The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

WHY NO SHAI HOPE FOR BLACKWOOD

allan 2016-07-27 18:24:16 

come on selectors, the young man made runs .. reward his hard work

imusic 2016-07-27 18:31:09 

In reply to allan

It's wise not to drop players after the first test in a series.

Patience dude

Oilah 2016-07-27 19:44:57 

I want Shai to play but I also believe that batsmen must get a run...we shouldn't be 'pick fail drop.' When Shai gets his chance I want him to be given time to develop and produce.

yardman83 2016-07-28 02:25:05 

I really feel that this 'pick-fail-drop' method will ruin our cricketers. Unlike in other countries where there are seasoned teams with other batsmen to take the core batting responsibility, it is different for the WI in that everyone have to perform or else get dropped. I think this ruins players careers and we should revisit this asinine strategy. U won't play well under those types of pressure! You have no piece of mind to focus on the job at hand, but have to be thinking whether u will get a game next match! This is coupled with a questionable selection strategy and players who may have no long term future in the team. I say give Blackwood the series to prove his mettle and then make a decision after. I think he runs prior to now suggest that he should be given some chances. Plus it is not as if Hope has not been given chances.

Domic 2016-07-28 04:37:04 

The team needs Bowlers who can take wickets if we cannot take 10 wickets in a game how can we compete

cherri 2016-07-28 06:57:22 

In reply to yardman83

I really feel that this 'pick-fail-drop' method will ruin our cricketers......

Will you say?.......go back some years my friend........this method is one of the reasons our players are where they are......a fella fail and you drop him, bring another one and the failure of fella before is before him.......he know if he fail what awaits him, and nine times out of ten, he too fails.....and the beat goes on.........it will not ruin my friend, it has ruined.........

natty_forever 2016-07-28 08:59:39 

In reply to cherri... we here see it, hoping the selectors see it.

cricketmad 2016-07-28 10:30:02 

In reply to cherri

.........it will not ruin my friend, it has ruined.........

I couldn't agree more !

Some posters here are so insular they wish for players who are not their homies to fail ,so that they homies may be selected.

Toney 2016-07-28 15:41:44 

In reply to cricketmad

Some posters here are so insular they wish for players who are not their homies to fai,so that <b> their homies may be selected </b>

Bullshit! You are just projecting your own so-called insularity in other people .

Get a life ! You narrow-minded asshole.

twisted

cricketmad 2016-07-29 10:31:16 

In reply to Toney

Get a life ! You narrow-minded asshole.

Ok ass-wipe.

It's a bad time of the month for you I suppose .

yardman83 2016-07-29 13:06:41 

In reply to cherri

Agreed cherri. It is important for these young players to come into an environment where there are others who are performing. I think, that eases the pressure of the newcomers can settle in.Look at the Australian set-up. Most new players will come in after having established themselves at the first class level are then placed into a settled Test team. So the transition is oftentimes seamless. As you say, it is much more longstanding in the West Indian situation, probably going back since the early to mid 1990s. I saw a link on this MB which showed the players who have played in the WI team. And just by browsing the list you could see the sheer number of new recruits that have come into the team since the late 1990s. If you look at the 2000s until now it is even greater!

natty_forever 2016-07-29 13:30:14 

In reply to yardman83... and the results has been constant, yet nobody realize something wrong with this approach.

Everyone should be given a RamdinRun and if they not performing (or have not performed) over a 12 MTH PERIOD THEY NEED TO BE REPLACED.

Slipfeeler 2016-07-29 19:59:31 

In reply to allan

Shai Hope cannot bat at international or test level, he can only make runs in regional cricket, while Blackwood despite his recent poor form has already proven that he has the ability to play at the highest levels of cricket but needs consistency, with his confidence he could be one if the players to help lift WI cricket.