The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CONGRATS HODGE

XDFIX 2024-07-20 03:36:20 

A CENTURY WELL MADE/A WELL MADE CENTURY!

Kavem Hodge is speaking to Sky Sports: "It feels amazing," he says. "It was a difficult place but me personally, I thought I was a little bit too aggressive [at Lord's]... I could have given myself a little bit more time. In the second innings, I went away from my process and my plans. It was just batting through the tough periods. It's not every single day that you face a guy that bowls every single guy at 90mph. We had the momentum, so it was really pleasing that we got through that period. For me, my strength in my batting is my power of concentration. I love batting for long periods. It was just a matter of waiting... [100 moment?] It was amazing! From 97, I kind of blanked out... I was just trying my best to stay in the moment. Everything was just a blur. I told Jason I was still pinching myself, even after the celebration I hadn't grasped it yet. It was still like a dream. Coming off Lord's, the group was a little bit down and [Holder] is one of the guys that always has something positive to say." He says he was watching in the stands at Kensington Oval when Holder scored his double ton against England, while studying at university. "Really happy for Alick," Hodge adds."He's so aggressive that the attention goes away from me and I can bat under the radar. We complement each other very well."