CaribbeanCricket.com

The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Forums The Rum Shop
Where all the hope naysayers at

Where all the hope naysayers at

Sat, Oct 10, '26 at 8:01 AM

So many posters called him out as being incapable of scoring quickly etc dvt. Them all hiding

Sat, Oct 10, '26 at 8:06 AM

@brians_da_best wrote:

So many posters called him out as being incapable of scoring quickly etc dvt. Them all hiding

I say thank God for the naysayers; they inspired a different Shai Hope.

all now without said naysayers you guys would be defending a 49 off 80 balls and saying well did you want him to out like Hety…can’t make runs from the pavilion.

so when you kneel at the altar today, raise some praise for the naysayers. Amen.

Sat, Oct 10, '26 at 9:04 AM

I am in a unique position of being the first one here to call for him to be fast tracked into the West Indies team after seeing one or two innings from him at the regional level. I also fiercely criticized him for his 67 SR rate in ODI and further extrapolated his SR to the team score with such a below par SR and batting the high number of overs. The results did not give West Indies a chance in ODIs

I am proud that I offered the best advice to him and he took it in stride. Importantly, the weak heads see criticism as only destructive..

You go Shai...continue to improve like Johnathan Livingston Seagull.

I never for once doubted your ability.

Sat, Oct 10, '26 at 11:03 AM

@Courtesy wrote:

I am in a unique position of being the first one here to call for him to be fast tracked into the West Indies team after seeing one or two innings from him at the regional level. I also fiercely criticized him for his 67 SR rate in ODI and further extrapolated his SR to the team score with such a below par SR and batting the high number of overs. The results did not give West Indies a chance in ODIs
I am proud that I offered the best advice to him and he took it in stride. Importantly, the weak heads see criticism as only destructive..
You go Shai...continue to improve like Johnathan Livingston Seagull.
I never for once doubted your ability.

Admit you were wrong and move on hommie, the first poster to acknowledge Shai on this Mb was Commie . Shai had just made 3 tons in the regional U19 tournament (2012) while national W.I u19 team was away in Australia playing in a tournament led by KB which included Hodge, Camplell, Greaves, and Akeal .

Sat, Oct 10, '26 at 11:07 AM

@tc1 wrote:

Admit you were wrong and move on hommie, the first poster to acknowledge Shai on this Mb was Commie . Shai had just made 3 tons in the regional U19 tournament (2012) while national W.I u19 team was away in Australia playing in a tournament led by KB which included Hodge, Camplell, Greaves, and Akeal .

I dare you to post what I was wrong about?

Sat, Oct 10, '26 at 11:11 AM

@tc1 wrote:

Admit you were wrong and move on hommie, the first poster to acknowledge Shai on this Mb was Commie . Shai had just made 3 tons in the regional U19 tournament (2012) while national W.I u19 team was away in Australia playing in a tournament led by KB which included Hodge, Camplell, Greaves, and Akeal .

I WAS THE FIRST TO POST HERE THAT "SHAI HOPE SHOULD BE FAST TRACKED TO THE WEST INDIES TEAM."

Sat, Oct 10, '26 at 11:22 AM

ENJOY

Forums The Rum Shop
Where all the hope naysayers at