The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

TKR vs Chicken Curry Warriors in POS...

Page: previous  1 2 3 4 5
sgtdjones 9/19/24, 4:03:57 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
36,924 runs

This was one of the most anticipated fixtures of the CPL 2024 league stage, and boy, it did not disappoint. Twists and turns aplenty, just have a look at ESPNcricinfo's forecaster, swinging from one side to another through the evening. Presentation shortly.
sgtdjones 9/19/24, 4:06:11 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

36,924 runs

Andre Russell is the Player of the Match for his 15-ball 36*: (only his second game but in good nick) Feels good to be back in the middle. Been struggling with an ankle injury and these guys have been doing an amazing job getting me back on the park. When you work hard, you get results. The mindset was that I know I can hit sixes and that Tim David is a six-hitter as well. Told him that we had 24 balls and we had to hit eight sixes."(Bravo's contribution) Think me being who I am today, has a lot to do with him. I used to wicketkeep, bowl and bat at 11, 10. Saw him bat for West Indies in Tests, fielding and diving, I am just happy to be part of this game. That's why it was emotional celebration, he deserved that win tonight. He helped me how to outthink the batter, be a smart bowler."

Harsh S.: "Pooran, Pollard, David, Russell, the finest big hitting quartet in franchise cricket right now."
- edited -
sgtdjones 9/19/24, 4:12:31 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

36,924 runs

....Think he'll shed a tear tonight. This one is for DJ Bravo."
sgtdjones 9/19/24, 4:20:08 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

36,924 runs

DJ Bravo: "Yeah, very emotional. I said to Bish earlier, the boys were giving me a hard time that I'd cry today. I said no, I'm a big boy, but if the ceremony went on for five more seconds, I might've (cried)." Lot of good memories over the years... Daren Bravo's last-ball six was special. We have a lot of good memories. This is one of our favourite grounds, playing for our fans right on top of us. (Tribute) It was discussed and the captain had to officially OK it or it wasn't going to be possible. He'd have to be a real wicked man to say no, no? It was a great send off. Had two of my kids here, and my son watched a game for me first time."

Winning captain Kieron Pollard: IT was a special game. One of our local icons and heroes.... we got to wear 47 and thank him (Bravo) for what he has done for Trinidad cricket and West Indies cricket. Tonight is special, getting the win for him is special. He's my best friend. We share it on and off the field. I am the Godfather to his kinds, he is the Godfather to my kids. As an allrounder, he has shown us what we can do as allrounders. The pitch wasn't conducive to strokeplay. The game was played in thirds. The powerplay was decent for both teams. We both lost wickets in the middle overs. And then we both did well in the back end. We need to see that before tomorrow's game. Iconic venue, you see a sea of red from 5 o clock in the afternoon. By the time toss happened and we took the field, it was a fantastic atmosphere."

Losing captain Shai Hope: I don't like to pinpoint the toss, but always good to chase here. We set ourselves a few runs short with the bat but commendable to take the game to the last over. (Shepherd's batting) When he's striking it well, he's tough to stop. Without his innings, we'd have been way too short. He's been out for a few games, hopefully he can bowl next time. (Bowling effort) We really fought well. Just crucial moments of the game. Don't want to pinpoint fielding and bowling effort. We had a missed chance but that's cricket. We need to fight like this. This is always a big, big, big match, always a great game coming to play here."
Page: previous  1 2 3 4 5