The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Pakistani cricketer who beat his wife

djdrastic 2017-04-04 09:00:41 

With his bat, forced her to drink bleach and called her friends 'English slag girls' is SPARED jail as a judge who labelled the victim 'not vulnerable' is slammed for 'shocking ignorance'

A Pakistani cricketer who beat his wife with his own bat and forced her to drink bleach while urging her to kill herself is set to join a top British club after being spared jail.

Mustafa Bashir, 34, hit his hotel receptionist wife with his own bat during a jealous outburst, then warned her: 'If I hit you with this bat with my full power then you would be dead.'

During another furious attack, he held Fakhara Karim, 33, by the neck, poured bleach down her throat and forced her to take tablets while ordering her to kill herself.

She told the court how her confidence was crushed by her jealous lover, who berated her for wearing westernised clothes and called her friends 'English slag girls'.

But Bashir was spared jail at Manchester Crown Court, where the judge decided that he did not pass the custody threshold because his ex-wife was not a vulnerable person.

His defence solicitor claimed that he would join former county champions Leicestershire as a professional player after being offered a contract just before his arrest, on the condition that he was not jailed.

Link Text

djdrastic 2017-04-04 09:02:01 

How come nobody ever speaks out for these women ?
Utterly disgusting.That bastard deserves to be put in a meat grinder.

sgtdjones 2017-04-04 10:40:19 

This is unbelievable ???

granite 2017-04-04 10:49:56 

How come she eh dead when she get lick wid de bat,no broken bones,no cuts,maybe bruises,but physical assaults could be as simple as touching someone with your little finger.These types of reports are usually exaggerated.Maybe he touched her with his bat,did she go to hospital after the attack,imagine sparing a Pakistani man a lil prison,that's a new one.
lol

SnoopDog 2017-04-04 11:45:32 

In reply to djdrastic

Liberal feminists will trip over themselves to tell us a woman wearing a bed sheet from head to toe and looks like a ninja represents "choice".

Whereas the Muslim men will tell you the unvarnished truth - "My wife is my property and she must cover herself with a bed sheet in public at all times or face a beating with a cricket bat and I'll also force her to drink some bleach to wash it all down."

Drapsey 2017-04-04 13:20:43 

In reply to djdrastic

Imagine that.

And all the Whorl Boss did was (nicely) ask the female reporter out and that ended his Big Bash tenure.

Chrissy 2017-04-04 15:05:34 

In reply to djdrastic

Disgusting -I want to puke.

Superfly 2017-04-04 18:08:42 

Mustafa Bashir

Leicestershire County Cricket Club are aware of stories that have been published this morning regarding Mustafa Bashir.

The club are bemused by these stories. Any references to Mustafa Bashir signing or being approached to sign for Leicestershire County Cricket Club are completely false. The club have never spoken to Mustafa Bashir or an agent, nor offered a contract to the player.

LINK

BeachBum 2017-04-04 18:37:02 

Some fellas think when they got the money, you should do as they say. But of course in Pakistan men get away with much less assault. He needs to be put in jail though.