The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Voter Fraud 8-Year Sentence

Drapsey 2017-02-11 09:58:08 

AUSTIN, Texas
A lawyer for a Mexican national sentenced to eight years in prison for voter fraud in Texas said that President Donald Trump's widely debunked claims of election rigging was "the 800-pound gorilla" in the jury box.

Story...

Her attorney, Clark Birdsall, said Friday that Ortega was a permanent resident who was brought to the U.S. as a baby and mistakenly thought she was eligible to vote. He said she voted Republican, including for Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, whose office helped prosecute her.

Nitro, I sincerely hope your voting for Trump and the Republicans don't come back to haunt you like it has done for the subject in the linked story.

black 2017-02-11 10:05:26 

In reply to Drapsey

I heard about this a few days ago.

Drapsey 2017-02-11 10:10:56 

In reply to black

Now, after serving her prison sentence she'll be deported. That's how we get rid of those illegal immigrant criminals, and will go a far way to restore Americas safety if not greatness!

black 2017-02-11 10:39:53 

In reply to Drapsey

The Attorney General is crooked too, he is going to need legal representation soon. lol

birdseye 2017-02-11 10:50:14 

In reply to Drapsey

We shall deem a verdict absurd when we contrast it with the verdict the facts apparently dictated…. so say Albert Camus in the myth of sisyphus circa 1955....
i guess philosophy is timeless and Ubiquitously relevant wink wink