The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

COINCIDENCE: NARINE REPORTED BEFORE A SERIES

silver 2014-09-29 19:05:07 

In India

Emir 2014-09-29 19:15:04 

In reply to silver

Is this ruling enforceable in Internationals?

Ninetenjack 2014-09-29 19:21:48 

In reply to silver

India trying to level the playing field before the World Cup?
rolleyes

POINT 2014-10-01 14:44:40 

In reply to Ninetenjack

In my opinion , India is only the tip of the Spear. This is the Troika at its very best . As I have stated elsewhere
in this Forum , Games are also played off the Cricket Grounds .

Let me again ask all & sundry which Team had the fastest Bowlers in the World ; when it was decided to introduce into the game ; Pace Bowlers being limited to only 1 Bouncer per Over ??? Machiavellian tactics at its very best .

watchman 2014-10-01 15:29:21 

You're so right, but when will we learn? Narine is a sturdy youth with great mental strength. He has what it takes to overcome that Machiavellian effort. Without Narine, we lose. With him, India's ass is probably blistered. That's what they see and that's what they will never tolerate in their rise to the top.

Tryangle 2014-10-01 15:39:31 

It may not even be so much a "let's ban him" but "let's damage his confidence" thing at the very least, with a World Cup in the near future. Especially, with a guy who can be a match-winner.

Ewart 2014-10-01 18:10:14 

In reply to POINT

And long before that, when they could not handle the leg-spin of Alfred Valentine they brought in the rule that says any ball pitching outside leg-stump can't get you out lbw.

///

Outswinger 2014-10-01 19:24:43 

In reply to Ewart

During the 2013 series if you can call it that, they killed off Shillingford after the 2nd day of the Mumbai test(2nd). That was during the middle of the game and Shilly had taken 5 in the first innings. India were ahead but we did not have the armory to fight them after that. They stole a test they could have won outright without theft. It's almost like teefing your own money. So they have now seriously damaged the two of the three best spinners (under current regulations) that Windies have. The best that are left are Benn and Badree.

And those scared cats wont even come to Windies for a propper series.