debut: 2/16/17
37,607 runs

In reply to Cardiac

Where was rain last night...rolleyes
sgtdjones 10/3/24, 3:02:39 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

Starting to drizzle, groundstaff is ready with the covers. Players are going off so we'll have a delay. Let's hope it's a passing shower. Batters would have loved to continue but they'll have to restart
Cardiac 10/3/24, 3:05:08 AM
Cardiac avatar image

debut: 8/20/09
2,659 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

It's getting heavier. I'm living the village after Providence. Heard the rain before it arrived. There will be loss of overs.
sgtdjones 10/3/24, 3:08:48 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

In reply to Cardiac

In the tropics, one can hear the rain coming...

In Canada, you don't hear it...and its cold.
- edited -
Maispwi 10/3/24, 3:13:17 AM
Maispwi avatar image

debut: 2/4/03
16,468 runs

The Warriors behind by 15 runs
shivnotout 10/3/24, 3:13:30 AM
shivnotout avatar image

debut: 11/30/09
34,631 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

bright as ever. no lights bruk down this time lol

The drizzle has gotten heavier and the players are walking off the field..

The groundstaff bring the covers on and we'll be back as soon as rain subsides.. Doesn't look a heavy shower, so this break shouldn't be that long.

For now, Warriors are 15 runs behind the DLS target.. Stay around for further updates.
Cardiac 10/3/24, 3:16:36 AM
Cardiac avatar image

debut: 8/20/09
2,659 runs

May very well be a washout. Not easing up.
sgtdjones 10/3/24, 3:48:34 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

Darren Balchand: "At the ground. Steady drizzle but seems to be easing "

Duggu: "@Harsh S - Looks like Air Hetmyer is delayed to weather and there are chances that it can rescheduled to take off on Friday"

Vaughn Duncan: "I believe the Cricket Gods are having fun. "

Abid: "If my mathematics is on point, the DLS score at the end of 13 overs is 132."

10:25pm: The covers are still firmly in place, with only the pitch and square covers on. The outfield is getting wet and there's a steady drizzle of rain. Fans have moved up the aisles for some shade. Let's hope it stops soon so we can have a proper contest, unlike last night's curtailed and unconventional match. The floodlights are shining brightly. If there's no more action, Saint Lucia Kings will earn a direct ticket to the final
sgtdjones 10/3/24, 4:11:26 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

10:56pm: And now we've started to lose overs. The rain has softened but the mopping up will take some time. The Super Sopper is making rounds

powen hiding till the results are announced...then his bravado....cool
- edited -
shivnotout 10/3/24, 4:25:41 AM
shivnotout avatar image

debut: 11/30/09
34,631 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Guyana Amazon Warriors and the defending champions lose this game as they fall short of the DLS target by 15 runs.

Hetmyer was dealing in sixes and was on the charge, however, the Warriors lost a few wickets before that and that made the chase even more difficult.

guyana vs barbados and st lucia waiting for guyana again
sgtdjones 10/3/24, 4:25:52 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

Kings go through to the final; there will be no further play as the crestfallen fans leave the stands. Saint Lucia Kings have won by 15 runs according to the DLS method

'He has used the switch-hit, a shot he rarely played before, to good effect to give Kings two shots at a maiden CPL title' Here's Deivarayan Muthu's take on Johnson Charles innovation late in his career Johnson Charles switches his T20 fortunes

The cut-off time for resumption is 11:25pm We saw a surprise yesterday with the power outage close to the cut-off time, so let's see if another one is in store for us!
sgtdjones 10/3/24, 4:36:28 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

37,607 runs

Johnson Charles, Player of the Match: It's all about being positive, having that positive intent. I have been dismissed the most by left-arm spinners but still you got to be positive and you still got to find ways to score. I am all about the positive intent and getting my team off to a great start. It's all about keeping that positive intent going. The game is evolving and you got to keep up pace. Seeing that bowlers are always studying you and always trying to keep you bogged down, it's all about staying up with the pace. I have been practicing different ways of scoring whether it's switch hit or paddle sweep off the pacers and it's going good for me. (on partnership with Faf du Plessis) We feed of each other's energy. We have different styles of play; that gives us a very good understanding and it also plays with the bowlers' minds. This means a lot; for so many years we have been trying. I believe this year is our year. I think we have a very good chance and it's our year to win this
Page: previous  1 2 3 4