The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Bravo and Pollard

Master_Blaster 2015-01-25 18:48:55 

do not belong on the WC squad a catch or two will not get you on the WC squad they need to make runs and they failed when given the chance..

People should be fighting for KB to be on the squad, if they want to fight. Him not being selected is a an injustice but I do not see the great "ambassadors" of WI cricket saying peep on this board.

190mph 2015-01-25 18:59:45 

In reply to Master_Blaster

I agree young kraig braithwaite ahud be goin to world cup..

Another interesting stats abt pollard they guy ave 27 in list A cricket wat a shame

Kurt 2015-01-25 19:16:51 

You seriously think KB is a limited over cricketer?

If you want someone who can stick around and stitch an inning together, go with Shiv, who at least has a 2nd gear.

As for bravo & polly, their batting is not suited for these low & slow pitches. They need a pitch where the ball comes on and not one that turns big from ball 1.

Seriously, who did make runs at the QPO this tournament?

Commie 2015-01-25 19:18:01 

In reply to Kurt

You realise this is their home pitch right.

190mph 2015-01-25 19:28:08 

In reply to Kurt
selector way gon wit shiv and kb is the best opening batman in the region

Kurt 2015-01-25 19:33:33 

In reply to Commie

Does it matter? You really see Polly making runs on that wicket? Bravo tried to do the right thing and tough it out but hit a long hop straight to the fielder.

The real point is that the wickets in the WC are going to be NOTHING like that strip. Actually, I feared Guyana because they had the spinners to best use the conditions. Turned out that one Narine was better than a Permaul, a Bishoo & a Jacobs.