The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Insights from Tarek Fatah

nickoutr 2017-02-08 20:04:12 

Link Text

Rastaman 2017-02-09 10:07:13 

In reply to nickoutr

I have mixed feelings about Fatah's view. Sometimes parents (and family members) are just as culpable as the kid who grows up to be a menace to society. The tree was not straightened out before its roots takes firm hold in the ground and so it is a vain effort any attempt to make the correction when the tree developed rigid roots. At the same time, I've seen some menaces obtain from well-grounded and well-to-do families that one has to marvel as to what could have gone wrong in such situations. I guess sometimes even when the tree gets straightened out early, a strong breeze comes and blows it over or a stray animal comes along and mows it down.

Drapsey 2017-02-09 10:59:56 

In reply to nickoutr

First, the order does not exclude Muslims from all 57 Islamic nations from entering the U.S. It applies only to Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen, for 90 days.

Muslims from countries such as Indonesia, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan remain unaffected.

Reading the second line one would think Muslims are not in India too. Anyway, I think the author is saying that if the ban doesn't affect him (or his countrymen) directly, then it's not a 'bad' ban.

Maybe he should be reminded of the following quote...

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” MLK.