The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Sewell' action looks a bit iffy to me

Toney 2017-02-09 18:46:23 

Would like to see him from side on before I say he is flinging.

openning 2017-02-09 18:49:10 

In reply to Toney

He is worst than Shillingford

sudden 2017-02-09 18:53:31 

In reply to openning

Pelting big time?

TheTrail 2017-02-09 18:54:44 

In reply to openning

Damn, you beat me to it...that is some blatant pelting...

That should be easy for the square leg umpire to call this guy.

Toney 2017-02-09 19:03:23 

In reply to openning

I phucking detest flingers ; they should not be allowed to sabotage the career of aspiring young batsmen.

archangel 2017-02-09 19:14:08 

I haven't seen the player you are all talking about but if there is any credence to what is being said here, the question I want to ask is, what are our coaches doing? One of the responsibilities of a coach is to make sure players are playing within the rules of the game. If I were a coach I would be embarrassed to know that a players who flings is playing under my watch.

Kay 2017-02-09 19:43:51 

In reply to archangel

You should first ask what are our umpires doing whose responsibility it is to call out these players ... not the coaches. Coaches can only deal with the matter if the people in charge in the middle first point it out.

archangel 2017-02-09 19:50:31 

In reply to Kay

Wait, are you saying the coaches would not know?

I hope that is not what you are saying because that would be the problem that you can only see the infringement when it is on display under the big lights.

As a person who used to coach cricket to youngsters, my job is to make sure bowlers' action are legal. If it infringes the rules, that player not playing for my team.

NYCGURU 2017-02-09 19:59:12 

In reply to archangel

Because of the regional nature of things related to cricket,is it possible that umpires are afraid or reluctant to call out chuckers from other regions,because of the possible backlash. If that plays a role, it is very sad.

Kay 2017-02-09 20:13:01 

In reply to archangel

If it infringes the rules that player not playing for my team.

That's the job the officials in the middle and the point I am making.... they have to first enforce the rule by calling the pelter out

Blackbird 2017-02-09 20:16:17 

In reply to Toney Just put nine green bottles on a wall

Maispwi 2017-02-09 20:31:26 

In reply to Kay

De umpires cyah call anybody, dey can only report suspect actions and video evidence of the offending deliveries must be provided for it to be official. With a one camera scenario, dat is impossible.

CWI must provide the environment for the umpires to do dere jobs properly.

In de past when umpires have reported players the Board has kept de names secret

ducks 2017-02-09 20:32:55 

In reply to Kay

no no no!!! The coaches and selectors should have taken care of this long before it reaches the upms. any team which sends a pelter to battle is in fact cheating. These comments are general and has nothing to do with this specific bowler as i have not had an oppertunity to observe him or maybe do not even have the ability to judge the legality of his action

archangel 2017-02-09 20:43:44 

In reply to ducks

I don't know what Kay is saying.

It should never have to come to the umpires. It is the coaches that prepare the team that should catch that.

If a bowler on my team is pelting, as a coach I would be embarrassed. It means that I did not teach/coach my player the rudiments of the game.