The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Pollard and Simmo musse send some peeps here

Chrissy 2015-05-24 17:52:28 

to di mad house or di rum bar.
Deading wid laff!!!
Even cowlasher Smithy bat well today.

lovethegame 2015-05-24 18:06:47 

The entire West Indian contingency did well. In the award ceremony we had representation from Gayle, Russell, Bravo,(on two occasions,) and as you said,today Smith and Simmons did very well. Let us not forget Polly who also had a good season, and if it were not for "politics," Narine would be mentioned also. I'm proud of my West Indian representatives.

cherri 2015-05-24 18:52:31 

In reply to Chrissy

We West Indians were the life of the IPL, we represented, if only we could get that kind of representation for the west indies team, we would be cool, but the door ajar and we will wait to see who gine push it open and stan up and declare duh hand......

Devin 2015-05-24 19:04:51 

Indeed, as they always do when they don the maroon cap.

Chrissy 2015-05-24 19:08:40 

In reply to cherri & lovethegame

Correct is right

cricketest 2015-05-24 23:08:34 

Has getting your marquee overseas players perform at their best been one of your more pleasing achievements?

You need that from your senior players in this tournament. I have been telling the group that the bigger the game the more important it is for the senior players to stand up. You will get a couple of big performances from the younger guys but you can't expect them to be consistently good. You expect your senior players to be consistently good. Lendl Simmons and Parthiv Patel have been excellent at the top. Kieron Pollard is having his best IPL and his work ethic is terrific. His game sense has been better than before. Malinga started a bit slowly but he has put his hand up in the big games and McClenaghan has been a real find. I went really hard for him with the owners at the auction table.

Mumbai Indians coach

JahJah 2015-05-25 03:27:17 

In reply to Chrissy

to di mad house or di rum bar.

How you know? Did you meet them over a drink when Shiv sen yu deh? big grin

Cornfused 2015-05-25 09:44:51 

Somewhere during the game , an IPL fan said that they need to rename the IPL to WIPL for one season to show the contribution from the West Indies players .

Logic 2015-05-25 12:36:43 

In reply to Chrissy

Even cowlasher Smithy bat well today

Not sure why you have to be uncharitable to Smith even in praise. Smith, regardless of mediocrity at wi level, has been a top IPL performer since his involvement. He has won IPL titles with Deccan and Mumbai and a champions league title with Chennai. He did not play in the final for Deccan but was Man of the Match in the other two winning finals. It's fair to say that he has shown up in big IPL-related finals more than any other west indian player to date.