The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Russian treachery is extreme ........

ProWI 2017-01-07 19:36:11 

........ and it is everywhere.

And, accumulating some useful idiots across a broad spectrum.

birdseye 2017-01-07 21:35:00 

In reply to ProWI

Nick Cohen paints a very ominous picture of how hatred can blind you ---

Local hatreds, not national security, moved them. They hated Obama more than they feared Putin.

Even connoisseurs of the grotesque have had to take a deep breath and count to 10 after watching the Republican president-elect of the United States preferring the word of Julian Assange to the word of his own intelligence agencies. That Assange is cowering from rape charges in the basement of the Ecuadorian embassy, and maintaining that the same United States would persecute him if he emerged to face his accusers like an honourable man, only made the task of regaining your composure harder.

steveo 2017-01-07 21:50:29 

Russia is treacherous for having an objective view on the US via RT; and for supposedly hacking the DNC to reveal non-democratic behaviour....

The US is righteous for planting actual fcuking missiles around Russia...

Albert Einstein said that only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity and he is not so sure about the universe.

Commie 2017-01-07 22:05:20 

President elect tweets big grin

Khaga 2017-01-08 00:48:45 

In reply to steveo

The US shamelessly snooped on Angela Merkel's phone conversations..when they shoe is allegedly on the other foot though..

steveo 2017-01-08 00:53:57 

In reply to Khaga

If i can remember correctly, they had a plant in eu top level meetings also...

ProWI 2017-01-08 04:36:25 

In reply to Commie

I thought, I previously made you aware of who Tyler Durden is or is not.

BTW, I take nothing that Trump says seriously anymore, on the priviso, that I view his comments through the lens of a man beholden to Putin.

I have to believe that the powers that be in the US intelligence community are aware that Putin has something on Trump, however they can't push such an assessment into the wider political arena for obvious reasons.

Secondly, the Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnel wing of the Republican Party are aware of this, and will use it and use Trump to push their longstanding Right-wing agenda, until that time where Trump is no longer useful to them, or becomes a danger to the state, wherefore they can always remove Trump and install Pence.

Trump knew all along how the Russia were aiding his presidential run, but was still surprised that he won. Now, that he's president-elect and will soon occupy the office, he will never admit what occurred for obvious reasons. No matter what he says, his presidency is tainted from the start and will always be viewed that way.

ProWI 2017-01-08 04:47:28 

In reply to steveo

All nations spy on each other. What is so surprising about that? It's why they all have intelligence agencies

I don't know for what purpose both you and Khaga are bringing up these issues. It's just aiming to deflect from the issue at hand, where Putin has been caught red handed and, for the first time in its history, a US president has been installed with the direct aid of a foreign power.

Many in America are shocked by that, but some in the Republican Party are prepared to go along with it, as long as it suits their purpose and help them to achieve their goal of getting rid of the social safety net, which has been associated with the Democratic Party.

birdseye 2017-01-08 08:12:19 

In reply to Khaga

The US shamelessly snooped on Angela Merkel's phone conversations..when they shoe is allegedly on the other foot though..
And to who did they give the information for global broadcast again – I forgot

DAVE400 2017-01-08 09:54:50 

In reply to steveo

love that quote.