FanAttick avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
63,690 runs

XDFIX 9/28/24, 1:23:54 PM
XDFIX avatar image

debut: 3/2/03
17,802 runs

In reply to FanAttick

Everyone is sweet on Harris, I hope she lives up to the sweetness!

The Republicans by now must regret Trump!

"What can be, unburdened by what has been"
- edited -
Walco 9/28/24, 1:24:47 PM
Walco avatar image

debut: 6/22/08
13,773 runs

In reply to FanAttick

Character does not matter to the MAGA posse though. Look for Bush, Kelly and Mattis to endorse if the race stays close, but the trend is Kamala's friend right now. I would much rather be in her position in the polls than Trump's position at this point. I like how Harris is using the fact that Trump blocked the bipartisan immigration bill against him.
Fantom 9/29/24, 12:01:44 AM
Fantom avatar image

debut: 11/18/07
2,304 runs

In reply to XDFIX

What can be, unburdened by what has been

I've seen this quote from you on more than one occasion. What does this mean? What idea/message do you wish to convey?
sgtdjones 9/29/24, 3:17:24 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
37,607 runs

In reply to Fantom

The original quote is “When young children see someone who looks like them running for office they see themselves and what they can be, unburdened by what has been.”

The meaning, in the past people who looked a certain way weren’t able to achieve their dreams and be what all they could be, but the VP Harris says nowadays people can be what they dream to be without having to be burdened by racial or sexist prejudices of the past.

Kamala also said, “My mother used to—she would give us a hard time sometimes, and she would say to us, ‘I don’t know what’s wrong with you young people. You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?’ You exist in the context of all in which you live and what came before you.”
XDFIX 9/29/24, 9:12:38 PM
XDFIX avatar image

debut: 3/2/03
17,802 runs

In reply to Fantom

"What can be, unburdened by what has been" is another quote popularized and primarily used by Harris.

"A supercut of Harris repeating the quote was first shared by the Republican National Committee on social media platform Twitter, on April 30, 2023, after which it became viral."

The meaning, in the past people who looked a certain way weren’t able to achieve their dreams and be what all they could be, but the VP Harris says nowadays people can be what they dream to be without having to be burdened by racial or sexist prejudices of the past.

Sarge copy and paste the above from Reddit!

My take it doesn't make much sense - word salad at best!
- edited -