Message Board Archives

THE STANDARD OF CRICKET IN THE REGION

POINT 2016-07-23 17:59:24 

In the longer versions of the game is
definitely below what is required in
International Cricket ; and that in my
opinion is a huge Problem .

This is about the 3rd or 4th time that
I have made this observation . I have also stated that this fact is a sad reflection on the Worst International
Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka
the WICBC .

Again I must state that in the longer versions of the game requires Stamina ; both Mental & Physical ; the ability
to pace an Innings ; the ability to forge fruitful Partnerships ; also have the ability to concentrate for long periods in Batting ; Bowling & Fielding .

Unless our Players can do the above WE
are simply spinning top in mud . I am fully aware of the fact that many in
this Forum salivate when their Country
wins the Regional Tournaments ; however it should be evident to all but the Insane , that this aint helping our cause in the International
Cricket Arena .

I am also fully well aware that some in this Forum , are delighted when our
International Players consist of Players from their particular Country .
This I find very amusing , because WE
are still getting beaten by other International Teams ranked above our Team .

POINT 2016-07-23 18:08:57 

Yet despite this fact the WICBC & Regional Boards are quite satisfied
with their governance of Cricket in the Region .

In my opinion this is a big , big problem . It aptly demonstrates that
they have no real interest in making our Players & Team progress in the longer versions of the game .

They apparently have absolutely no incentive to do anything ; because they are still in power regardless of
the dismal performances of Our Players .

Let me once again state a freaking
fact . The standard of Cricket in the
Region will only improve when the
Regional Tournaments are very competitive by ALL 6 Regional Teams .

It is only by having keen competition
in the longer versions of the game
will the standard of Cricket in the
Region get better .

POINT 2016-07-24 14:00:23 

Well , Well , I am certainly not Nostradamus , but I am not surprised with what is happening in Antigua .

Current events serve to reinforce my
long held belief that in the Region ,

EVERYONE , WITHOUT EXCEPTION MUST

BE REMOVED ,ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE IN

WICBC ; AND THE REGIONAL BOARDS .

They have ALL demonstrated that they
aint up to the task that is required
to resuscitate West Indies Cricket .

I was not joking when I stated that
the standard of Cricket in the Region
in the longer versions of the game is
PISS POOR . This fact has been demonstrated over and over again .

Some in this Forum utterly refuse to understand this Fact they prefer to
have our International Team packed with their Players , that is their only concern , but like the Character
in " Alice in Wonderland " , WE are
running very fast , oblivious of the
fact that WE ARE STILL IN THE SAME
FREAKING PLACE .

thefacts 2016-07-24 14:02:17 

In reply to POINT

West Indies Test Cricket....It's Over Brother... T20 is the future... Bread, Butter, Cheese... everything...

thefacts 2016-07-24 14:03:14 

and I am not being sarcastic...

EG> all the kids i know, they don't watch Test Cricket... but they range from liking to absolute loving T20.. esp CPL.

WICFan 2016-07-24 14:06:58 

In reply to thefacts

Not surprising.

Gayle, Dw. Bravo, Russell, Narine, Pollard etc. all T/20 hired guns who the young kids want to emulate, without sounding disrespectful how many youngsters want to be the next Chandrika or Blackwood?

thefacts 2016-07-24 14:08:54 

In reply to WICFan

Yes, that too... but its just the format... in the times we live in... that instant action packed format... is quite thrilling .. and it appeals to the next generation...

These are just my observations

seko 2016-07-24 14:25:39 

West Indies problem is that the selectors pick players who have not done their due diligence and expect them to perform at the highest level. Too many players are thrust into situations that they are not prepared to handle. Big island/small island syndrome, insularity, hate, stupidity, and the quest for power are also factors responsible for our problem. Dr. Keith Mitchell and the other Caribbean leaders are right. let us change the system. The current administrators of West Indies cricket must go.

POINT 2016-07-24 22:37:09 

In reply to seko

One of the primary considerations in the selection of Players is BUDGETARY
CONSIDERATION & OR RESTRAINTS .

The WICBC really has absolutely no interest in the competitiveness of our
Players in the International Cricket Arena ; Win or lose they know they will get their pound of flesh from
the International Cricket Cabal , aka the ICC .

The International Cricket Cabal is an entity who sole interest is to ensure
that its Members remain in power in their specific Countries .

The International Cricket Cabal , has absolutely no interest in how its members interact with their Players .
Frankly I am of the belief that the
International Cricket Cabal must be
investigated by Law Courts .

The IOC & FIFA , were both investigated , so there is in my mind absolutely no reason why the International Cricket Cabal cannot undergo the same scrutiny as the IOC
& FIFA .

Surely the ICC cannot be described as a paragon of Virtue . Recently one
of its members resigned , stating that he was appalled that England ; Australia & India coerced the other members of the ICC into allowing them to take the lion's share of the ICC
profits .

Lo & Behold , this same member who decried the arrangement by England ; Australia & India , was unanimously
selected as the new Chairman of the
International Cricket Cabal .

No word yet regarding the ICC rescinding the heist organized by England ; Australia & India . The ICC is no dealing with important matters like the thickness of bats .

TheTrail 2016-07-24 22:46:41 

In reply to POINT

This is about the 3rd or 4th time that
I have made this observation . I have also stated that this fact is a sad reflection on the Worst International
Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka
the WICBC .

Do not forget you are dealing with an insular island and country culture of the Caribbean.

POINT 2016-07-25 12:20:52 

In reply to TheTrail

I am fully aware , about Insularity in the Region that in my opinion is a big
problem Politically and in Cricket .

In Regional Cricket , every year the same 2 or 3 Teams win the Regional Tournaments . There are teams that are
very strong and others that are weak .

I have consistently stated , and will not deviate from my perspective , which is that there aint going to be
any progress in the longer formats of
the game until ALL the Regional Teams
are fully competitive with each other .It is only when that happens we can get to be more competitive in the International Cricket Arena .

Obviously the keener the Teams in the Region are against each other overtime that would raise the standard in the Region to that of
other Teams ranked above our Team in the International Cricket Arena .

However the Region is saddled with
many insular People , who prefer to look at cricket from a parochial point of view , rather than a macroscopic perspective .

These are the people whose main interest is to have most of the Players from their Country in the
West Indies Team .

These People are oblivious to the fact that the current standard of
Cricket in the longer versions of the Region is not only PISS POOR , it is below the Standard of all the Teams
ranked above our Team .

The recent conclusion of the Test Match vs India has buttressed this fact . However I doubt that will dissuade those steeped in their insularity from changing their perspective . One cannot teach an Old Dog new Tricks .

openning 2016-07-25 12:40:32 

In reply to TheTrail

Do not forget you are dealing with an insular island and country culture of the Caribbean.

Fans do not select teams, fans have no say in the competitiveness of regional cricket, we support the teams we like.
The only reason it is insularity and not team support, because of Island vs island.
I am quite sure Point support SVG in the Windward Island tournament, is that insularity?

Kay 2016-07-25 12:49:31 

In reply to openning

I am quite sure Point support SVG in the Windward Island tournament, is that insularity?

Naah ... he doesn't like the reduction of their 4 day format to 2 days. Yet he wouldn't send them a sponsors' cheque to run a 4 day tournament smile

POINT 2016-07-25 14:12:59 

The Windward Islands Cricket Board like ALL the other Boards in the Region , including the WICBC is Bloated with Deadweights .

Apart from bluntly refusing to change its Structure , this is a Chronic problem in the WICBC & the Other Boards in the Region .

Rather than being lean and efficient
these Entities are filled with a lot of Deadweights , who syphon off money that really should go into raising the abysmal standard of Cricket in the Region in the longer versions of the game .

Runs 2016-07-25 16:10:45 

Test cricket is only dead in the West Indies. It is alive and well, with full stadiums around the world, thank you very much. T20 has found it's niche quite comfortably in these countries also. West Indians can continue to make excuses for their woeful returns in tests.

Ewart 2016-07-25 16:58:09 

In reply to Runs

Thank you.

cool

//

WICFan 2016-07-25 17:01:50 

Until the regional boards trim the deadwood then the rot will continue.

Why do then start the Regional Fc Tournament in November?

POINT 2016-07-25 17:37:33 

In reply to Runs

You are absolutely correct in your assessment . The problem is that the
WICBC & the Regional Boards do not want to change their Structure .

They have absolutely no incentive to do that , the Corrupt International Cricket Cabal has given them the Green Light to wreck West Indies Cricket .

The fact is that these Fat Cats are always going to get their money regardless of the fact that Our Players & Team are going to be in tier 2 .

This is why in my opinion the Regional Governments need to take the
ICC & the WICBC to Court . let them explain themselves in a Law Court .

Frankly the ICC is much more Corrupt than the IOC & FIFA . It is interesting that Our Team had the fastest Bowlers in the World when it was decided to change the Rule regarding bowling Bouncers .

The ICC suddenly decided that having long Tours should be scrapped . Its members were tired of our Players who
had no Pro or Semi Pro League in the
Region whipping ,all the other Teams .
Recently they are talking about the
thickness of bats why ?? Our Teams in the shortest version of the game have
won all the available Tournaments .

POINT 2016-07-25 17:48:07 

Just imagine , 3 members of the ICC ,
namely England ; Australia & India colluded to hijack most of the ICC profits .

Suddenly a representative from India ,
publicly stated that was unfair , He
then resigned .

THEY ALL THEN VOTED FOR THIS MAN TO

BECOME THE NEW CHAIRMAN OF THE

INTERNATIONAL CRICKET CABAL .

Since he has become the Chairman of the ICC , WE have been deafened by the silence of the hijacking of most
of the ICC Profits by England ; Australia & India .

This is precisely why Afghanistan is
coming to the Region . Cameron & Co
were & are among those who agreed to
the hijacking of most of the ICC profits by England ; Australia & India .

POINT 2016-07-27 10:55:12 

In reply to Runs

You are absolutely correct . I honest
believe that the WICBC & the Regional Boards would be happy to get rid of
the longer formats of the game .

That would mean that they can have
more money to divide among themselves .So I am of the opinion , that those
who want us to stop playing International Cricket in the longer version of the game , are aiding and abetting the WICBC in its ultimate
Goal .

The WICBC , will be willing to state
that Test Matches & ODI Matches are
becoming to expensive , so that it is
willing to stop our Players participating in the longer versions of the Game .

Perhaps this is why the WICBC is ambivalent regarding our Players & Team being relegated to tier 2 .