was just taking a while for him to settle and we compared him to Josh who came out and settled really quickly ans I think thay may be the reason behind this thread ans some the comments on here. Holder will come good man again once be bat out the first hour he juat needs to get back into the fluency of things.

Besar 2024-07-20 07:32:27 

In reply to SnoopDog

So far he is doing the right thing. If a batsman is out of form, then try to occupy the crease as long as possible; the form would return eventually. Don't surrender your wicket, grind it out, that is what is required in test cricket.

4REALQUICKS 2024-07-20 08:13:11 

One of the commentators, might have been Nasser Hussain, said during the Lords test that he is not a number six, more like a number eight nowadays. I would agree with that. Kevin Sinclair coming in at eight is wrong, he should have been higher...that is, unless he looked out of touch in practice. Hopefully not...it is an important day, West Indies need everybody to maximize the opportunity on this track.

BeatDball 2024-07-20 10:11:47 

How many times have those balls beaten WI boys...& yet, only few want to play cut shots. Steups.

embsallie 2024-07-20 10:17:34 

Holder did not last long this morning.
Not in form at all.
That 26 was a scratchy one at best.
Assuming Sinclair gets a decent score, let's say over fifty...... if Motie has to come back next game , who would be dropped?
McKenzie?