The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Helene makes a brief appearance in Ontario this weekend

sgtdjones 9/27/24, 7:22:59 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
37,607 runs

Helene makes a brief appearance in Ontario this weekend...

Helene could be a roadblock to what would otherwise be a spectacular fall weekend in southern Ontario.The final weekend of September will feature a wide range of conditions depending on where you are across southern Ontario.While this weekend won’t exactly feel tropical, the tropics hold the key to whether or not we will see some rain this weekend.

The northern edge of the storm will clip southern Ontario, resulting in mostly cloudy conditions with scattered showers, especially towards Lake Erie. Most of the weekend will be rain-free, but the risk of passing showers will extend as far north as the Greater Toronto Area. Temperatures this weekend will be a few degrees warmer than normal, with most places reaching into the lower 20s, but a brisk east wind will keep temperatures a couple degrees cooler near the west end of Lake Ontario. Now that we are into late September, "normal" has dipped below 20 degrees.

First full weekend of fall starts out strong
We will head into the weekend with abundant sunshine on Friday, but we will see increasing clouds late in the day, especially to the south and west of Toronto.Saturday will be mostly cloudy with scattered showers, especially across southwestern Ontario and the Niagara region, but passing showers will also reach into the Greater Toronto Area at times. However, most of the day will be rain-free and we will also see some peeks of sun, especially for areas north of the 401.

Environment Canada
- edited -
Drapsey 9/27/24, 7:41:14 PM
Drapsey avatar image

debut: 12/26/07
34,011 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Just emerged from the tail-end of Helene in my neck of the woods (Atlanta general area). All rain, rain, rain and wind.

The only damage I'm seeing is my Scotch Bonnet pepper plants have been blown over, and two strips/rails got dislodged from my deck.

Ok, I said it. My deck.
VIX 9/27/24, 9:08:07 PM
VIX avatar image

debut: 2/7/03
17,307 runs

In reply to Drapsey

lol Your Industrial mining equipment safe brah?
nick2020 9/27/24, 9:17:23 PM
nick2020 avatar image

debut: 7/2/12
28,913 runs

In reply to VIX

Insurance will take care of it lol
sgtdjones 9/28/24, 5:06:27 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

Getting the spinning forward movement of Helene as it moves North

Rain since last night.

We need dry conditions for spectacular fall scenery...especially burning bush.

Leaves will slowly change.

Burning Bush

Different colors

Not my pictures ...
sgtdjones 9/29/24, 4:11:32 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

As Helene spins south of Ontario, the last 3 days have been dismal and cloudy, with rain on occasion.
Winds gusting on occasions to 50k and unpredictable as the storm lingers over Kentucky.
Lake Erie and Lake Ontario show whitecaps hitting the shoreline.