The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Wars

black 2016-12-29 12:39:31 

Why do we continue to have them? It's ugly, cruel, inhumane and Civilians suffer the most.

Will we ever see the day when initiators (of any war) are prosecuted for war crimes?

I know few have been prosecuted but it should be the rule, rather than the exception. Of course, one have to defend themselves against aggressive behavior, that's why I say, prosecute the aggressors.

djdrastic 2016-12-29 12:59:24 

In reply to black

Have you watched the recently released movie War Dogs ?
War is very very profitable for some.

black 2016-12-29 13:09:02 

In reply to djdrastic

I have not seen the movie but I know it's a profitable business. I guess there will never be an end.

Ridge 2016-12-29 13:42:42 

Assad is the first one on the list.
Slauthering thousands of his own people.

DAVE400 2016-12-29 13:53:37 

In reply to Ridge

Out of curiosity does Syria manufacture guns, bullets or tanks?

black 2016-12-29 13:56:44 

In reply to DAVE400

I got your point but who are starting these war?

Guns and tanks should be for defense.

Also, a lot of Dictators are rigging elections, so opponents have to use force to get them out.

bravos 2016-12-29 14:16:20 

In reply to black

As long as people believe they are of divine association and favor there would always be wars,when humans take off their 'spiritual' labels and realize we all have a basic tangible common objective then all our energies would be put toward a better world for all,but religion tells us that it's ok for blood to be spilled on the lands for the simplest of disagreements and suspicions,and it also tells us that our earthly existence is expendable,the biggest challenge that mankind faces is the shaking off the centuries of negative influence fostered by the divisiveness,tribalism and false promises,case in point that intelligent people in 2016 talking about divine land rites and prepared to murder in the name of literature.

Just look around,the Church endorsed Hitler the Warlord,prayed for him and his forces,look at Lebanon,The 6 day war,Bosnia,Ireland,Syria,'wars on Terror',Iraq etc.

When man accepts that we all have the same to lose and none are divinely favored over another only then the world can be war free,but when you can pray and ask some god for help in your war plans and bless your troops and equipment then you've actually transcended reality and dishonestly endorsed your evil disgusting actions no matter the initial trigger,when god is on your side god help us we're just stats in proxy wars of faith even among same beliefs.

Everyone looking at Russia and the US for the possible destruction of the world but I would look at Isreal,that's their land god says so and they would annihilate the whole region and beyond to protect that divine entitlement and in the process get annihilated.

Humans are quick to abandon reality to justify insanity and even use religion conveniently in this regard,when we outgrow religion as our initial moral installation then the world would be a much better place,my first experience with blood and war being the first option was at Sunday School,before that I never heard about the stuff,when man outgrows his fake imaginary friend it's only then real human life and bodies would be respected.

One only has to look at the most peaceful and progressive countries in the world where religion is nothing more than props of the past maintained in the name of tradition and art and nothing more.

The human race needs a flash over and software upgrade,for too long we've toed the line of human labeling and blood and human sacrifice being the only way,we need minds clear of superstition and false entitlement,we need to actually start respecting and uplifting the flesh,the opposite of what we've been taught,we need to start sparing thoughts for the morrow,we need to start respecting the different and stop imposing our ideals on others,we need to stop looking at others as unworthy,because fundamentally we all are only as worthy as the air we breathe.

bravos 2016-12-29 14:16:56 

In reply to Ridge

Propaganda.

black 2016-12-29 14:25:21 

In reply to bravos

Well said, but non of those things are going to end soon, so I guess we should expect perpetual wars.

bravos 2016-12-29 14:27:55 

In reply to black

Even this 'evil' 'fag' knows it..

bravos 2016-12-29 14:32:48 

In reply to black

Time for humans to realize we're on our own..and we have to collectively batten down the hatches together or die and rot right HERE.

black 2016-12-29 14:41:21 

In reply to bravos

Even this evil 'fag' knows it..

Fag yes but evil?

ProWI 2016-12-29 14:53:16 

In reply to djdrastic

War is not only profitable for some, it's a means of eliminating excesses and rejuvenating for growth.

War is human beings natural pruning instinct as do gardeners to their shrubs, even if we recoil at the thought.

War is an effort to reassemble the existing power matrix. Rivals try to reassert themselves in such efforts, some may become top-dog naturally through a combination of evolutionary forces - the right mix of resources, political stability, education and innovation.

Great Britain was once the world power over land and sea, then after WWII, the USA took over. Russia, China and other middling countries like Iran, would like to challenge the US dominance, but they don't have the right political and economic mix to do that yet. It's just not a matter of what's in the ground (natural resources), but what on the ground ( people, their health and education, infrastructure).

Obama's efforts to draw down from Afghanistan and Iraq and not to pursue engagement in Syria, was not to withdraw from war per se, but an effort to prune the US war machinery, to give it a chance for new growth, in machinery and manpower.

It was also to prepare for a more likely war with Iran, if the nuclear talks did not succeed. Equally important, it was to reinforce a shift to the Pacific, particularly China in the long-term and North Korea short-term.

China is really the challenge to US dominance. Only war will determine who will come out ahead. God forbid such an occurrence. Hopefully, not in my life time.

bravos 2016-12-29 14:59:51 

In reply to black

Sorry I meant 'evil', according to the teachings,lol..

bravos 2016-12-29 15:06:09 

In reply to ProWI

China or Russia would never have a foreign policy anything close to the US..

China is already dominant over the US,lol bruh China got the US by the balls and just let's them bray..they don't need to fire even one round from a Chinese AK,China could shut down the US tonight..

Like you said the dynamics always change and they have..bigger picture is you have to admire China for it's tolerance of the US..and you also have to look further than the battlefield,it's a big joke so help me gad..anyway gad bless America..voila all is well!!!

nick2020 2016-12-29 15:13:49 

In reply to black

Do you like everyone on this board? Myself included?

black 2016-12-29 15:18:20 

In reply to nick2020

I strongly disagree with some on this board but that doesn't mean that I want to kill them. What is your point?

People are going to have disagreements, it might even be good to have disagreements but slaughtering thousands is totally different.

black 2016-12-29 15:21:36 

In reply to bravos

China or Russia would never have a foreign policy anything close to the US..

China is already dominant over the US,lol bruh China got the US by the balls and just let's them bray..they don't need to fire even one round from a Chinese AK,China could shut down the US tonight..

Like you said the dynamics always change and they have..bigger picture is you have to admire China for it's tolerance of the US..and you also have to look further than the battlefield,it's a big joke so help me gad..anyway gad bless America..voila all is well!!!

Dude, China stands to lose just as much as the US in this relationship. It's mutually beneficial to both.

nick2020 2016-12-29 15:55:40 

In reply to black

You may be able to find a reason.

bravos 2016-12-29 15:56:24 

In reply to black

I know man,it's obvious,but everyone's prepared to face loses in W-A-R until it's over not so? Of course I know that.. Perspective maaan.. wink

nick2020 2016-12-29 16:23:45 

In reply to bravos

If a man cud come to blows with another man then why not a nation? It seems like a pretty open and shut question.

Why do we still fight wars? Because we see ourselves as different (or even better) and we do not always agree. It is that simple. Trinis doan feel like they are the same as Bajans and vice versa.

You believe Trinidad is better than Barbados.
Che believe Barbados is better than Trinidad.

That is life.

Doan worry; TUS and de Martians going show us who really better.

bravos 2016-12-29 16:50:35 

In reply to nick2020

Nope I do not believe Trinidad is better than Bim,I believe we are both better at different things and I believe if we all have mutual respect and work to a common humanity goal we will be better,I believe in one world citizenship and equal rights...I believe we havta see humans as humans and not as various labels,be it religious race nationality etc..those things should be trivial..

Wifey just cook curry duck and roti etc...going to eat some ah dat!!!

nick2020 2016-12-29 17:01:58 

In reply to bravos

Nope I do not believe Trinidad is better than Bim

Cmon bravos.

steveo 2016-12-29 17:13:10 

In reply to nick2020

Hahaha, very well done sir lol lol

bravos 2016-12-29 22:18:48 

In reply to nick2020

Better how? You cannot maintain a position on a flawed conclusion...Trinidad is more diverse and successful than Bim in many ways but Bim also excels in many others...I don't get you..

bravos 2016-12-29 22:28:07 

In reply to steveo

What he do well? Allyuh have issues yes lol...many a day I have questioned my country and continue to..you coming across kinda petty here man..if you guys used to being disingenuous I'm not ok..Nick's theory as it relates to me thinking T&T is just simply better than Bim because I'm a Trini is flawed and even embarrassing ok and an insult to my basic intelligence,beliefs and philosophies..

Me being a Trini and preferring my country over Bim has no bearing on anything..

But me believing I have some God given entitlement or blessings as a Trini can cause some problems...

black 2016-12-29 23:16:26 

In reply to bravos

They don't get it, you obviously love your Country more than any other but that doesn't mean that you think T&T and Trinis are better, nothing wrong with that.

steveo 2016-12-30 15:32:44 

In reply to bravos

What he do well? Allyuh have issues yes lol...many a day I have questioned my country and continue to..you coming across kinda petty here man..if you guys used to being disingenuous I'm not ok..Nick's theory as it relates to me thinking T&T is just simply better than Bim because I'm a Trini is flawed and even embarrassing ok and an insult to my basic intelligence,beliefs and philosophies..

Me being a Trini and preferring my country over Bim has no bearing on anything..

But me believing I have some God given entitlement or blessings as a Trini can cause some problems...

Enjoy the holidays bro lol lol lol

bravos 2016-12-30 20:41:42 

In reply to steveo

I am! cool

XFactor 2016-12-30 21:49:33 

In reply to black

Wars - Why do we continue to have them?

We seek Peace through Wars.