The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T 55 murders in July, 335 total National Security Hinds .Proud

sgtdjones 2024-07-23 14:22:51 

T&T 55 murders in July, 335 total National Security Minister Proud

PROUD OF MY WORK
HINDS ON HIS PERFORMANCE: What I’m satisfied with is that I give my mind, my time, my heart, and my soul....National Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds is not going anywhere.
With at least 54 murders being reported in the first 22 days of July and 335 killings for the year, there have been calls from various sectors for Hinds to step down from his post.

Those making the call argue that not enough is being done to arrest crime in this country.
Hinds was asked by the media what he thought about his performance at a news conference at the offices of the Ministry of National Security in Port of Spain yesterday.

In response, he simply said that he would not be able to rate himself, and that citizens were allowed to freely express their views.

sgtdjones 2024-07-23 14:24:55 

Hinds sleeps in his vehicle as his driver runs over citizens dogs on his way home.

Only in Paradise T&T...sigh

Boboolees abound.

DirtyDan 2024-07-23 15:28:01 

Trinis don't mind the crime stats, it only affects a certain segment of the population anyway, with the occasional spill over. All's well.

And besides, what is Mr Hinds to do to stop random killings?

doosra 2024-07-23 15:47:08 

In reply to DirtyDan

who does it affect?

data?

BeatDball 2024-07-23 16:45:46 

Alyuh swear by socishitism, so feel the pain... alyuh mudda counts! twisted

DirtyDan 2024-07-23 17:32:50 

In reply to doosra

No data. It seems like many young working class individuals, some are drug-related gangs, some are limers, others are who knows what. Regardless, they are not significant to the middle and upper classes. Everyone goes about their business with half an eye on lookout, especially the cops.

It creates opportunity for private security firms also.

DirtyDan 2024-07-23 17:40:58 

In reply to doosra

Also the fact that it seems to have always (over 40 yrs) been like this suggests there's no will by the gov't to seriously address it.

The population is also blinded by party politics and those loyalties, and does not hold any party in power accountable.

Morale is boosted by rich cultural activities and entrenched business opportunities for the folks that don't care about community.

doosra 2024-07-23 17:47:26 

In reply to DirtyDan

so now can you say which group?

i am interested in that statement

you do not have to answer, btw

i am just curious

DirtyDan 2024-07-23 18:15:14 

In reply to doosra

are you asking racial make up of murder victims?
looking past that, poor people, regardless of race, are usually left to wander in despair in most places

doosra 2024-07-23 18:20:38 

In reply to DirtyDan

I am asking you to clarify what you mean by

it only affects a certain segment of the population anyway

DirtyDan 2024-07-23 18:39:00 

In reply to doosra

poor people