The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Cleveland man broadcasts fatal shooting

djdrastic 2017-04-17 03:21:00 

Cleveland man broadcasts fatal shooting on Facebook, vows to ‘keep killing’ in twisted revenge plot against girlfriend

With a phone in one hand and a gun in the other, a psycho approached a random elderly man in Cleveland and shot him dead, filming the callous killing he then posted on Facebook.

Police said Steve Stephens shot 74-year-old Robert Godwin in the city’s Glenville neighborhood at 2 p.m. — uploading the video with the title “Easter day slaughter.”

He said in subsequent videos that the sick killing was an act of revenge directed at his girlfriend, Joy Lane.

Filmed from the shooter’s perspective and allegedly posted to Facebook by Stephens, 37, under his account “Stevie Steve,” the footage shows the gunman walking up to Godwin and asking, “Can you say ‘Joy Lane?’”

Joy Lane,” Godwin replies.

“She’s the reason why all of this is about to happen to you,” the shooter says.

The gunman then asks, “How old are you?” before firing once, striking the helpless man in the head as he tries to protect himself with a white plastic shopping bag.

The shooter walks away from the bloody body, gets into a vehicle and leaves.

The video was removed from Facebook after three hours, and Stephens’ Facebook page was also deactivated — but not before videos he filmed of himself blaming others for the bloodshed began circulating online.

“I shamed myself. I snapped dog, I just snapped ... I killed 13 mother f--kers man. I’m going to keep killing until they catch me, f--- it,” he said.

Police, on an urgent manhunt to find Stephens, were searching vacant homes in the area for any additional victims, according to Cleveland.com. They had yet to find additional victims.

Link Text