The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: ?West Indies could win ICC World T-20 in India in 2016!?

CaribbeanCricket.com 2015-08-02 09:04:57 

West Indies could win ICC’s next World T-20 tournament, to be held in India in March and April 2016, but that win would depend on many computations and selections.
I had also predicted, boasted even, during R. Allen Stanford’s 2008 T-20 tournament, that WI not only should, but would win World T-20 2012, as even by 2008, it was patently obvious that the T-20 format was best suited for our players and offered better possibilities for further WI success.
So, WI’s last international tournament win in 2012 at WT-20 in Sri Lanka did not surprise me. Oh, I have proof of that prediction too!
Also, by 2008, despite stalwarts Chris Gayle, Dwayne Bravo and Ramnaresh Sarwan, WI cricket had descended into being an international joke, with batsmen being selected to play Tests for WI without even one first-class century, while others seemed incapable of thinking through any game that lasted even one day.

Full Story

POINT 2015-08-02 10:10:51 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

That may be possible , but it would depend on who is selected in the squad . That would also depend on the salaries that the Senior Players if selected are going to get .

My take is that one of the reasons that the senior Players were thrown overboard is that the powers that be did not want to pay them the salaries
that they were accustomed getting .

So this is going to be very interesting , because WE aint likely to be going to England, in 2017 and
if the WICB next year in the twenty/20 selects a young & inexperienced Team , it is very likely that they will be coming home early .

So the ball , as they say is in the WICB's Court . One thing I know for sure , it aint going to go down lightly if next year in the Twenty / 20 Tournament Our Team takes an early exit .

If that happens , and it is unlikely that WE will be going to England in 2017 , Those in the governance of Cricket in the Region are going to be under the Microscope , hopefully that
may be a blessing in disguise .

But never ever underestimate , those
in the governance of Cricket in the Region , they are going to pull out
everything possible , to ensure that
their Structure remains the same ,and
also their Power is not diluted .

They would go to the extreme to have the Status Quo remain the same . So
ultimately time will tell how things
will unfold .

Cleg 2015-08-02 15:11:24 

Some who try to inform and enlighten are usually ostracized and victimized.

`Onry `did said` they should be working on their `skill level` instead of trips round the ground.....and was banned for 2 years.