The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

What is the big deal

Commie 2014-12-21 13:24:00 

WI have done poorly the last umpteen World cups using a tried and tested cast.

What exactly is the risk?

We were not favored to do anything.

Good luck Holder. You will need it.

Andy99 2014-12-21 13:26:45 

In reply to Commie

What is the big deal eh?

So I guess no one who utters those words should care if a player chooses when he plays for WI or plays for T20 clubs after all what is the big deal.

Commie 2014-12-21 13:30:59 

In reply to Andy99

You seem to forget that those same players push for World Cup picks because of the amt of money involved.

Lose and you still make the cash. Thats whats been happening.

again...what is the big deal.

if holder and co crash out, how different will that be from the last 4 World cups.

anandgb 2014-12-21 13:35:00 

In reply to Andy99

Haven't these same players previously opted to represent their clubs instead of playing for WI?

imusic 2014-12-21 13:37:08 

In reply to Commie

if holder and co crash out, how different will that be from the last 4 World cups.

Not even you believe that drivel

FanAttick 2014-12-21 13:39:39 

In reply to Commie

President Cameron sends early Christmas gift to Titties...something to whine over just in time for Carnival.. lol lol lol

Commie 2014-12-21 13:41:25 

In reply to imusic

Seriously.

We have been abysmal at WC for some time. We are lowly ranked and the last time we were in Aus for an odi series we got blanked.

In fact the T20 we won was the first match we had won in australia since 1997 I believe.

Where is the beef.

In the end all the wicb is doing is choosing who is going to make half a million us tax free.

Commie 2014-12-21 13:42:33 

In reply to imusic

Do you believe WI were going to be competitive?

imusic 2014-12-21 14:49:10 

In reply to Commie

Of course.

The South Africans have the label of chokers. A well earned label too

You don't see them not playing their best players do you.

Left to you they would drop DeVilliers, Amla, Steyn and co because the team doesn't perform as expected in tournaments

POINT 2014-12-21 15:23:12 

In reply to Commie

WE are going to be told that these changes are being made ; because of Budgetary
constraints . Now since we are dealing with a Private Entity , WE have no idea whether this is a Fact or Fiction .

The fact is those in the governance of Cricket REALLY DO NOT CARE whether our Teams wins or loses , just as long as there aint no changes to the current Structure . That is all they are interested in .

BTW when our Players lose matches their
MANY FRIENDS IN THE MEDIA Castigate the Players . and WE close our eyes to the Maladministration of the Worst International Cricket Board in the World ,
aka the WICB .

Its Incompetence ; Ineptness ; Stupidity ; and Arrogance knows no bounds . The sad thing is that MOST OF US bluntly refuse to tell the Emperors that they are stark naked .

cry

smuggler 2014-12-21 15:23:50 

In reply to Commie

I do not care if holder is captain. Not getting emotional over titties losing the captaincy. Not after the way they castigated Sammy.

My only problem is that they have victimised the other players and the victimised players are way better than the replacements.

POINT 2014-12-21 15:32:00 

In reply to smuggler

I am in agreement with what you have stated In order to fix this mess as I have continuously stated in this Forum , there most be a total & complete restructuring
of Cricket in the Region .

The question therefore is who will bell the cat to make our Players once again the best in the World . I can tell you right now that the current Structure of Cricket in the Region aint going to do that .

POINT 2014-12-21 15:39:07 

In reply to Commie

IT IS A BIG FREAKING DEAL !!!. WHY ???

Because WE have walked down this Path before and are going to repeat doing that over & over again .

If WE do not change the structure of Cricket in the Region ; WE are simply spinning a Top in Mud .

BTW ,it is possible that the WICB has exposed itself to Lawsuits , like I have stated , in this Forum ;there is a little thing called DUE PROCESS .

Commie 2014-12-21 15:40:39 

In reply to imusic

Interesting take.

WI have something like a 25 percent win record vs SA in odis. Yet your confidence is boundless that a group of players who in general have brought us to a number 8 ranking in that format are somehow indispensable.

My take is that if at any moment we can take a sharp break with the past, it is now.

Commie 2014-12-21 15:43:43 

In reply to smuggler

Based on what?

Your gut feeling ?

Odi head to head

If this was t20 I would get your point.

embsallie 2014-12-21 15:44:15 

In reply to Commie

Agreed.
Clean house for the New Year.
Let us start with some new blood. We have been bad for such a long time that some peeps here got accustomed to it. Same old status quo.

There will be growing pains, but since the 80's and early 90's when has there not been growing pains?

Commie 2014-12-21 15:49:16 

For itito.

Lest you all forget.

Drought ended

WI t20 win in Aus last year was their first intl win in Aus for 16 years!

The idea that we are somehow betraying some standard of excellence by dropping any of these players is a myth right up there with flying reindeers.

imusic 2014-12-21 17:22:01 

In reply to Commie

Your replacements are far and away inferior to those that they are replacing. The idea that that playing them and they will eventually produce better results is as mythical as Dottie independence

Commie 2014-12-21 17:28:19 

In reply to imusic

Yes...so not winning an intl match in Aus for 16 years shows you the superiority of the current crop.

Or..a 25 percent win record vs SA.

You might like seeing them more but until WI actually shifts direction and puts a body of evidence forward, thats just bs.

In T20, hell yes. In ODI? WI are bumping along the bottom.

POINT 2014-12-21 20:24:42 

In reply to Commie

Are you running from your Post ?? Or you suddenly came down with a bout of Writers
Cramp ??

Commie 2014-12-22 00:21:00 

In reply to POINT

WHy ?

Again..the WC is mere months away. The WICB isnt going get fixed or fix itself in that time.

And Im tired of telling you that the WICB wont be restructured unless the ICC demands it. It is the ICC which funds the WICB. Not you, or me. The WICB is a kept organisation.

openning 2014-12-22 00:23:15 

In reply to Commie

Amen

lol

Pacy 2014-12-22 09:22:54 

In reply to anandgb

Haven't these same players previously opted to represent their clubs instead of playing for WI?

Never before Hillarie sacked the players to go a different direction.

Pacy 2014-12-22 09:29:08 

In reply to Commie

WI have done poorly the last umpteen World cups using a tried and tested cast.

Then why would you want to play at all? Afterall you had been losing with the tried, tested and experienced cast.. No way the weaker team is going to succeed.

The same has clearly been seen when Sammy led WI team was exposed in the ICC Champions Trophy in SA. Until the seniors came back Sammy's team was not able to win. Go ahead and have fun killing the next bunch of Kirk and co

POINT 2014-12-22 10:20:54 

In reply to Commie

So in essence you are saying that I am barking up the wrong tree . Well I intend training my fire on both the WICB & the ICC
for the New Year .

I found it Very interesting that both the
WICB & the ICC ; WERE LEFT ON THE FREAKING SIDELINES , when the Guyana Government hauled the Guyana Cricket Board into Court .
BOTH THE WICB & the ICC WERE LEFT ON THE
FREAKING SIDELINES MUTTERING TO THEMSELVES.
POWERLESS TO DO A BLASTED THING .

Both of these Entities have always portrayed themselves as being above the Law .This is a fallacy & a Hoax that they have perpetrated on the People in this Region , and throughout the World .

In this very Forum I have stated that on 4 separate occasions the President of Pakistan has had cause to fire the Pakistan Cricket Board . On each of those occasions
The President appointed a Chairman & an AD
HOC Committee to govern Cricket in Pakistan until there was new Elections for positions
on the PCB . The ICC could not do a blasted thing .

I learnt this information through Wikipedia
when I decided to have a look at the formation of Cricket Boards . The only thing that Governments cannot do is be in control of Cricket Boards Forever .

Obviously the WICB & THE ICC NEED TO SHUT
UP REGARDING GOVERNMENTS NOT INTERFERING IN
CRICKET . That is implying that they are both above the law ; and nothing could be further from the TRUTH .

carl0002 2014-12-22 10:30:39 

In reply to POINT

So in essence you are saying that I am barking up the wrong tree .

Hold on, u only just realize that. All dem birds sh...... on u head from among the limbs neva give u a hint.

What will be interesting is to see u turning up the heat on the ICC.
That is going to be very interesting. I only hope it don't mean doubling the length of your posts and writing the bloody thing in Latin. Actually that last one might not be a bad idea.