The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CPL 2017: The Strongest Teams on Paper..

sunfish 2017-03-13 20:22:09 

..T&T KK and SLU Stars and SK&N Patriots. Talawahs batting looks weak, don't expect them to get far...

jen 2017-03-13 22:38:18 

In reply to sunfish

Nevis opening and lower order will have to power them, the middle order very thin.

St. Lucia have a better middle order this year, its usually what let them down. Charles and fletcher is solid at the top, no worries there.

Guyana have a good top 5. Guptil, Walton, Taylor, Lynn, Mohammed is very good in CPL, don't under estimate.

Trinidad have an all round team, form of the top order players will be their main worry.

Barbados getting Dwayne Smith and Kane Williamson is a big boost. Both of them may open with Shoaib 3, pooran 4, pollard 5. That's an excellent top 5 for T20.

Jamaica, the loss of Russell will really hurt them. Lendl simmons and Pope at the top will help to ease the loss of Gayle a bit (I said a bit) but Ravman Powell is no Andre Russell. That's a massive loss. Russell many time bring Tallawah outta a volcano hole and send them on top the clouds. Shakib, Sangakkara is a steady middle order. Their bowling line up is excellent. Santokie, Williams, Wasim, Shakib, Mathurin, Sami. Some very good T20 bowlers there.

No team looks a standout favorite to me. Should be a good CPL.

timeless99 2017-03-14 07:15:42 

The star's got the best team a middle order of samuels watson and Miller

tops 2017-03-14 10:24:47 

In reply to jen
"No team looks a standout favorite"
A so me see it too.

Wasp 2017-03-15 20:49:20 

Stars sold Gideon Pope to tallawahs with the promise that he would start. Base on the agreement I understood that he must play a certain amount of games.

timeless99 2017-03-16 05:24:58 

Pope was not retained by the stars and his payday at the jt is much higher than what he got at the stars and with the batting available to the stars it did not worth retaining Pope.