Steveo et al

Dukes 2017-01-04 06:58:33 

Link Text

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

camos 2017-01-04 08:04:09 

funny! lol

steveo 2017-01-04 11:53:21 

In reply to Dukes

Listen sterner stuff, is the PPP engaging in commercial activity with the land in question? Are they profiting from it?

Where was your outrage when the current govt constructed a 1.3b disposable stadium?

Dukes 2017-01-04 16:37:10 

In reply to steveo

Why do you always point to some perceived malfeasance by the current govt whenever you seemingly have no defense for the indefensible?

I have long since given up on the current crowd from the time they gave themselves massive raises and seemingly decided that as they are unlikely to win again, to start looking after themselves at the country's expense.
On the other hand you only see crookedness in them and excuse the blatant teefing and corruption of the former govt.
I run a non-profit organization so according to your logic it would be fine if the current govt gave me a 99 year lease to a modest building on state land for $100 Guyana dollars a month as long as I am not engaging in commercial activity.

steveo 2017-01-04 17:37:40 

In reply to Dukes

If its for a public good, why not? State land is not granger land, its the peoples land; if u are doing something non-profit, for the benefit of the public, you should be able to lease the land at a reduced rate. If not the law needs to be ammended because its counter productive.

Curtis 2017-01-04 20:58:55 

Desmond Hoyte museum opens - would like to see rental costs etc

is this the old museum that got a re-name?

lol lol

steveo 2017-01-04 21:10:33 

In reply to Curtis

That minister in the picture there, of "Social Protection", she was the one throwing bottles right??

Aside that, Hoyte was a fair president, deserved.

runout 2017-01-04 21:25:04 

In reply to steveo

I never see so many ministers with portfolios but witout a job.

The woman was throwing the bottle to check the fragility of the cohesiveness. It was only a test.

I mean what the heck is social cohesion? Evo-stick Minister?
the place is more divided than ever, and these 'ministers' lack professionalism...if you don't believe me, look at their behavior in and out of parliament. It is so ridiculous, you often wonder if the cupboard is that bare. razz razz

runout 2017-01-04 22:24:09 

Didn't Jagdeo give Burnham's daughter free land too...and she turned around and promptly sold it for $200 million dollars? Before doing the lease for $1,000 he should have just given the property to the non-profit.
Stupid move BJ...no one is complaining of Burnham's daughter windfall. Go figure!!!

steveo 2017-01-04 22:35:15 

In reply to runout

These Christians do not subscribe to the "take the plank out of your eye" philosophy

SnoopDog 2017-01-05 10:42:59 

In reply to Dr. Assumption

What about all the public lands that were stolen by Burnham and his henchmen during his 28 years reign of terror? Jagan could have gone after and try to recover all of it but he didn't. He chose reconciliation instead of petty vindictiveness.

Didn't Viola Burnham sell public property and took the proceeds of sale all for her self and her criminal family?

runout 2017-01-05 22:45:32 

what is very surprising, or not so much so, is the deafening silence of the AFC-ites, primarily NAGA-moto and Ramjattan...the architects of the the current administration.
Seems like these guys are either shell-shocked, or suffering from PTSD...they are conspicuously absent from the public domain.

Norm 2017-01-05 23:15:17 

In reply to Dukes

Typical backward Guyana gutter politics.

The ruling party could have consolidated its support in the opposition camp - the swing votes that helped it to a surprise victory in the last elections - by showing due respect publicly for Jagan, the opposition icon.

Instead, they continue the Guyana (and Caribbean) tradition of turning up their noses at a prominent public figure, because of political or social alliance. We do not respect our own - but expect others to respect us. Nice.

This neo-PNC lot (I can't remember the new acronym) is trying hard to match the crabdog mentality of those they replaced. Tit for tat is fair enough, they may think.

Trouble is, the neo-PNC cannot win an election in Guyana if they cannot differentiate themselves morally from either the PPP (Jagan's party and current opposition) or the old PNC. The PPP strategists are probably enjoying this!

Dukes 2017-01-06 05:39:23 

Link Text

I tend to agree with most of the points made in this editorial.

Dukes 2017-01-06 05:45:42 

In reply to Norm

I still have respect for Granger but feel he needs to free himself from the old guard PNC hacks.However after more than19 months in office it might be too late for his administration to attract people with competence and integrity from the diaspora or the few that are in Guyana.

The motto seems to be that the PPP teef fuh 23 years (some say since Cheddi shut his eye) and since we only gat 5 years fuh teef leh we mek each day count.

Elsie 2017-01-06 08:42:07 

In reply to Dukes

You know something...I read that editorial since yesterday. And my first reaction was that politicians should know how to pick their battles…

Okay, maybe acquiring the Red House was done underhand by the PPP when they were in Power.

But why go after something that is named after Cheddi Jagan? A well respected Caribbean Leader...

The editorial claims that the PPP administration leased over 25 State owned properties to their friends and family..... Has the current government tried to reclaim any of those properties with the same public haste as they are currently doing with Red House??

Surely some of those other properties must be worth more than the Red House.

The whole thing smacks of vindictiveness on the part of the APNU-AFC.

When you come in to power as a coalition; the primary objective should be about healing the nation.

You don’t go after something that symbolizes Cheddi Jagan. Whether it was illegally acquired or not.

Jagan is not illegal.

This current PPP does not seem to have a good relationship with the living Jagans. There was an article in another newspaper where Joey Jagan was quoted as saying that he was never invited to or asked to provide any input into his father’s legacy that’s on display at the Center..

All of the vigils and commotion that’s playing out nightly outside the building is just political gamesmanship, from both sides. But when we are dealing with an uninformed Guyanese public; the PPP will win this one..

That’s my take…

SnoopDog 2017-01-06 10:20:03 

In reply to Dukes

I still have respect for Granger

On what basis? That he's black? That he's a PNC loyalist? That he rigged elections for Burnham when he was a low level functionary in the army?

It's a trick question. lol

SnoopDog 2017-01-06 10:36:22 

In reply to runout

what is very surprising, or not so much so, is the deafening silence of the AFC-ites, primarily NAGA-moto and Ramjattan...the architects of the the current administration.
Seems like these guys are either shell-shocked, or suffering from PTSD...they are conspicuously absent from the public domain.

Dem boys enjoying the good life. They know they only have a few more years of high living. Better they shut up, enjoy the perks, collect as much as they can get and call it a day come 2020. wink

Dukes 2017-01-06 12:13:18 

In reply to SnoopDog

So, have you stopped beating your wife?

lol lol lol lol lol

SnoopDog 2017-01-06 12:19:09 

In reply to Dukes

I'm beating yours. lol

Dukes 2017-01-06 12:36:48 

In reply to SnoopDog

I think the best anger management for you would be if you attended a penis enlargement workshop.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

steveo 2017-01-06 12:46:14 

In reply to Dukes

I think the best anger management for you would be if you attended a penis enlargement workshop.

Tell us more about your intimate knowledge of Snoops penis lol lol lol

Kay 2017-01-06 12:48:51 

In reply to steveo

Like Doc also did an SPE....smile

SnoopDog 2017-01-06 12:50:02 

In reply to Dukes

penis enlargement workshop.

It might not be 10inches but your wife isn't complaining. lol

Runs 2017-01-06 13:02:24 

Doc bin GT and like them boys run him out lol

runout 2017-01-06 15:41:16 

In reply to Runs
Bro, they say mouthar is very different from guitar...hence them bais strumming from far.

No one wants to face the fire...but they will tell you how nice it is.