The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Why Didn't The PNP Govt Support This

Headley 2017-01-30 07:09:17 

Government use of unclaimed funds in dormant accounts at financial institutions is not uncommon in other jurisdictions.

“What I proposed to the previous Government, and am proposing to this one as well is that the Government uses the funds in dormant accounts before the banks deplete them, and put them to finance the micro and social sectors,” he explained.

Observer states that data received from the Ministry of Finance and Planning show that a little in excess of $30 billion has been reported since 2006 as unclaimed funds in a total of 12 financial institutions and insurance companies

Sometimes in my disappointment I wonder if the PNP understands what it takes to help poor people as opposed to loving them and providing handouts.

Headley 2017-01-31 14:42:11 

I know this is a little abstract and not salacious. big grin

But if you have a bank account in any Caribbean country the rampant fees and charges should be of interest.

This is a previous minister of government having to admit that his colleagues in cabinet had no interest in tackling the banks. Can you imagine the USD millions the banks milk from inactive accounts?

Headley 2017-02-01 04:57:44 

The banks are concerned about you. big grin big grin big grin