The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The JCA must come out and say what is the reason...

Courtesy 2017-04-22 14:08:48 

...why the covers leaked as well as the plethora of wet spots on the outfield as a result inadequate drainage.

This coming after an the unfit pitch a few weeks ago in the regional first class tournament and another four day match in December involving the home side which was abandoned due to poor drainage of the outfield.

Is it because of the lack of financial and other resources that insufficient attention is being paid to Sabina Park?

Jamaicans are a proud people and no doubt are bound to be upset about the international embarrassment today and during the regional tournament.

JCA please clear the air.

Posters, please spare us the excuses that Jamaica is not interested in cricket. If this is the case, then tell the WICB about your disinterest so that corrective action can be taken.

sgtdjones 2017-04-22 14:20:43 

Isn't the big Ediot a member at Sabina.

ask he nah?

Since ya gats preferred info, get Hunte or Hillaire to call he ?

razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2017-04-22 14:23:25 

When the QPO had drainage problems

All Trini's were criticized ah didn't hear u say Trinbagonians are proud people?

sgtdjones 2017-04-22 14:29:25 

Oh Yea how about the sand bowl under the H's regime in Antigua

just near the WICB Offices

Did you ask Hunte or Hillaire to hexplain ?

TheTrail 2017-04-22 14:38:51 

In reply to Courtesy

Is it because of the lack of financial and other resources that insufficient attention is being paid to Sabina Park?

Maybe the groundsmen are hopping mad that there are no JAs in the starting eleven...therefore...

I believe Blackwood should have been in this eleven - he is the incumbent with more experience at test level than Hetmeyer and Singh. His average is immaterial here.

Courtesy 2017-04-22 14:40:59 

In reply to TheTrail

So Blackwood's non-inclusion in the final eleven was the reason for the other inadequacies mentioned in the lead post?

natty_forever 2017-04-22 14:42:12 

In reply to Courtesy... on behalf of Cricket Jamaica ... we nuh waan lose, hence ...

lol

natty_forever 2017-04-22 14:43:13 

In reply to TheTrail... I disagree, he did far less than these youngsters and was selected. Plus his poor showing in the regionals.

POINT 2017-04-22 14:44:16 

In reply to sgtdjones

I totally agree with your assessment , the WICBC must also
be made to explain its neglegence in insuring that the JCB had the Pitch ; covers etc in good condition.

One would expect that after the
total abandonment of a Test Match
in Antigua that was a huge embarrassment to the WICBC & the
Region , the WICBC would have been vigilant regarding Pitches &
Covers etc .

It is quite evident that the Emperors
in the WICBC learnt absolutely nothing from that experience .

NOW THIS IS HAPPENING WHEN

IN THE INTERNATIONAL TEST

CRICKET.

ARENA OUR PLAYERS & TEAM

ARE WALLOWING AT OR NEAR

THE BOTTOM OF THE STANDINGS

IN INTERNAIONAL CRICKET .

Let me reiterate , the People in the Regional Boards & the WICBC are
only interested in Self Preservation .
nothing else matters to them .

They can do as they like due to the fact that their archaic structure ensures that they are only Accountable to themselves .

mikesiva 2017-04-22 14:51:28 

In reply to Courtesy

The covers will be well-positioned if there's any rain for the CPL matches...because serious money can be lost for those matches if any mistakes are made in July.
smile
I don't know why you're so eager for play to take place. This rain is saving the West Indies right now!

Courtesy 2017-04-22 14:57:34 

In reply to mikesiva

I don't know why you're so eager for play to take place. This rain is saving the West Indies right now!

Can I help you with the voices in your head? That's the only conclusion I can arrive at from your excerpt posted above?

How did you arrive at this? By jove!!!!...good grief!!

Slipfeeler 2017-04-22 23:11:25 

In reply to Courtesy

JCA and J'can groundsmen as you claimed are proud people, so not having a Jcan on the team of a match playing in Sabina, especially during Sabina Park celebration are not encouraging factors to them. Maybe there is a link between the lack of Jcans watching the match and the lack of concern about the pitch, grounds or cricket in general in JA.
If my old high school team had a soccer match in Sabina Park, all seats would be filled. So if a high school team can full a cricket park, why WI team cannot even full one stand at Sabina Park? Therein lies the answer to all your questions!

imusic 2017-04-22 23:18:26 

3rd consecutive term inna hoonu rass!

Slipfeeler 2017-04-22 23:40:40 

In reply to imusic

Not helping Yardies due to climate of reverse discrimination, somehow all the resentment against Cameron is been transferred to Yardie players, go figure!
big grin big grin

matchstick 2017-04-23 00:50:31 

The Secretary must come out and say why Gayle and Sarwan are not qualified Test players.

Or confirm that he is a Fairy Take, Arm Chair, Secretary with a PHD in Fackry with a BS in BS.

Courtesy 2017-04-23 06:25:40 

This sad state of affairs at Sabina Park is testimony to the lack of leadership displayed at the level of the WICB.

West Indies cricket has gotten so pathetic that we cannot get a simple task done correctly on a cricket ground and mind you there have been similar disasters in short order.

Ample proof of the stellar work of the President of the West Indies Cricket Board Dave Cameron. Dave you're going good my boy...keep up the good work.

And cricket fans don't expect any explanation to this recent fiasco. The WICB is accountable to no one and no one will be made to account for this.

In the real world both the President of the JCA and the WICB would be made to resign pronto.

Such is life in a tropical paradise.

Drapsey 2017-04-23 10:43:51 

CricInfo:

There are groundstaff standing on sponges to try and dry the outfield. Ian Bishop giving a pitch report and showing some of the cracking on the surface. They could play a part during the game.

Sponges in this modern era?

The norm is for helicopters to be utilized in such events. Why couldn't the JCA (or the WICB) engage the JDF to do the honors?

Bunch of incompetents if you asked me.

Cleg 2017-04-23 10:58:46 

In reply to imusic

3rd consecutive term inna hoonu rass!

...and if we "TAKE" the bottom of the hill (10th)... as seems likely

...it will be a 4th to raas!