The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Kohli faults batsmen not pitch

Narper 2017-02-25 10:54:45 

Lowest match total for two all-out innings in India.

Quickest end to two all-out innings in India.

India's fourth-lowest match total.

The third-quickest they have taken to be bowled out.

If India asked for this pitch, they have been hoisted by their own petard. India's captain Virat Kohli, though, insisted that he had not asked for this pitch, saw nothing wrong with the pitch, and pulled himself and his fellow batsmen up for capitulating for a total of 212 runs in 74 overs.

Asked if he or his team had asked for this pitch at a ground with a reputation for flat hard surfaces, Kohli said: "I don't know. I didn't speak to anyone."

"We played good cricket, that's why we won. We played bad cricket, and that's why we lost. That's how simply we look at this defeat. We just want to take the learnings forward, improve and come back stronger in the next game. I can assure you that we are going to come back with more intent for sure, and put Australia under pressure straight from ball one."

"The last time we had a performance like this [in Galle, against Sri Lanka], we had the most outstanding run after that," Kohli said. "I would say that we needed something like this for us to get a reality check and understand what are the things we need to work on and keep persisting with it. Not take anything for granted at any stage, especially at the Test-match level."

link

shivnotout 2017-02-26 07:22:12 

In reply to Narper

if you drop five chances of one batsman, then you certainly don't deserve to win. If you get bowled out within 11 runs and lose seven wickets, you don't deserve to win a Test match.

shivnotout 2017-02-26 07:23:15 

"You can speak about combinations... I'm sure you wouldn't have asked this question had we won the game. The question changes drastically when you win or lose.
lol