The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Darren Bravo claiming lost earnings of $120,000

Devin 2017-04-21 04:46:11 

Link Text

Darren Bravo appears to have rejected the chance of a return to the West Indies side by launching a claim for damages against the WICB.

Bravo, who has not played for West Indies since he was sent home from Zimbabwe in November 2016 following his criticism of board president, Dave Cameron, is claiming lost earnings of around USD120,000 based upon what he could have made from ODIs against Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka, BPL and PSL contracts, and regional Caribbean competitions.

The claim has come as a surprise to officials at WICB who believed they were on the verge of a reconciliation with Bravo. They are also surprised at the suggestion he was prevented from playing in the BPL or PSL as no application for an NOC (no objection certificate) was made ahead of either tournament and, when Bravo did apply for such a certificate ahead of the IPL, it was granted immediately.

runout 2017-04-21 06:20:52 

DB is batting in the stands.

Silly when everything is tAken into consideration.

He is ruining himself.

runout 2017-04-21 06:36:14 

I wonder who his advisors are? Can't see the wisdom in some of the actions taken. You don't burn your bridges.

I hope saner heads prevail.

mikesiva 2017-04-21 06:41:34 

In reply to runout

The question is this: did the WICB follow proper procedures in dealing with the issue?

A court of law will now decide the answer to that question....

Drapsey 2017-04-21 06:45:13 

Not saying "I'm sorry" (or some variant) has cost Bravo $120,000.

I would've said the 'forbidden' phrase for $20,000. Actually, I would say it for $1,000.

runout 2017-04-21 07:08:00 

In reply to mikesiva

Mike, based on the article the organization appears to be operating in good faith. And that is critical in settling disputes.

They still maintain that the door is open for him. This distraction and inaction is detrimental to DB.

sgtdjones 2017-04-21 10:15:37 

The WICB gats a disciplinary committee

Was he taken before such?

Who suspended him?

The above is where it gets very interesting.