WICB have the backing of ICC... haha

allan 2016-04-26 09:29:56 

big grin big grin big grin big grin

DWL

POINT 2016-04-26 11:07:04 

This is a classic case of the adage :

" Birds of a Feather Flock Together "

In my opinion , the ICC has lost what
little credibility it had , by the Hijacking of the majority of its profits , by England ; Australia &
India .

matchstick 2016-04-26 11:14:36 

In reply to POINT

" Birds of a Feather Flock Together "

Caricom should move to take over world cricket too!!!

allan 2016-04-26 11:49:42 

In reply to matchstick

big grin big grin big grin
They cannot even manage a single market properly and then to attempt dealing with cricketers from 15 different islands with different culture and background..

DWL

POINT 2016-04-26 21:23:53 

In reply to allan

One Unprincipled Entity supporting
another Unprincipled Entity I guess is
Funny to You , but it aint Funny to me .

The fact is that the WICBC & the other International Cricket Boards are all
Members of the cozy Entity called the International Cricket Cabal .

Pacy 2016-04-26 23:14:14 

In reply to allan

The same ICC could not touch SL / Pak when the govt interfered. ICC tries to deter the govts from getting into WI cricket but can do zilch if they do.

natty_forever 2016-04-27 09:33:48 

WICB what you really need to do is.
1. Re-institute HPC with a mandate to have one in each territory.
2. A Team tours
3. Better Playing surface

Two positives.
1. longer season
2. more pay for FC players.

POINT 2016-04-27 10:01:34 

In reply to natty_forever

I have no problem with what you have stated . ButI have absolutely no doubt the the WICBC is going to say that it has no money .

Look Our U-19 team won the World Cup
Our Women won the World Cup ; Our Men
won the World Cup . Therefore I would
like to think that Financial Sponsors
are breaking down the Doors of the WICBC .

But that to my knowledge has not happened . So then the Question is why has that not happened ???
I am sure if it had happened the WICBC would have trumpeted it already .Because they are currently being criticized by the Regional Governments regarding their Stewardship of Cricket in the Region .

POINT 2016-05-03 00:52:03 

In reply to matchstick

Your comment is exceedingly Asinine .
Look , currently 3 of our Teams won Championships in the International Cricket Arena .

That feat has never before accomplished
by any International Team . However
while WE can celebrate , It seems that
the Victories may be Phyric , since
due to the Stupidity of the WICBC , WE
are unable to capitalize on Our Players Successes because while Financial Sponsors may love to associate with Our Teams . My understanding is that Digicel has tied up the WICBC in a Gordian Knot .

So much for the people in the WICBC
having Sound Business Acumen . You aint going to hear their Friends in the Media or their Lackeys in the Region or in this Forum say a word about this .

The Supporters of the WICBC are never ever going to weigh in on this Issue.
They are probably hoping that it will blow over . I intend to shove it their faces all the time .

POINT 2016-05-03 01:20:24 

In reply to Pacy

For quite sometime I have been trying to educate people in this Forum regarding what you have stated .

The funny thing is that when the Guyana Government took the GCB to Court , all the blabbering the ICC & the WICBC
spout about Government not interfering
in Cricket . They were no where to be found .

As I have stated in this Forum several times , recently the Supreme Court in India was verbally slapping around the BCCI & the States Cricket Associations & their Counsel . The
International Cricket Council was no where to be found .

So much for the power it claims to have . The BCCI & the WICB are afflicted with the same Problems , They both refuse to undergo Structural Changes , and they also
both refuse to be Transparent & Accountable .

This is precisely why the Regional Governments writing a letter to the ICC is utter nonsense . The ICC is an
entity that is founded by the International Cricket Boards , to only look after the Interest of the International Cricket Boards .

It does not give a hoot about the fact that the WICBC's structure is 89 years old . It doesn't care how the
WICBC treats its Players . It also does not give a Damn about Integrity ; Transparency & Accountability .

This is precisely why the ICC allowed 3 of its members to hijack most of its Profits . A deed that has brought
not only worldwide condemnation ; but has forever tarnished what little prestige , the International Cricket Cabal used to enjoy .

natty_forever 2016-05-03 08:34:53 

In reply to allan... we still a baby growing, patience. In time we will get better at handling our affairs.

natty_forever 2016-05-03 08:36:33 

In reply to POINT... I guess I feel it is clear for all to see what is needed, when obviously it is not.

POINT 2016-05-03 12:00:47 

In reply to natty_forever

Look the freaking Baby that You are blabbering about is 89 freaking years old . Obviously at 89 years old No One
can be considered as being a Baby .

It seems to me that you are possibly 89 years old , so what You see has absolutely nothing to do with Reality .
Hopefully one day You will wake up from your Dream .

openning 2016-05-03 12:08:44 

In reply to POINT

Whats sponsorship are you referring to?
Digi sponsor the International teams and the IPL, a business will have to be operating thru-out the region to get involve.
Shell and KFC were the last two to have cricket played regionally, Red stripe and Caribs sponsorship games were mostly played in Jamaica or T&T.
You seem to be unaware of the small market, and businesses getting involve, putting money into regional 4-day and 50-over competition.
With winning the WC, International sponsors may come aboard when Digi contract expire

POINT 2016-05-03 13:26:59 

In reply to openning

So when is the Contract due to expire ?? 50 years from now ?? I am not being jocular or frivolous , Because as You
are well aware , People are buying Franchises for 50 years .

My take is that since the WICBC is the Steward of a Public Sport , the Public
must be informed regarding the expiration of the Digicel Contract .

I note that you have not , and cannot refute the fact that the Digicel Contract bars potential Sponsors from
becoming Financial Sponsors of the
WICBC . I still maintain that the
WICBC is populated with persons with very poor Business Acumen .