The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Sinclair and Shamar out - fractured arm & flu

anthonyp 2024-07-25 16:33:46 

Sinclair done for the series... Motie passed on the mysterious flu to Shamar.

Gentle medium pacer Jordan likely to make his debut.

bolls 2024-07-25 16:40:29 

In reply to anthonyp

HOW IS DINDYAL DOING EEDIOT? LAST I HEARD HE FAILED MISERABLY IN U-19 WC AND STRUGGLING AGAINST SHITTY BOWLING OF UNDER-19 AT REGIONAL LEVEL.

NEXT SAVIOUR WORSTINDIES CRICKET.

DEDING WID LAF ON YUH FACE EEDIOT.

lollollollollol

Brerzerk 2024-07-25 16:44:23 

In reply to anthonyp

Fractured Arm not Hand? Is the fracture above the wrist and where the wristband ends? Mi buddy long said it wasn't out (above wrist) don't think he could've batted on anyhow

imusic 2024-07-25 16:54:08 

I would rather see Thorne in the XI than Jordan

We’ve seen Jordan in international cricket.

Thorne has more potential.

dayne 2024-07-25 19:25:29 

In reply to imusic

Thorne already returned home before the first Test, so Jordan might get lucky to play a Test match by just being in the right place at the right time. However, these players should be advised to wear all the pads they could when playing against bowlers bowling over 90 mph. Sinclair might have saved himself some pain if he was an arm-guard.

Chrissy 2024-07-25 19:56:16 

In reply to anthonyp
Bruk down time
Hope we Salvage some pride

velo 2024-07-25 20:07:03 

Sinclair out for south africa too?

tigga 2024-07-25 20:20:48 

SELECTA flu evil. Wonder if there is a vaccine for it?

imusic 2024-07-26 01:25:47 

In reply to dayne

Thorne already returned home before the first Test

I thought Thorne traveled with the squad as a development player?

If he really went back home BEFORE the first test, is either they feel he done develop

OR

He not worth deceloping

Either way, very curious by CWI. Not to mention secretive

tc1 2024-07-26 01:30:29 

In reply to imusic

He returned to the U19 team about more than 3 weeks, he looks tired and seems to have put on weight.

anthonyp 2024-07-26 01:40:31 

In reply to tc1

Don't know why people keep saying this... he did not gain any size that's how he is years now.

He is a big lad. As for him being tired, maybe yall watching something else because he is by far the quickest bowler in the U19 tournament... just a few days ago he had the LI batsmen ducking and running on a dead pitch.

dayne 2024-07-26 02:36:41 

In reply to imusic

Well, Thorne played in the WI warm-up game and he did not look good, the other pacer from the Academy team looked much better, Layne, so I did not know if that played into the decision of sending Thorne back to the U19 tournament.

4REALQUICKS 2024-07-26 08:15:09 

In reply to dayne

I am more concerned about how he responds, next time he faces high pace. It can do strange things to a batsman...

He has character though Sinclair, I hope to see him back asap and playing his entertaining style of cricket. Is he the finished article? No, by no means...but his batting especially, has come a long way over the past 18 months or so.

As for Isai Thorne, get used to the name. I have watched him a lot and firmly believe that he is going to be in the set up soon. Once he gets his chance, he has the tools to do the job. If he has somebody carefully work on his approach to the crease, with a gradual increase in speed and stride pattern as he nears his delivery stride, he could add even more pace to his already impressive skillset. The boy is quick and I am particularly impressed by his aggressive style, something a few of the other genuine quicks could do well to emulate.

4REALQUICKS 2024-07-26 08:18:38 

In reply to dayne

Thorne had major run-up issues in that game, he was out of rhythm.

Both Layne and Thorne are fine prospects, I expect to see much more of those young guys going forward. Layne has more control but less pace. His height and accuracy are going to cause issues for batsmen on most surfaces. I see him as something of a faster version of Jason Holder, whereas the speed and raw, aggressive style of Thorne offers something very different. Having seen plenty of both, I look forward to watching them both develop together.

Curtis 2024-07-26 12:45:53 

Give Thorne his space to hone his abundant potential.

No need to rush him. We don’t need another Alzarri model of failing to reach expected heights

velo 2024-07-26 14:10:53 

In reply to imusic

Whst is better him sitting down on the bench or him actually playing cricket

tc1 2024-07-26 14:34:53 

In reply to anthonyp

Was he always this big? he seems tired to me.

imusic 2024-07-26 14:43:02 

In reply to velo

I remember both Michael holding and Ian bishop being given test debuts very early in their respective careers.

I’m not saying Thorne is the quality of either, but he does have similar potential at a similar career stage to them.

Akeem Jordan is just another run of the mill medium pacer. We have tons of those.

We don’t have many genuinely quick bowlers. Thorne is one. Why not give him the opportunity?

Is not like we play a ton of first class cricket in the region anyway.

Leggo de yute!

Instead…..it looks like dey Leggo him from de team altogether. I wasn’t aware of that

Logic 2024-07-26 14:48:04 

In reply to tc1

You are correct on both counts. He has put on quite a bit of size recently. Cant say if its excess or just filling out. And we was def tired in the game vs Barbados after a good first spell. I believe Doosra said same . Could have been just jet lag that he then recovered from but either way under 19 tournament would be better use of his time than net bowling for the test team. He is an almost certain future test regular if he is looked after

tc1 2024-07-26 16:04:44 

In reply to Logic

Yes indeed,he is a good prospect.