The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

TrinidadRed Force/TKR- the end of an era

Jumpstart 9/28/24, 1:53:50 AM
Jumpstart avatar image

debut: 11/30/17
10,720 runs

4 Caribbean T20 titles
4 CPL Titles
Four visits to the Champions League, qualifying for the final one and the semifinal once.

Now it’s up to te TTCB to make sure that the rebuilding starts now
doosra 9/28/24, 2:09:43 AM
doosra avatar image

debut: 5/26/04
95,004 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

where and who are the emerging players?
voiceofreason 9/28/24, 2:21:55 AM
voiceofreason avatar image

debut: 1/20/04
89,765 runs

Writings on the wall...Man taking front...Jumping ship before it's too late... Captain the ship is sinking...Captain the seas are rough...
doosra 9/28/24, 2:28:22 AM
doosra avatar image

debut: 5/26/04
95,004 runs

In reply to voiceofreason

soon as you talk

sgtdjones 9/28/24, 3:20:33 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
37,607 runs

In reply to voiceofreason

No jumping of ship....

How can we tell young players that are emerging if we have no CWI tourneys ...

Two idiots sold the rights to the CPL for over 50 years .

CWI cannot have a local T20 tournament without permission of the CPL...

T&TCB plays T20 cricket in T&T...
WIfan26 9/28/24, 4:03:58 AM
WIfan26 avatar image

debut: 5/1/21
2,524 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

That may be true but year after year we keep seeing Terrence Hinds in the CPL who's clearly not up to any kind of standard there's really no one better???

Can you also explain why Imran Khan, Jason Mohammed etc keep getting selected in domestic competitions???
sgtdjones 9/28/24, 4:25:41 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
37,607 runs

In reply to WIfan26

WE have no CWI T20 tourneys...

You may have seen 50's...
WIForever 9/28/24, 4:43:14 AM
WIForever avatar image

debut: 6/29/10
5,155 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

TTCB have zero say in TKR.
WIForever 9/28/24, 4:44:03 AM
WIForever avatar image

debut: 6/29/10
5,155 runs

And they are shit corrupt organization which need a constitutional overhaul.
WIfan26 9/28/24, 7:55:43 AM
WIfan26 avatar image

debut: 5/1/21
2,524 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Wow so there's absolutely no T20 cricket being played in Trinidad??? That's insane how did guys become so good at it then???
Jumpstart 9/28/24, 9:32:57 AM
Jumpstart avatar image

10,720 runs

In reply to WIForever

If yuh can’t recognize the subtlety in my argument, then I can’t help you
Jumpstart 9/28/24, 9:38:47 AM
Jumpstart avatar image

10,720 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Two idiots sold the rights to the CPL for over 50 years .

Exactly. Punto Finale. People don’t understand how stupid a decision that was. The tournament was built around Gayle, Bravo, Pollard, Narine, Ramdin, Russell, Dwayne Smith and Sammy. All but three of those players have retired, and the three remaining are over 35 so they have 2-3 years left at best. Hetmeyer and Pooran have not gotten the consistency to carry the product forward.
granite 9/28/24, 10:13:52 AM
granite avatar image

debut: 11/1/13
13,900 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

I think all Trinis on this MB must stop answering people like these haters,that is all they are,stop wasting energy and time because as haters they really are not worth it.They are sad and sulky lot when we do well.
StumpCam 9/28/24, 11:58:30 AM
StumpCam avatar image

debut: 1/1/04
12,406 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

Do you really believe in your heart of hearts that CWI could have run a comparable or more successful T20 tournament than the CPL????
Keep dreaming!
Jumpstart 9/28/24, 12:54:36 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

10,720 runs

In reply to StumpCam

I didn’t say more successful. But West Indian players are not coming through in the t20 set up. The Caribbean t20/stanford is the tournament that introduced us to pollard, fletcher, Narine, badree, Russell. That is half the t20 World Cup winning sides in 2012 and 2016. We don’t have a feeder system like that now. Clearly the tournament had merits
imusic 9/28/24, 1:11:40 PM
imusic avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
78,877 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

. The Caribbean t20/stanford is the tournament that introduced us to pollard, fletcher, Narine, badree, Russell. That is half the t20 World Cup winning sides in 2012 and 2016. We don’t have a feeder system like that now. Clearly the tournament had merits

The primary goal of selling the rights to T20 cricket in the region to CPL was to stop the dominance of T&T by breaking up that Red Force squad.

The then WICBC was majorly embarrassed when commentators around the world verbally expressed their surprise, ON AIR, at how during consecutive Air Tel Champions League T20 appearances, T&T were playing good cricket in all areas of the game (batting, bowling, & fielding) against top international players in the game and asked how that could be when the WI team had consistently shown deficiencies in those same areas.

They wondered, on air, why T&T could do it but West Indies could not.

That was a major embarrassment to WICBC and they responded in typical manner.

I remember Deryck Murray once making a pitch to the board to adopt some of the methods that T&T were using and he was roundly dismissed. There are still those on this message board today who were strident in their support of that dismissive attitude from the board to Murray at the time.
- edited -
Jumpstart 9/28/24, 1:29:37 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

10,720 runs

In reply to imusic

Telling yuh. I have said numerous times that there are people in this region who do not care about West Indies cricket, they care about their territories getting exposure. Sacking Chris Gayle and breaking up the 2008/09 team is a perfect example. That is why I’ve said that funding is not the issue for the West Indies. A household doh need a million dollars to survive and neither does wi cricket need hundreds of millions of dollars to progress. What West Indies needs is mature stable leadership and use of resources

Trinidad led a boycott of the 2008 AGM which I believe the JCA followed us on on the failure to implement the Patterson report. The Patterson is a sizable document but its theme is basically very simple. That is that in order to enter the 21st century in cricket, the boards structure needed to be changed. The suggestion was that you have more directors from the business sector than those from territorial boards. The reasoning was that if you had more businesses and businessmen involved in WI cricket, the likelihood that insularity would decrease. Which island a player comes from does not affect a business’ bottom line, player performance does however
- edited -
StumpCam 9/28/24, 1:58:46 PM
StumpCam avatar image

debut: 1/1/04
12,406 runs

In reply to imusic

The primary goal of selling the rights to T20 cricket in the region to CPL was to stop the dominance of T&T by breaking up that Red Force squad.

lollollol
Best laugh of the century!
When Barbados and Guyana were dominating regional cricket you think the goal of WICB was to break them up??? Steuuuups!

You think by maintaining the status quo, these players would have settled for making peanuts in Caribbean??
- edited -
natty_forever 9/28/24, 2:04:44 PM
natty_forever avatar image

debut: 4/28/03
59,624 runs

So let me get this clear. CWI cannot run a T20 inter-island T20 league, no none nationals, without the consent of the CPL? Madness. With the Olympics coming, what the individual territories doing?
Jumpstart 9/28/24, 2:11:02 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

10,720 runs

In reply to StumpCam

barbados and guyana set players who were laughed at on the international stage. barbados has not produced a world class test cricketer since malcolm marshall made his debut in 1979(of all the batsmen who debuted after 1990 and finished their test careers with an over 40 avg , not one is bajan). guyana before shamar joseph did not produce a world class cricketer since sarwan. Also, because of trinidad's t20 success, trini players were not reliant on west indies selection to make a living. we wasn't like the fireman in antigua who played for WI part time. even if you didn't get an ipl contract, trini players were in the KFC Twenty20 Big Bash(pollard actually played in this tournament before he got an ipl contract), bpl and the t20 blast. that is what hurt CWI the most. Trinidad players could live without them
Emir 9/28/24, 2:16:34 PM
Emir avatar image

debut: 8/9/14
18,283 runs

In reply to Jumpstart, Granite, imusic:

Good Post!!! Nice points fellars.

Agreed with my friend Granite- ignore those anti Trin and racist eeditotss.

I am proud that I haven't watch a single CPL match in its entirety and I don't care who win. Imagine black and brown people jumping up for DeKock and booing an 18 years old who is one of us.

It is about WI cricket and there is too much insularity and trini hate and most of it is from one particular group.

When the WICBC/CWI sold the rights to our own cricket for 50 years, many poor souls did not realize what that meant.
- edited -
voiceofreason 9/28/24, 2:46:13 PM
voiceofreason avatar image

debut: 1/20/04
89,765 runs

In reply to imusic

I swear allyuh Trinis delusional about this T20 success boy. Well sah!