The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

How come no discussion on these crappy wickets?

bobby 2017-03-19 16:44:25 

The WICBandits should be held accountable for these poor wickets. But of course they are accountable to no one.

voiceofreason 2017-03-19 16:49:19 

In reply to bobby

Add poor coverage to the list of issues. evil

Narper 2017-03-19 17:10:40 

Why bawl and bawl about the same things over and over...there are some things we the fans cannot change....and even the powers that be in the regional governments cannot change

WICB and Cameron are large and in charge....UNTOUCHABLE

I will bawl sometimes....but let me follow the game at other times

Sometimes the cricket game must trump cricket politics

bobby 2017-03-19 17:11:28 

But only players get curse. If the match at Sabina was an international one the plug would have been pulled.

Narper 2017-03-19 17:13:53 

In reply to bobby

But only players get curse

In this particular match point me to where the players are getting cussed

mikesiva 2017-03-19 17:16:39 

In reply to bobby

Are you sure the wicket is that bad? Could our poor batsmen be making it look worse than it really is?

The pitch will be much better when the CPL comes around. I will bet you that.

tops 2017-03-19 17:24:33 

In reply to bobby
Or The WICBandits should hold those accountable (i.e the local board) for these poor wickets. But of course, they are bad managers and, perhaps, don't know what accountability is.

bobby 2017-03-19 17:27:32 

In reply to Narper
Players always get blamed for everything. That is the norm.

bobby 2017-03-19 17:32:22 

In reply to tops
The territorial boards make up the WICB. They are all Bandits.

bobby 2017-03-19 17:33:44 

In reply to mikesiva
Don't tell me 25 wickets in a day is poor batting only. That is a piss poor wicket.

voiceofreason 2017-03-19 17:34:15 

In reply to bobby

This a historic game too, it being the first D/N FC match at Sabina. Not even proper video/audio coverage. Cricket Worse Indies sucks!

Chrissy 2017-03-19 17:46:40 

In reply to bobby

I am not cussing dem dis time because it's the first day/night FC match in the middle of days of rain.
The wicket was covered for days

Courtesy 2017-03-19 18:13:58 

Excuses, excuses, excuses...yes, de same way dey described a cricket ground as "a cow pasture" when the grass was affected by fungi.

Absolutely no excuses then but de hypocrite can come up with one now.

Drapsey 2017-03-19 18:24:17 

In reply to bobby

Don't tell me 25 wickets in a day is poor batting only. That is a piss poor wicket.

Could the time of day the match being played have some negative effect on the proceeding? Something like the lights are not bright enough?

Remember Sabina Park was the venue for the match where the lights went out during the bowlers run-up to bowl. The first logged occurrence of its kind.

WestDem 2017-03-19 18:31:36 

Bunch ah bitches complaining about pitches and WICB when the truth is de cricketers suck!

Courtesy 2017-03-19 18:34:00 

In reply to WestDem

Bunch ah bitches complaining about pitches and WICB when the truth is de cricketers suck!

Binary thinking with a tinge of linearity...why can't it be all parties?

WestDem 2017-03-19 18:43:49 

In reply to Courtesy

If you know you are harnessing piss poor talent, why waste you time? Wait until
Dem ready to run and tek yuh 10%... WI players ungrateful...

voiceofreason 2017-03-19 20:07:12 

In reply to WestDem

These same teams scored 1000 runs in three innings at Warner Park in their first encounter. Yes the players are mediocre but this time an ill- prepared wicket for a historical occasion led to the result you are seeing now.

tops 2017-03-19 22:04:32 

In reply to Drapsey

Remember Sabina Park was the venue for the match where the lights went out during the bowlers run-up to bowl. The first logged occurrence of its kind.

It may be 'The first logged occurrence of its kind', but I seem to recall a bowler running into the umpire...perhaps he suffered some kind a blackout during in his run-up? big grin lol

Scar 2017-03-19 22:15:03 

Probably poor batting more likely. Did any one player complain about creeper balls or ones taking sharp lift? Talking about 25 wickets didnt that kinda happen in a Test match in India about a week ago?

newdread 2017-03-20 09:25:22 

I have no dog in this fight but these are the usual knee-jerk reactions from people who weren't at the game...

The low scores in this match had nothing to do with the quality of the wicket....

Very unfriendly conditions for batting coupled with an inability to cope,,,,and extremely favourable conditions for bowling which were exploited...

Courtesy 2017-03-20 09:56:21 

Like West Indian batsmen are incapable of batting when there is no sunshine?

A new low...but lemme wait for de Leewards Islands mgr's report.

lol lol lol

Drapsey 2017-03-20 10:21:01 

In reply to newdread

Seeing that you were in attendance, could you please fill us in on some details?

What color ball was used for this day/night event?

Was a different color ball used for the day segment of play?

Courtesy 2017-03-20 10:22:11 

First report to come in to De Courtesy and I am quoting here verbatim:

"I was not there on the first day but I watched the second day. The pitch definitely had uneven bounce on a good length and it affected the mindset of the batsman as to whether to play forward or back. It was not a wicket fit for first class cricket based on what I saw".

Thank you.

Courtesy 2017-03-20 10:38:45 

I was not there on the first day but I watched the second day. The pitch definitely had uneven bounce on a good length and it affected the mindset of the batsman as to whether to play forward or back. It was not a wicket fit for first class cricket based on what I saw.

Gleaning this MB and confirming that pacers from the Leewards took all 20 Jamaican wickets this report above provides some useful evidence.

"...The pitch definitely had uneven bounce on a good length..."

Hmmmmmmmmm!!

It would be interesting to ascertain how many overs the Leewards spinners bowled in the entire match.

Courtesy 2017-03-20 10:53:49 

A media report from The Jamaica Observer...which gives credence to a pitch with uneven bounce as observed in the first report above.

This followed ...Saturday’s entertaining second day which saw 25 wickets falling, as the batsmen on both teams struggled to effectively navigate the swing and uneven bounce of the pitch...

sgtdjones 2017-03-20 11:06:12 

This is a funny thread

Here we have individuals who are miles away from the pitches but will complain.

Let's look at it with just an iota of common sense.

If these are players of calibre on both teams,should'nt they be able to play on any type of pitch.
Do we have such players ? Hmmmmmmmmm

Why is it one team always plays better on the same pitch ie will bat or bowl better.
Do they complain or is it just the team that just lost the match.

So pitches in Hingland , Australia or Hindia gats no uneven bounce or swing problem, just de Caribbean HUh ?

Are our calibre players able to play swing? dem gats lorst don't dey.

So we gats bounce and swing ? waht do dese learned critics ting will happen.

So continue to blame anyting that's around you for the results.

Just keep bytching , bytching and more bytching . The latter solves the problem .

evil evil evil

Drapsey 2017-03-20 11:10:19 

In reply to sgtdjones

Night cricket.

1st class cricket being played at night.

Something new, isn't it?

sgtdjones 2017-03-20 11:15:43 

In reply to Drapsey

Okkkkkkk we will gats dem night vision glasses the next game.

Dem go bytch about the balls , den the stadium lights,

Den the grass not green enough at nite.etc etc

Look ee here we gats lousy brain dead players, it's so simple.

Courtesy 2017-03-21 11:27:02 

From de mouth of the Jamaica Scorpions skipper: "... I think the pitch played a very huge role in the outcome because it was under-prepared at first-class status..."

I guess some folks here will still doubt the words of de skipper.

Here is an invitation to the players who played the match sitting at their homes...come een and dementir de skipper..